SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Hold back on the salt, that much sodium can't be good for you! This kind of attitude isn't what Smash is about. Characters come and go in all sorts of fighting games and it's annoying when ones you like vanish, but these "OMG, I want X instead of Y" is kinda silly. If you wanted the old characters, play the old gamers, you silly!

but shin, salt is the thing that makes you powerful!

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh, this is actually pretty interesting! Might make Smash a bit easier to play. And that's a nice price too, if that $181 for the XL sticks out here in the US. I already have two 3DSs, but since there will be games only for this New 3DS, I'm gonna have to eventually get it anyway, methinks. What if a new FE is made for it, for example?

WHAT Edited by Comet

If there is one thing I'm glad is that I don't have any attachment to majority of the characters at all. Especially the ones that are cut. Yes it sucks if a specific character is cut but I always think of what other awesome new characters we could get. I mean I used Ice Climbers a lot in melee and brawl but I was mostly meh or didn't care about them enough at all. I played their original game quite a number times too back then and I had no attachment whatsoever.

It's great if you have an attachment to these characters must of us do but at the same time you need to look back at yourself think about how devoted you are to these fictional characters. I know I like a lot of characters too and do have affections for many of them but at the same time, we should rejoice that they had the opportunity to shine in a series where characters are lucky enough to actually be in Super Smash Bros.

So how do you guys feel about the "New" 3DS?

Meh....but I will laugh really hard if Majoras Mask 3D is gonna be exclusive on the "New" 3DS.

As I stated a little while ago, I like it! I don't mind getting it even though I have two 3DSs right now. lol

WHAT

It says so in the article you showed me. lol One of the games will be the Xenoblade port.

Edited by Anacybele

WHAT

the xenoblade remake, for example

also this thread needs more discussion of the poll at the top imo

name sucks

Also the circle pad placement is a little weird

I hope this means we get CPP support in Smash 4

Ooh, this is actually pretty interesting! Might make Smash a bit easier to play. And that's a nice price too, if that $181 for the XL sticks out here in the US. I already have two 3DSs, but since there will be games only for this New 3DS, I'm gonna have to eventually get it anyway, methinks. What if a new FE is made for it, for example?

I think that t

What if a new FE is made for it, for example?

I hope not I don't have that kind of $ to buy a third 3DS wtf nintendo.

The part of me that likes to have money hopes its like the "dsi exclusives" and also that developers get too worried about shooting themselves in the foot by releasing games for a specific version of a console, but then I bet Nintendo will be like "Surprise! 3DS gets SNES and GBA games now! Integrated Virtual Console with Wii U!" and mop my money right off the floor along with my jaw. But hey it could be super cool.

The placement of the second stick IS a bit weird and I think the name could've been better, but other than that, I'm totally interested in buying it when it comes out here. :D

Eh, whatever floats your boat, Comet.

I like to think of this as a similar upgrade to what the DSi was to the DS. I remember wanting a DSi too, but I never got one, sadly. So I won't miss out this time! I'm getting that New 3DS! (but seriously, NoA better give it a better name)

bold applies to the other examples as well

underlined is actually pretty arguable; I've definitely heard a hell of a lot more "I want Bowser Jr. to be in" than I did for either of DHD or WFT

and really just because characters are icons doesn't mean they deserve a spot

Duck Hunt and Wii Fit Trainer have other merits, though; that's what I was getting at, if you had felt like reading my post. Bowser Jr. has a minimal amount of requests, not nearly enough to make him notable.

what was there to respond to?

you made a claim about merits and presented them as Fact without saying why

it was the presentation of "this is a bad character without merits and that is Objectively True" that I was objecting to

If you didn't think there was anything to respond to, you should not have responded.

Where in my post did I say that what I was saying was objective fact?

if you're going to make assertions that other people might disagree with, you ought to expect them to do so - especially if you frame them as you have been doing

if you don't want people to respond to you don't make the post

that is how forums work

I'm always up for discussion. Unfortunately, "That's your opinion" is not a good conversation starter (or perhaps it is, considering where we are now).

An actually appropriate discussion would have been you rebutting with good reasons to add Bowser Jr., particularly in regards to him getting in over veterans. Instead you just pointed out Duck Hunt and WFT without any actual explanation as to why they might be worse additions and mentioned that Bowser Jr. looks fun to play as, which isn't entirely relevant considering my point was that I don't think he should have been in in the first place. For example, the first quote from you at the top of this post is an entirely reasonable line of discussion that I responded to normally.

Then you gave a useless statement about how what I said is an opinion, to which I can only respond, "No shit, Sherlock."

tl;dr disagree if you want, voice your opinions if you want, but if you're going to talk, say something substantial.

Dude, this is hardly fair to people who like Shulk or the newcomers that you guys want to trade away. For the record, I'm not happy about the Ice Climbers being cut too. But it's absolutely selfish to say that you guys want to trade away newcomers that OTHER PEOPLE WHO ARE NOT YOU may like for something else.

Seriously, I didn't piss on people when Lucina was revealed no matter how much I didn't want her. Let Shulk fans have their moment without all this salt.

