SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

To be honest, I hadn't ever even heard of F-Zero until I played Brawl. xP

I played Melee, but I never remembered Captain Falcon being in it, even though he is. :P

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be honest, I hadn't ever even heard of F-Zero until I played Brawl. xP

I played Melee, but I never remembered him being in it, even though he is. :P

I'm crying out of sadness.

I hope Yoshi, Falco and Ike are revealed in the direct.

But racing games are great though.

Eh, oh well, everyone has different tastes and junk. Little Mac might be one of my mains.

Smash Direct! HYPE.

I'm predicting some big reveals. Multiple veterans, at least one newcomer, stages, and...maybe a release date?!

For the veterans, I think we'll see the rest of the 64 gang. If not all of them, at least Ness and Captain Falcon. I'm hoping for Mewtwo, because come on, HYPE!! Newcomers, maybe Palutena will finally be confirmed? RIDLEY?! HYPE!!! I'm hopeful for Isaac because of Golden Sun being released on the Wii U, plz Sakuria...

The ones I played other than MK bored me to death after a short time. Sorry.

No need to apologize, everyone has different tastes.

Isn't Captain Falcon already in Smash 4?

Isn't Captain Falcon already in Smash 4?

Hasn't been officially confirmed yet, but Sakurai seemed to have slipped his presence in an interview awhile back.

I believe in Captain Falcon's case, it was a mention of his Falcon Punch and for the Ice Climbers, their playstyle was brought up as something that was difficult to implement in the 3DS version.

Edited by Anacybele

Ridley would be cool playable some things hamper him however

1. Past as a boss character while I doubt this. It could be a possible hidderence

2. Metroid is barely known in Japan (really says something when the more popular of that creators series in Japan is Kid Icarus) Popular in the west. Akin to Little Mac but seeing he made it maybe Ridley has a shot

We had one assist trophy promoted to playable, so I think promoting one boss would be nice. Ridley definitely needs to be scaled down, however. That said, his vastly inconsistent difference in size between games may be an advantage in that respect, and it's not like we're asking for Kraid.

I also have hopes that a Belmont or Alucard would replace Snake, not because I dislike Snake (MGS is really fun), but after thinking it over, Castlevania was a big part of the NES, the SNES and GBA and DS systems. Snakes games have only been on the NES, GBC, GC and 3DS, and only ever as ports of pre-existing games. I think Castlevania is much like Megaman in how it was one of the third-party series that helped define the NES. The soundtrack that'd be produced for this game, awesome.

Edited by Knight

I had a really weird dream about Smash 4 a while ago. I saw Captain Falcon, Roy, and Cecil Harvey fighting in front of the Castle from the SNES Mario's Time Machine. It probably won't come true, since Sakurai would never use stages from non-canon Nintendo (though the Castle did make for quite an awesome fighting backdrop), Roy's chances are around 50-50 at best (but it's still the most realistic thing in that dream next to Captain Falcon's return), and Cecil Harvey's chances of being a playable character are quite slim, especially when Square Enix focuses on Cloud and Lightning, mostly. Though I'll admit, Cecil would make the most sense for a Final Fantasy rep, since he originated on the SNES in Final Fantasy IV, his FFIV's sequel debuted on WiiWare when considering dedicated gaming consoles only, and Final Fantasy IV got a full blown out, rebalanced, and redesigned (in terms of game mechanics and the monsters and bosses) 3D remake on the DS. I mean, no other Final Fantasy protagonist had their game tie in with Nintendo that heavily. The chances of any Final Fantasy character are quite low, though.

Anyways, I wonder what kind of things will be shown at the Nintendo Direct. I think we'll get at least one newcomer (I'm guessing either Palutena, Mii, or Takamaru) and one or two veterans revealed. They'll probably also reveal more details on things like Adventure Mode and Wii U/3DS connectivity.

Wait, what if this was the big "playable Mii" reveal, and the rest of the direct was about Mii customization in regards to movesets and that being the Wii U/3DS connectivity feature? Well, Sakurai did add the Wii Fit Trainer and the Super Scope 6 Lady as playable characters, so anything is possible with him directing the game.

In New Leaf, she's your assistant as mayor of your town and runs the town hall proceedings much like Pelly/Phyllis used to in the older games.

She's practically the mascot for the game, if I may so bold.

I've never played an Animal Crossing game myself, yet even I know who Isabelle is and how iconic she is in New Leaf. I'd say she's practically the Rosalina equivalent for Animal Crossing, in terms of her being relatively new yet getting an insanely big fanbase in a relatively short period compared to the game series' lifespan.

...then again, all my GoNintendo site surfing is probably the only reason I know her. So I guess it's understandable that people wouldn't know her.

Anyways, I have no problems about seeing her in as an Assist Trophy, since she's probably one of the most liked Animal Crossing characters currently. And I don't blame them since she's that sickeningly cute.

I believe in Captain Falcon's case, it was a mention of his Falcon Punch and for the Ice Climbers, their playstyle was brought up as something that was difficult to implement in the 3DS version.

Yeah, that's what I remember as well from previous articles.

I'm still hoping for Isaac considering Golden Sun is getting ported to the Wii U soon.

Palutena or Snake returning are probably more probable happenings.

The ice climbers are such a weird choice to put back in. They only had one game back in the 80s. I figure they'd serve as a nice legacy one-shot kinda deal, like with R.O.B being mostly irrelevant today but still being put in.

Just make Ice Climbers 2 already

As for characters, hoping an FE character and a Mother character get a reveal, also a newcomer would be pretty cool.

Edited by Alertcircuit

The ice climbers are such a weird choice to put back in. They only had one game back in the 80s. I figure they'd serve as a nice legacy one-shot kinda deal, like with R.O.B being mostly irrelevant today but still being put in.

Just make Ice Climbers 2 already

Kind of funny considering how Nintendo always seems to bring back new iterations of balloon fight but never any new versions of Ice Climbers.

I mean we got Tingle Balloon Fight, Wario Ware's Smooth Moves version, Nintendo Land version etc.

Game-specific directs are usually around 20 minutes long.

Which means we're getting a ton of content.

Give me your brain.

What? They don't call me Randoman for nothing (and I am an awkward man after all). Well, maybe wanting your brain because you knew about the "Nintendo Direct every 2 months schedule" and the length of game specific Nintendo Directs while I don't is a bit too much.

On a side note, do you guys think R.O.B. will be getting his own Gyromite or Stack Up stage in Smash Bros. this time around? I always found it a bit weird that he didn't get his own stage while Ice Climbers and Mr. Game & Watch do.

I'm still hoping for Isaac considering Golden Sun is getting ported to the Wii U soon.

Palutena or Snake returning are probably more probable happenings.

I had no idea Golden Sun was getting ported! Sweet~

On a more on-topic note, I don't personally see Snake coming back. His appearance in SSBB seemed like a sort of one-shot deal.

And the MGS franchise has too different a target audience now than 6 years ago - like, have you seen the MGSV trailer? Torturing of women, child soldiers, child murder, and depictions of opening a child's stomach and messing with the organs while he is still conscious. Nintendo might not want to bring that back.

Eww...that set me off for the rest of the day...

If a Namco character made it in, I'm hoping it's Siegfried, Nightmare, or Yoshimitsu, though it'll likely be Patroklos if from Soul Calibur or Jin if from Tekken.

Though since Yosh is in both Tekken and Soul Calibur...he has a better chance than most. Sieg and Nightmare would play almost the same as each other.