SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Sees Dark Pit* That ain't Falco!

I'm watching Yushako play and I keep on going "WHY DIDN'T YOU DODGE!?

Edit: Alph has been formally revealed today from Sakurai as an alternate costume for Olimar.

Edited by Naui

Because it's annoying to see such effort put into some characters but not others. Why did Lucina get hair color changes while Marth didn't? Why did Mario get special costumes but Luigi didn't?

I personally don't mind too much but I see where the annoyance comes from. It would suck to be a person who really cares about having outfit choices and then see the characters you care about the most get a pittance compared to others.

It's not insignificant, and yes, they will matter to people who care. When a detail as small and unnoticeable as the mark of Naga is in Lucina's eye, other details being skimped out on becomes much more noticeable.

Just because it doesn't matter to you doesn't mean it won't matter to someone, or that it's reasonable to be ignored when more effort was clearly put into other areas of the game.

Not many people knowing about it should not be relevant. There should not be some hierarchy of "character importance" on the roster. If a character has their spot on the roster, they should be treated equally, whether they be Mario or Palutena or Sheik or Ike, because every character has their fans and Smash Bros. is a series about fanservice.

Well...they need to learn to work everyone equally so people would shut up. -.-

Game leaked?

juK7cQT.jpg

lol
This person can't resist spoiling everything now. XP

This one's actually not much of a spoiler, but tagging anyway

QeiHOvK.jpg

Technically a new image, but not new info (as far as these leaks are concerned):

uquWaVH.jpg

Excited

YES!

*Presses Order confirmation tracking number many times (Play-Asia)*

Yay! Ness! Not like I doubted his return though.

There is no way that Ness is ever going anywhere.

EARTHBOUND STAGE!!

FWHxcgX.png

Took this one from a stream myself:

It's the pink stage from the ESRB leak, Magicant.menfsXp.png

EDIT: Ninja'd.

Excited

That's Magicant. :D
From Mother 1.
z8YPl5.png
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.
8Czuer.png
See those twily houses. Uh huh. Uh Huh. I'm sorry for AHHHH, but I love the Mother/Earthbound series so much. ^_^

Fz6jSON.png

Here's the F-Zero stage.

Nice.

-----

Mother is getting in.

Take my money. :D

Edited by PuffPuff

Oh, he's wielding a staff? I wonder what his special moves are

The same as regular Pit's. He uses a Bow as well. It's a Silver one that shoots purple arrows.

The staff is his final smash though

The same as regular Pit's. He uses a Bow as well. It's a Silver one that shoots purple arrows.

The staff is his final smash though

so it's still the Upperdash Arm, Guardian Orbitars, Silver Bow arrow, and the power of flight?

so it's still the Upperdash Arm, Guardian Orbitars, Silver Bow arrow, and the power of flight?

It's some other kind of arm. I believe it's the Dynamo arm. His power of flight also has the Viridi colors. No idea on the orbitars though.

it'll be cool when we find out there's like, ten unlockable characters that we never saw on these streams

cause the streamers are too terrible to get to a point where they could actually challenge them

There was a lot of purple so maybe the End All Arm?

Definitely wasn't upperdash.

guess we'll have to wait for better streams or youtube uploads.

BTW, if D. Pit's wings glow Green, he's flying using Viridi's Power of Flight, if it's Purple, it's the Power of Flight he made from Pandora's power

So it seems like you only unlock characters if you fight on at least Intensity 2.0 or higher.

Yamahama just fought Duck Hunt. He's got a move where he summons some guy with a gun.

48Sgkdo.png

tumblr_nbq83kLBwq1rn8um6o1_400.gif

Wadda troll!

Edited by Doofina

[spoiler=lmao]rcwKGyf.png

apparently DHD has some sort of wicked spike, but it wasn't in that fight (that's the second; I missed the first)

The controls on the 3DS version will take some time to adjust. As I worry that the joystick/D-pad are easy to break. Have to jerk the joystick sometimes to do your combos. Just got done playing the demo. Another 20 runs of it before it ends. They have improved Link's regular hits than before. But...now that it is a relief that Fire Emblem, Xenoblade and Mother/Earthbound are getting the attention that they deserve, I no longer need to look at anymore spoilers. ^_^

Seen the spoilers up till now as I needed relief for Mother to be in.

Edited by PuffPuff