Wanting Ice Climbers back had nothing to do with Shulk until Shulk fans made it happen. I am not blaming Shulk for the lack of Ice Climbers, nor am I preventing Shulk fans from being excited for him.

In fact, the real problem post was this:

The amount of whining in this thread is laughable.

Yes its a shame that Wolf, Lucas, Snake, Ice Climbers, Squirtle and Ivysaur won't be joining us most likely, but surely people have other characters to use. I lost Roy, many others lost Mewtwo and others before, we survived surely you can too.

This blaming newcomers for their non return is very crappy and unacceptable.

And at that point, there was little to no actual complaining going on, and the "complaining" previous to it was minimal at most.

But some people apparently can't handle others not being COMPLETELY SATISFIED with everything.

If you wanted the old characters, play the old gamers, you silly!

This is again a bad argument. I want to play the newer, upgraded games with the characters I love to play as. If "go play the old games" was the solution, PM would not have added Mewtwo and Roy and people wouldn't strongly advocate for their return in future titles.

Eh, whatever floats your boat, Comet.

I like to think of this as a similar upgrade to what the DSi was to the DS. I remember wanting a DSi too, but I never got one, sadly. So I won't miss out this time! I'm getting that New 3DS! (but seriously, NoA better give it a better name)

They won't. All names have been uniform for a while now, with the exception of the XL devices being LL in Japan due to how size is shown.

It's no different than the iPad being called "The New iPad". I speak of the Third and Fourth generation ones of course. iPad 2 and the iPad Air are exceptions.

I hear some people are annoyed that there's going to be exclusives for it but if the exclusives are exclusive because they're the size of Xenoblade then it's quite understandable. The fact that a game of that scale can be fit onto a handheld is quite impressive.

They won't. All names have been uniform for a while now, with the exception of the XL devices being LL in Japan due to how size is shown.

It's no different than the iPad being called "The New iPad". I speak of the Third and Fourth generation ones of course. iPad 2 and the iPad Air are exceptions.

Yeah, they probably won't, but there's a first time for everything, so I can still hope. lol

I hear some people are annoyed that there's going to be exclusives for it but if the exclusives are exclusive because they're the size of Xenoblade then it's quite understandable. The fact that a game of that scale can be fit onto a handheld is quite impressive.

The PSP Vita is a thing that exists.

So yes. It does fail to impress.

Edited by Refa

I would also like to know that

I don't get what you mean by everything, tho

Okay out of the leaks I've seen and the information we've gathered, the only thing that doesn't confuse me is Shulk, and that's only because we learned that Xenoblade's getitng a remake on the new 3DS. THIS is what I mean by everything else.

1. We now how six Mario reps. Six. And while I love Rosalina to pieces, she HAS only been featured in ONE mainstream Mario title (she was barely in SMG2 and the rest are party games, and as we've seen with Waluigi, party games don't guarantee you getting it). But now we already have the possibility of Boswer Jr, and honestly, I'm really thinking that might be pushing it.
  2. We've also seen the starting roster and that has me REALLY confused. Marth and Robin are both VERY technical characters (Marth with his sword tip gimmick and Robin... well, damn.) and yet Lucina, who got her own slot because she was simplifed to be a good character for beginners is unlockable. Those two aren't. You'd think you'd have to unlock the more complicated/rewarding characters to play as, wouldn't you?
  3. Why the hell is the dog playable.
  4. Where is Jigglypuff? I'm sorry, but Jigglypuff's been around since 64, it was part of the ORIGINAL roster, so why in the name of the goddess have we seen absolutely nothing about their inclusion? Like... what's going on?
  5. And the biggest point of contention for me is this: why are Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, and Lucina playable when they're bound to be clones with very little difference in their already present counterparts. It just... baffles me so much because we have SUCH GOOD MOVESETS for the newcomers we already have - look at Rosalina! Look at Little Mac! Look at Megaman! Look at Shulk, Shulk was JUST announced this morning and his moveset is FANTASTIC - there is an obvious difference between his style and the styles of the other swordsmen we have and I happily accept him with open arms. But why the actual hell do we have the other three right now.

Because clones are easy to make. And for whatever it's worth, Lucina has a different counter animation than Marth, so maybe "Luigification"?

• Where is Jigglypuff? I'm sorry, but Jigglypuff's been around since 64, it was part of the ORIGINAL roster, so why in the name of the goddess have we seen absolutely nothing about their inclusion? Like... what's going on?
  • And the biggest point of contention for me is this: why are Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, and Lucina playable when they're bound to be clones with very little difference in their already present counterparts. It just... baffles me so much because we have SUCH GOOD MOVESETS for the newcomers we already have - look at Rosalina! Look at Little Mac! Look at Megaman! Look at Shulk, Shulk was JUST announced this morning and his moveset is FANTASTIC - there is an obvious difference between his style and the styles of the other swordsmen we have and I happily accept him with open arms. But why the actual hell do we have the other three right now.
Jigglypuff is on the leaked roster.

Dark Pit, Dr. Mario, and Lucina are alt costume upgrades with slight changes.