SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I guess Sceptile would be my pick for a 3rd gen rep since it would complete a Grass/Fire/Water triangle. Charizard is the Fire type, Greninja is the Water type. I don't like the other Hoenn starters' final forms anyway. xP

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

screw ssb4, me only want XENOBLADE :smug:

Actually, I've been wondering if they'll introduce any 3rd Gen pokemon to the playable roster due to AlphaSapphire and OmegaRuby coming soon, or will it be: "who cares"

If possible, what pokemon would you think could make it? Or what pokemon would you like to see there?

who cares if we have tons of pokemons anyway jk 8D

[spoiler=Relevant]

hmm

Charizard was Ash's only Kanto starter to evolve

Sceptile was his Hoenn starter

He has a Froakie currently

Both Charmander and Froakie are given by the professor of X/Y for 3DS (indirectly for the latter)

A Hoenn remake is coming out this year for 3DS

Charizard and Greninja are in SSB4

Sceptile confirmed for SSB4!1!!

that's a joke post, but I wouldn't mind Sceptile tbh

and I don't care about "too many pokemon"

actually, since Pokemon Trainer did this thing of having Grass/Fire/Water starter, I think having a Grass starter along with Charizard and Greninja wouldn't be that farfetch'd

Edited by Baldo

I don't really care that much though lol. The only Pokemon character I plan to try out is Charizard (and that's only for Mega Zard X), so yeah. :P

I don't really care that much though lol. The only Pokemon character I plan to try out is Charizard (and that's only for Mega Zard X), so yeah. :P

well what if sceptile would promptly annihilate ike bcuz his sword is better charizard if he got in? it would still affect you. :P

Eh, not really. I don't like Sceptile THAT much.

No sword is cooler than Ragnell. :3

well i was trying to get to the fact that you'd probably have to learn how to pay against him, but i suppose that wouldn't be too big.

alondite

Still loving the "eh" and "meh" in this thread.

Where is even discussion in this thread when all I see is "Meeeeeeh" except for certain instances?

There is so much negativity in here.

I'd love to see the post counts for people in this thread.

Edited by shadowofchaos

YES ROSALINA IN THE DEMO!

and Gamecube controller support holy crap holy crap holy crap

Sakurai, have my pay check.

Yes. :DD

It proves that 50 slots pic wrong then for sure.

Yeah I'm just as hyped for GC controller familiarity

Nobody will believe it unless it is decisive evidence from Nintendo/Sakurai themselves. The Ridley getting cancelled as playable is legit info as Sakurai just said it himself that "He was too big."

Would a good energy blast of Ragnell goodness be too much to ask for? ;~;

Mail Nintendo about it!
I'm sure thousands are doing that already.
Go ahead...
The game is still in development.

TxqtrrM.png

M1x4wTe.png

That's nifty and to add along the Gamecube Controller experience which Nintendo probably had better fun with it than with a Wii controller. Opponent beats you to a pulp. Outraged and seeing the highlight of your opponent=Seek and destroy.

I'm glad that the GC adapter is being made because I need new GameCube controllers. Last night I was playing Super Mario Sunshine and almost broke my last working controller...

Thank god that I have 3 working ones as I've used them for the Wii. FE10 and Brawl.
Joystick is recommended. So...bring back the Gamecube controlling as ZM already said before... "They have done it right."

I'm most hyped for the Smash stuff (and Zelda Wii U)! But all I REALLY hope to see in the Smash bit is stage builder and Ike footage. Anything Ike! I just wanna see him kicking some ass. :3 Especially if it's some GREAT...AETHERRR!! (even better if it's in blue fire or we can make it have blue fire via the customizable moveset stuff :D)

Yeah.
Wishing they'd make another E3 video for Ike like the last one to confirm Greninja, Little Mac and Charizard.

screw ssb4, me only want XENOBLADE :smug:

Actually, I've been wondering if they'll introduce any 3rd Gen pokemon to the playable roster due to AlphaSapphire and OmegaRuby coming soon, or will it be: "who cares"

If possible, what pokemon would you think could make it? Or what pokemon would you like to see there?

who cares if we have tons of pokemons anyway jk 8D

Sceptile.

I guess Sceptile would be my pick for a 3rd gen rep since it would complete a Grass/Fire/Water triangle. Charizard is the Fire type, Greninja is the Water type.

You hit the nail on the head, sweetie.

Eh, not really. I don't like Sceptile THAT much.

No sword is cooler than Ragnell. :3

We want to see the leaf blade in action...too. Would look nice to see on the Wii-U!!!
Please put in Sceptile or Mewtwo, Nintendo for the last Pokemon rep.

Still loving the "eh" and "meh" in this thread.
Where is even discussion in this thread when all I see is "Meeeeeeh" except for certain instances?

There is so much negativity in here.

I'd love to see the post counts for people in this thread.

I'm already over 130 spreading the looove of this game!

Many people have mentioned Sceptile, he'd be cool to me if he was not so similar to Greninja in build. If not him, than some sort of legendary maybe.

Perhaps if Sceptile had moves like seed bomb and giga drain, maybe leech seed somehow, something to give him more of an identity as a character.

Edited by Knight

Lucario's art? Yeah, he was revealed back in January, I believe.

I don't know about that conversation though, I really don't get what they're talking about.

EDIT: Oh, wait, I didn't see that bottom part. I don't know, there's no way to prove such a statement.

Edited by Anacybele

Is this real?

4ba.png

Ha ha...

It can be done for Little Mac while becoming Giga Mac. :D

Edited by Barbie

Ineresting to note that Sean tagged Rob Paulsen in one of those Tweets.

(For those who don't know, he is the voice of Gray Fox in Twin Snakes and Brawl)

Also:

https://twitter.com/Konami/status/472543928823349248/photo/1

Possible hinting towards Snake returning?

(For those who don't know, he is the voice of Gray Fox in Twin Snakes and Brawl)

Also:

If Snake does return, I hope he has his look from MGS1/Twin Snakes, Snake in Brawl looked weird, he had MGS3 Big Boss' beard and MGS2 Snake's costume, neither of those games were on Nintendo consoles. (At the time, there's MGS3D now, but...)

I would enjoy the return of Snake, my brother would be happy since he's his main, but if I had to choose a Konami rep that was more fitting, I'd choose a Castlevania character.

Also:

All I see is more Metal Gear Solid 5 announcement.

All I see is more Metal Gear Solid 5 announcement.

That's what I figured it's hinting at. Still, you never can be sure with Kojima.

Also, I think this blog post is worth a read: http://jake-plissken.blogspot.com/2014/05/snake-in-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u-and.html?m=1

Edit: Just FYI: Konami is having their E3 thing on the 6th, not the 10th. And MS and Sony are having theirs on the 9th.

Edited by shinpichu

I really hope Nintendo announces the official release date for the 3DS during the E3.

I need to know so I can get my hands on my copy, and try out Little Mac, Rosalina, and the new Zero Suit.

Snap, I still have yet to preorder either version of the game. I need to get to that soonish. :P

Edited by Anacybele