SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I hope all these revampings actually make the characters better like Sakurai says they will. I remember pre-Brawl when Link's spin attack was hyped as being buffed but it ended up being almost entirely defanged, to the point where I ended up not playing as Link anymore in Brawl.

I especially hope that Bowser's redesign made him a viable character. He's been probably my favorite Nintendo character since I was very young. He was the first video game character I ever controlled, in Super Mario Kart. I didn't even realize that he was a villain, because, like I said, Super Mario Kart was my first game ever. Then, a few years later, Super Mario RPG came out, which solidified Bowser's place on my favorite characters list. I was so excited to have him in Melee, even though he turned out to basically be useless in that game and I ended up switching to Link after my friends kept handing my ass to me.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This doesn't seem like a buff, if anything it will make roof Thunder KOs harder.

Yeah, that was my first thought upon seeing this. Has me worried that Sakurai still might not know what he's doing when it comes to balancing.

on the bright side, if you can still reverse momentum in this game, you might be able to get quick meteor kills while being relatively safe. that dodging has me worried though.

He also might've meant that if they were that high up for some other reason, like if they were recovering high, they could dodge the cloud hit (just like they could dodge the lightning)

I'm torn between "that's a nice touch" and "fuck the rodent" *

*in smash

Also, it's possible that the cloud delivers the meteor smash, not the lightning itself, and that this just wasn't obviously apparent from the pictures, so that it could still usable for vertical kills

I also seem to remember there being a cloud in at least brawl, and that it didn't have a hitbox then? But I could be inventing things

It wouldn't really make sense for the cloud to be the smash attack, given it is a video game. Although in the second picture, you can see the lightning hit him and the third, he's being smashed downwards, so it's pretty safe to say the meteor smash comes from the lightning itself.

Isabelle is the newest Assist Trophy revealed. No further details about her.

Also a special Smash Bros. 4 Nintendo Direct on April 8th (Tuesday)

http://www.nintendo.com/nintendo-direct/04-08-2014

Also I saw the name Isabelle and thought advanced wars then was sadly disapointed. Then I remembered that's Isabella ;/. Random Animal Crossing villager why not. No Tom Nook or one of the more iconic characters for assist extremely bizarre if you ask me

Random?

She's um, not random.

In New Leaf, she's your assistant as mayor of your town and runs the town hall proceedings much like Pelly/Phyllis used to in the older games.

She's practically the mascot for the game, if I may so bold.

Now back to important matters.

Like fangirling.

BECAUSE ISABELLE. <3

Heh, I think she looks cute. ^^

So, here's what I'm hoping for/predicting in the SSB4 direct. :3

- Ike for veteran reveal cause PoR Japanese anniversary. PWEEEEEZ, SAKURAI!

- Keldeo for newcomer (more of a hope rather than prediction lol)

- Tellius stage along with Ike

- Adventure mode stuff

- Stage Builder stuff

- Some Final Smashes

- Brand new features

- And finally, release date!

Random?

She's um, not random.

In New Leaf, she's your assistant as mayor of your town and runs the town hall proceedings much like Pelly/Phyllis used to in the older games.

She's practically the mascot for the game, if I may so bold.

Now back to important matters.

Like fangirling.

BECAUSE ISABELLE. <3

Ah I see. Forgive my ignorance, I guess I was just excited for a advanced wars thing of any kind and the names were similar enough and the fact I haven't played New Leaf

I thought Ridley worked just fine as a boss. Why do people want him so much? I'm not saying he's too big or anything, since we have people like Bowser and Olimar resized. But who would replace Ridley as an adventure mode boss?

I thought Ridley worked just fine as a boss. Why do people want him so much? I'm not saying he's too big or anything, since we have people like Bowser and Olimar resized. But who would replace Ridley as an adventure mode boss?

Because they really like Metroid and want to see the second most important character and most important/recurring villain from it be given more respect than just being an easy to defeat boss?

Because he's a big purple flying fire-breathing space dragon and omg how could you be fine with letting that gameplay potential go to waste because he's "fine as a boss?"

Edit: not to mention we might not get Adventure mode bosses anymore....

Edited by shinpichu

Well, I guess those are valid points. I've never played Metroid, nor am I interested in it, so... :P

My most wanted newcomer is still Keldeo for Pokemon though. He was the star of a recent movie, and he'd be ridiculously unique too, especially if Pokemon Trainer isn't coming back. If Red and his mons go, Keldeo would be the only quadrupedal character AND the only character that uses water-based attacks (not counting Mario's FLUDD). And as I've said before, he can FLY with the water he shoots from his hooves, giving him recovery potential.

Edited by Anacybele

Also, the series has been without more than one rep since ever. Star Fox, which hiatus'd its run at around the same time, had THREE reps in Brawl. But poor F-Zero, great racing series...never got Samurai Gotoh.