SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

If you approach with Dedede in the air, you will usually take a guaranteed 30%+ damage.

However, jumping toward them and inhaling will catch most OOS options. Just do it sparingly.

If you're getting juggled, stop clumsily flopping toward the stage and grab a ledge instead.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the last point, he does have a command grab.

Are you talking about his inhale? Because I can swear I've shielded that, but I can't find a source on it either way, nor can I check it myself right now.

The windbox of Inhale won't affect you when you're shielding or intangible (i.e. mid-dodge). Other wise, it sucks you toward Dedede. It is possible to attack Dedede while being pulled toward him, but only when you're not being eaten. Because of this, it is unsafe to shield directly in front of Dedede's Inhale.

Edited by Zera

Also you can use PK Freeze inside him somehow.

Dedede ate the first PK Freeze, initiating his absurdly long swallowing animation. This allowed Lucas to land the second PK Freeze. Lucas was never inhaled at all.

(Please make Dedede's swallow 4x faster, Sakurai)

Hey guys if Snake ever came back, how funny would it be if he kept this.

EyGG84D.jpg

Now I will show you why I am the most powerful practitioner of psychokinesis and telepathy in the world!

Hey guys if Snake ever came back, how funny would it be if he kept this.

EyGG84D.jpg

5Vv0Wqs.jpg

Solid Disjoint.

I'd laugh even harder if the move really was disjointed like that in his original game.

As hilarious as it looks, that's the first thing I see getting a good chance of being nerfed.

I'd laugh even harder if the move really was disjointed like that in his original game.

As hilarious as it looks, that's the first thing I see getting a good chance of being nerfed.

Hahaha, the mental image of that working in MGS.

Snake is also ridiculously heavy. It's completely illogical that he should be harder to kill than Dedede and Ganondorf.

Considering he carries about 3 different types of explosive projectile weapons and a portable helicopter drone, I'd say he's probably pretty heavy.

On a related note, if Snake were to come back in Smash, I hope he'd look more like he did in MGS1 instead of the mix of MGS2 Solid Snake and Naked Snake.

Speaking of messed up/OP stuff, that brings back memories of this:

200px-ICsCG.gif

I have to wonder, if the Ice Climbers were to theoretically be in SSB4 (obeying SSB4 physics/rules, so they'd abide by the no grabbing 2 seconds after throwing/grabbing someone but them breaking out of it), would they still do well in tournaments? I have a feeling they might have a chaingrab similar to Luigi's down air grab reset. Though even if they didn't have any chaingrabs whatsoever, I'd like to think that they'd still do well in tournaments. I mean, they still have quite a lot of tools at their disposal, like alternating Ice shot streams/Squall Hammer streams through desynching, grounded Blizzards that would punish dodgerolling, the feared meteor throw (I'll explain it in the next paragraph for those who don't know about it), and Belay being the best vertical KO move ever!! (though in all seriousness, I do use Belay in Brawl as a KO move since it is surprisingly strong and I have a soft spot for KOing with impractical, punishable moves for showing off).

Anyways, I mentioned the meteor throw. I don't know if the competitive scene has an official name for it, but 0:15-0:16 of the below video is the technique I'm talking about:

I have a feeling that if the Ice Climbers were to somehow/theoretically return, that technique would be kept unless Sakurai somehow did some really fancy programming to negate it while still having it work properly as a meteor smash when they're both in the air. That's one of my favourite techniques with the Ice Climbers in Brawl (right next to the Belay KO and the down chain throw). Quite a lot of my friends considered that technique cheap, but I'm not sure if I'd agree with them. Then again, I've never been on the receiving end of that technique...

The Ice Climbers losing their chain grabs would probably not do nearly as well.

Personally, how much worse do you think they'd be? Mid tier? Low/bottom tier?

I'd like to think they'd at least be mid/mid low, since without chain grabbing they'd still have quite a lot of techniques unique to them based on their two-in-one property, but with Nana being loseable and not regenerating on the same stock like Luma does, a solo Ice Climber would be much more vulnerable in SSB4 compared to Melee or Brawl since even one Ice Climber in the latter two games could still chaingrab to an extent.

I'm not sure, because I'm unsure how they would transition from Brawl to Smash 4.

Considering almost no character has been 100% consistent from game to game.

True. Still, it's fun to speculate, and imagine the what-ifs. For example, I've always speculated that if Ivysaur were in SSB4, they'd change his up B since both Zero Suit Samus and Olimar had their tether up B's changed into different moves. He'd probably have Seed Bomb, which would work as a combination of Ivysaur's down air and Mii Gunner's Lunar Launch

On another note, I've finally learned how to effectively use Mario's FLUDD as an edgeguard. If you cape the opponent after their mid-air jump, then shoot a fully changed FLUDD at them right afterwards, it sends them surprisingly far due to FLUDD multiplying (I'm not sure if it technically multiplies it, but either way, it increases it) the horizontal momentum of the opponent going away from the stage after being caped, to the point that only characters with insanely far recoveries can make it back (and by the time, Mario can usually follow up with a forward air, back air, another cape, or an uncharged FLUDD spray, the last one being strangely effective).