SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I was initially thinking it was a Golden Sun stage but...

Mw7xmf6.png

(focus on the boxed in areas)

I think it's Palutena's Temple.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is Palutenas temple. As much as it disappoints me to say it isn't Golden Sun related, it looks nothing like Sol Sanctum or the four lighthouses.

Two people already told me Venus Lighthouse was a stage via April fools pranks much to my rage. (Doofinas thoughts it was a GS stage isn't included because he wouldn't do that)

Huh, this stage reminds me of both Palutena's Temple and the Temple of Time from Zelda Twilight Princess. So I say custom stage too. Sweet. :D

Its definitely not TP's temple of time, the color and style do not match itnor are any of its key landmarks, custom stages do not have that detailed of backgrounds either due to the rendering of such a thing would be more data unless its been kicked up that much.

Plus if it was stage builder Sakurai wouldn't have been so vague. I'm gonna play Chapter 20 of Kid Icarus after my business trade day and compare because its probably just the temples lower levels

I think it's Palutena's Temple, too. But it could just be a generic "Dungeon" stage from Legend of Zelda rather than a specific location (the Zelda stage "Hyrule Temple" and the Fire Emblem stage "Castle Siege" come to mind as similar examples).

I don't think Stage Builder would be this advanced, taking patterns from each stage to cleverly craft a new stage altogether using elements from each stage. Even if Wii U-only, I do hope it returns and is more advanced than in Brawl!

Um, dude? Nester is fake, and while Chrom has a good chance, I think that was a fake picture.

Given how critical I am and how I completely advocate AGAINST Chrom, I thought it would've been obvious I was joking, sorry.
I don't see Chrom having a good chance though, but it's been discussed to death.
Edited by SlipperySlippy

Palutenas temple may be our new Castle Siege in concept.

My 2 cents, also fe discussion once more but its note relevant now so it doesn't bug me, again I think Chrom had a reasonable chance and uniqueness to bring to the table. They could use class change and his sword style in cut scenes. Or whatever Sakurai wishes

Considering Marth (and by extention Roy) have Jugdral inspiration more then their own games (which is why decloning Roy would be simple if he returned). The influence is still there but there is more Judgral. Ike has a good chunk of his animations as moves so I don't think Chrom would be impossible to make stand out, he isn't top of my list by any means but he has possibilities (as does Lucina due to her surge of popularity and the recent growing female members of the cast, Miccy and Lyn also have the uniqueness factor, as does Hector and Ephraim) But the more likely are the Awakening cast or the assist trophy Lyn I think

I think I used the wrong wording, I mean everyone has a chance. Of course, I do respect the Chrom and Lucina supporters, and if one of 'em win, enjoy playing them. I am interested to see if Westerners (majority Chrom supporters) vs Japan (majority Lucina supporters) win though.

Speaking of Castle Siege, we've got Arena Ferox for the 3DS, but I don't really see Castle Siege returning (unless as a 'Brawl Stage' like how Brawl had 'Melee Stages') on either 3DS or Wii U. Think they'll take a notable area from Radiant Dawn or create another stage that is simply Fire Emblem-inspired? I see the same thing happening for Ice Climbers.

I think I used the wrong wording, I mean everyone has a chance. Of course, I do respect the Chrom and Lucina supporters, and if one of 'em win, enjoy playing them. I am interested to see if Westerners (majority Chrom supporters) vs Japan (majority Lucina supporters) win though.

Speaking of Castle Siege, we've got Arena Ferox for the 3DS, but I don't really see Castle Siege returning (unless as a 'Brawl Stage' like how Brawl had 'Melee Stages') on either 3DS or Wii U. Think they'll take a notable area from Radiant Dawn or create another stage that is simply Fire Emblem-inspired? I see the same thing happening for Ice Climbers.

I probably misread your wording anyways no biggie.

Considering the tradition of past stages I wouldn't be surprised to see some brawl stages come back, Castle Siege was a personal favorite of mine but I could see Radiant Dawn getting a stage. The Tower of Guidance, Castle Crimea, The Bridge between Crimea and Daein, among other possibilities or Sakurai could bring in some Fe1/3/11/12 chapter as a stage because apparently in Melee there wasa scrapped FE stage from Marths era

(no need, Ninian lol)

MORE Fire Emblem talk? Can't we give it a rest, guys? xP

Anyway, if this was Palutena's Temple or another non-custom stage, wouldn't Sakurai have said so? He always gave us names when showing new stages or explaining ones he already showed further.

So the new stage in the screenshot is most likely from Kid Icarus? Good to know, since it didn't look recognizable to me at all. Though it really looks like an area that would be in Adventure Mode rather than a playable stage in Free for Alls.

Hmm... seeing how a lot of people want the Fire Emblem and Ike talk to stop, this gives me an interesting idea...

Let's see if people in this thread can refrain from talking about Fire Emblem and Ike, talking about the competitive scene and constantly bashing on Sakurai for not appealing to it, and bashing on Brawl for at least two weeks (so up to and including April 15).

If everyone is able to stop yourself from doing all of that just for that length, I'll personally refrain from using this as my sig:

flutter_bee_gif_by_dnftt2011-d78n89m.gif

Don't like the sig? Blame the people in the SSB4 thread for it.

I'm not doing this as a hostile act or anything. Think of this more as an April Fools type joke of sorts. Plus, April is practically the month of trolling solely because of April Fools.

Plus I was considering using that as my sig eventually anyways, so I at least thought I'd give SF a fair chance of not having to be exposed to that sig.

I'll make an exception for any Fire Emblem/Ike related updates on the site of course, just for the day of the update and the day following it.

Edited by Randoman

Hey now the fe talk was fine. It was more all the discussion being about Ike and solely Ike that was irritating. Chrom and his possibilities were brought up so I decided to elaborate.

Yes I did say I was tired of the fe talk but that's because it always devolved into Roy vs Ike and now its actually a pleasant discussion not really involving either now you decide to put your foot down. Hypocrisy at its best

Well, that's true. I've stated my opinions on Chrom and Lucina's chances several times before though. Simply put, I think Chrom is the only one with any chance of being playable while Lucina has a shot at being an assist and/or Marth costume.

I'd prefer if Lyn was the third FE Rep.

Please keep Ike's FE Ranger Design. It's the best looking one for me.

I'd still prefer if Chrom replaced Ike but had the same playstyle though. It doesn't matter much to me, however, as I don't really like either, I just want unique FE Reps.

Edited by GabrielKnight