SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

How can it do 0.5% more damage if the display only shows integer numbers?

If a move does 7.5% damage, it'll do 7% on the first hit and 8% on the second.

This is the first game where, to my knowledge, some moves have decimals when fresh. I know Palutena's neutral air is another attack that has this property.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The respawn time for the Luma is longer in the Wii U version, so we assume that the next patch will end up making Rosalina play like she does in the Wii U version.

Sat there with speeds set to -.25%, twice.

Luma's respawn time is 12.5 seconds.

He's an anti hero more or less, and actually has character opposed to Dark Link or Dark Samus (Then again Dark Samus was just OMG SCARY FOE, kinda like SA-X).

At the least, Dark Samus has a lot of backstory and pirate log descriptions about her, but I guess it's hard to give character to a biological monstrosity.

Christ almighty discussion in here has gotten so boring.

@ the whole Dark Pit moveset discussion: Remember also that neither Ness nor Lucas actually use the abilities they use for their specials; I think it's fine to take the accuracy of the moveset with a grain of salt, I'm just looking for some variety in their properties, a la the Melee clones like Falco and Ganondorf. Their animations for most of their attacks were the same (as in this game), but the properties of most of their attacks were adjusted. That's just not the case with Dark Pit and Lucina; or rather, it's BARELY the case, to a degree that's laughable. I don't care if Dark Pit is canonically supposed to be a copy of Pit, if he's gonna be playable, let's have him be different ENOUGH, huh?

Funny thing is both Lucy and Mar Mar are spacing characters. Marth simply rewards you *way* more for spacing *competently*. If you rush down with Lucina because she lacks a tip you'll get rocked.

Have ordered SSB4 with an amiibo figure (random figure) for the 5th December.

Though I have to wait till I can play it, because I still need to get a Wii U.

250 - 300 € are too much for me at the moment. I hope for special offers for the Wii U in the Christmas trade.

After I've played Melee for a week, I have to say this game pisses me off a little bit.

The game speed is too fast for me and the awkward Gamecube controls make it even harder for me. I don't get a feeling with the Gamecube controller. The reason, why I only use the Nunchuk in Brawl.

Although I have beaten some classics on normal mode and 29 of 30 events (Event 28 against the Kirbys kicks my ass so far), I only have unocked Jigglypuff yet. I lost with Link against Ganondorf. I haven't unlocked one single stage yet.

I expected to unlock characters and stages must faster.

So I still have to wait till I can play as Marth and Roy :(

Have ordered SSB4 with an amiibo figure (random figure) for the 5th December.

Though I have to wait till I can play it, because I still need to get a Wii U.

250 - 300 € are too much for me at the moment. I hope for special offers for the Wii U in the Christmas trade.

After I've played Melee for a week, I have to say this game pisses me off a little bit.

The game speed is too fast for me and the awkward Gamecube controls make it even harder for me. I don't get a feeling with the Gamecube controller. The reason, why I only use the Nunchuk in Brawl.

Although I have beaten some classics on normal mode and 29 of 30 events (Event 28 against the Kirbys kicks my ass so far), I only have unocked Jigglypuff yet. I lost with Link against Ganondorf. I haven't unlocked one single stage yet.

I expected to unlock characters and stages must faster.

So I still have to wait till I can play as Marth and Roy :(

Easiest ways to unlock everyone

Marth play as all of the starting 14 characters in VS Mode once

Roy beat classic as Marth

Pichu event 37

Young Link 10 classic mode completes including Link and Zelda

Mewtwo 20 VS hours

Game & Watch do target test as every character

Luigi beat stage 1 in adventure mode in a time ending in 2 then beat him and peach in a minute.

Falco 100 man Melee

All can be unlocked via a certain amount of VS matches but more then brawl and 4 did.

The first four stages to unlock require 50 VS matches each spaced out from each other

One requires you to get the Birdo trophy

Another requires you to do 15 Minute Melee

Yet another requires a All Star Mode complete

Game &Watch classic complete gets his stage

FD is gotten by doing event 51

Home run contest get 1350 distance (easy with Yoshi, Fox, Dorf etc)

And the other is gotten by doing target test with literally everyone

Easiest ways to unlock everyone

Marth play as all of the starting 14 characters in VS Mode once

Roy beat classic as Marth

Pichu event 37

Young Link 10 classic mode completes including Link and Zelda

Mewtwo 20 VS hours

Game & Watch do target test as every character

Luigi beat stage 1 in adventure mode in a time ending in 2 then beat him and peach in a minute.

Falco 100 man Melee

All can be unlocked via a certain amount of VS matches but more then brawl and 4 did.

