SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

1. Did you know that Wario can eat his own motorcycle?

2. Lucario's aura boosts all of his attacks, including his Up-B recovery.

3. There are 674 (or however many) trophies in the game. Isn't that amazing?!

4. .....

I'm expecting a lot of the "50 things you didn't know" to be rather mundane, already known or lame factoids.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4. .....

I'm expecting a lot of the "50 things you didn't know" to be rather mundane, already known or lame factoids.

probably something like this trailer. I don't expect much either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FIAM5V7jRE

Pff, I sure hope not. It wouldn't sound as good as the 3DS version if that's the case. And this game needs to help sell Wii Us and sell a lot of copies. It has to be better than what you guys are suggesting.

And if all goes well, we won't wind up with an avalanche of leaks for this game like we did the 3DS version.

4. .....

it doesn't boost down throw or back throw

it doesn't boost down throw or back throw

i forgot that it boosted throws tbh

*despite almost always using F-throws after I hit 50%+ instinctively

Edited by Sara.

Yeah, after awhile, you'll start getting repeats. xP It took me a few gos of Smash Run to finally get the only Ike custom move that I was missing. What DOES appear to be true is that you're more likely to get a custom for the character you're using than anyone else. With Ike, I got a lot of his moves, with Luigi, I got mostly his, and so on. My friend told me that using Miis got him a lot of their custom stuff. So yeah.

Sakurai showed us a pic of the boxing ring stage on the Wii U and you can see the characters' aliases on the screen in the background. lol Donkey Kong and Samus have theirs shown, so what do you think we'll see up there for everyone else? I feel several are obvious, such as:

Ike: Radiant Hero

Marth: Hero King (or Prince of Altea)

Zelda: Princess of Hyrule

Peach: Princess of the Mushroom Kingdom (if it fits)

Lucina: Princess of Ylisse

Link: Legendary Hero (TP Link was never actually given an official title, so...)

Toon Link: Hero of Winds

Ganondorf: King of Evil

But others aren't so obvious, imo. What would Mario and Luigi get, for example? I'd love it if Luigi's alias was "Ghost Hunter Extraordinaire" lol It'd be akin to Samus's "Bounty Hunter Extaordinair" too. And how about the rest of the cast?

Bowser's will probably be something like "King of the Koopas" and Robin's will most likely have something to do with being a tactician.

LESS THAN 10 MINUTES.

All aboard the hype train!

20140409084439.jpg

(ignoring the fact that this pic was from the April direct and 2015 is the wrong year, of course. :P)

Edited by Anacybele

I guess the Ridley thing is meant to be their compromise between fighter and boss but I don't feel satisfied at all.

...on the other hand MEWTWO IS BACK! DLC MEANS ICE CLIMBERS WILL PROBABLY BE HERE EVENTUALLY TOO!

OMG OMG OMG.

VICTORY IS NEAR IS BACK!! My FAVORITE POR SONG IS BACK YESSSS!! (well, other than the FE theme lol) WHICH MEANS ETERNAL BOND/IKE'S THEME HAS TO BE THERE TOO, WHY WOULDN'T IT?!!

Ike amiibo CONFIRMED. :D

Luigi's Mansion is BACK. :D (still would've preferred Treacherous Mansion from Dark Moon, but I'll take this over nothing any day!)

Mewtwo fans got what they want too, I'm honestly happy for them!

Dat Stage Builder, I LOVE how it looks. :O

Paint looks SO fun! I can't wait to draw Ike holding ribs and steak and do all sorts of other stuff with both it and the Photo Studio. XD

Edited by Anacybele

DLC MEANS ICE CLIMBERS WILL PROBABLY BE HERE EVENTUALLY TOO!

Don't get your hopes up just yet. Mewtwo is gonna be in both the 3DS and Wii U version. IC seems to only work in Wii U, so unless they gave 3DS a specific fighter too, I don't necessarily see it 100% yet.

Wonder if they're going to fill the other 3 empty slots on the character select.

Even better than Mewtwo being confirmed to return is the fact that the reveal means more characters can totally happen.

so many characters cut

all for them to come back

its so beautiful

Don't get your hopes up just yet. Mewtwo is gonna be in both the 3DS and Wii U version. IC seems to only work in Wii U, so unless they gave 3DS a specific fighter too, I don't necessarily see it 100% yet.

If anything there will be an Ice Climber and they'll retool their kit. I mean other than the recovery, everything can be used by one singular Ice Climber. Just make the Up B that pterodactyl thing and give their moves some buffs. Then again, the 3DS does have the Ice Climbers trophy so perhaps not.

That aside, Mewtwo's back! Maybe Roy next? Isaac as well?

Edited by Naui

Alright, Mewtwo's gonna come back to Smash (and not just as a 3DS trophy)!

I just hope that a single copy of the Wii U version is able to allow to get Mewtwo into multiple copies of the 3DS version. (I don't own a Wii U and currently have no plans to get it and the Wii U version of Smash in the near future).

Even better than Mewtwo being confirmed to return is the fact that the reveal means more characters can totally happen.

Jumping the gun. They've still gotta be on both systems.

8 player smash was the best reveal.

Fuck yeah Mewtwo! Wonder what this means for other DLC fighters.

All I know is I'll need to arrange a meetup with my cousin in the Spring. Hopefully I can connect my Wii U version to her 3DS version and we can both get Mewtwo.

Isaac is definitely a possibility since he was de-Assist Trophyized.

But of course, I'm hoping for Vaati as DLC now. And Dixie Kong. I think both their franchises deserve newcomers!