The first four stages to unlock require 50 VS matches each spaced out from each other

One requires you to get the Birdo trophy

Another requires you to do 15 Minute Melee

Yet another requires a All Star Mode complete

Game &Watch classic complete gets his stage

FD is gotten by doing event 51

Home run contest get 1350 distance (easy with Yoshi, Fox, Dorf etc)

And the other is gotten by doing target test with literally everyone

Thanks for that :)

Overall I'm terrible in this game. I cannot even beat 100-men-melee. The fast gameplay and the awkward controls of the Gamecube controller don't harmonize with my playstyle.

One of the reasons could be it's a "Gamestop" Gamecube controller (only bought it for FE9). It's clunky and really hard to use for me. I haven't an original GC controller so I don't know the differences in the handling.

I think it's a real fun game, if I just can master it.

Though SSB4 is my favourite, because the game speed is perfect. And the controls of the 3DS work very well, which I didn't expect to be honest!

SSBB is a little bit too slow, but probably the easiest for newcomers.

Edited by The Taninator

One of the reasons could be it's a "Gamestop" Gamecube controller (only bought it for FE9). It's clunky and really hard to use for me. I haven't an original GC controller so I don't know the differences in the handling.

There's your reason. The Original GCN Controller >>>>>>>>>> any GCN third party controller is night and day. There's a reason why so many competitive players still use the original GCN controller to this day for smash bros.

Edited by kingddd

Thanks for that :)

Overall I'm terrible in this game. I cannot even beat 100-men-melee. The fast gameplay and the awkward controls of the Gamecube controller don't harmonize with my playstyle.

I think it's a real fun game, if I just can master it.

Though SSB4 is my favourite, because the game speed is perfect. And the controls of the 3DS work very well, which I didn't expect to be honest!

SSBB is a little bit too slow, but probably the easiest for newcomers.

Like it has been said, the Gamestop GCN controller just doesn't compare to the real thing. Those offbrand white controllers have a weird click to them and the turbo mode can't be properly turned off and messes with the game really bad. It's probably a good chunk of the reason why you are finding the game so difficult. I would track down one of Nintendo's controller rereleases this holiday and try again with a controller that doesn't suck. Thankfully to unlock everything you don't really need to play the more difficult modes other than finishing all the event matches, as event 50 and 51 are pretty hard. You also have to clear 15 minute Smash to unlock a stage.

Honestly I think the hardest thing in Smash is the Boss rush mode in Brawl so far, though.

Like it has been said, the Gamestop GCN controller just doesn't compare to the real thing. Those offbrand white controllers have a weird click to them and the turbo mode can't be properly turned off and messes with the game really bad. It's probably a good chunk of the reason why you are finding the game so difficult. I would track down one of Nintendo's controller rereleases this holiday and try again with a controller that doesn't suck. Thankfully to unlock everything you don't really need to play the more difficult modes other than finishing all the event matches, as event 50 and 51 are pretty hard. You also have to clear 15 minute Smash to unlock a stage.

Honestly I think the hardest thing in Smash is the Boss rush mode in Brawl so far, though.

Like I already said, I bought the "Gamestop" GC controller just because of FE9. In this game the controller doesn't matter. At that moment I thought, it would be my only GC game, so I didn't care about the controller.

SSBM is only my third GC game after mentioned FE9 and borrowed F-Zero GX. F-Zero GX was in general a very hard game for me. I couldn't beat one certain mission in the story mode. However the controls weren't too bad actually in regular races, at least better than in SSBM.

I will buy a regular GC controller, because SSBM isn't enjoyable for me at the moment.

The hardest challenge in SSBB for me was to do a 0% solo against Tabuu in "Subspace Emissary" in intense mode. Only could do it with Peach so far and I highly doubt that I'll ever can do it again.

Boss battles in intense weren't that difficult to be honest. Only Porky gave me some trouble.

Fighting mastercore in SSB4 in difficulty 8.0 or higher gives me much more trouble. Especially the swords kick my ass so far. Have trouble to dogde the attacks. Only could beat it with Shulk without any continues thanks to his broken counter.

Edited by The Taninator

The gamecube controllers are easier to handle than wii controllers right ? (wanted to ask a random question :)

Definitely. I find the GCN controllers to be a lot easier to handle, though it can vary based on preference.

I'd say the GC controller is easier to use than the Wiimote and Nunchuck, but for some, the Classic Controller might be easier because it's smaller. People with small hands, like me, would just find it more fitting (kinda literally). :P

I'm going to try out the Wii U Pro controller whenever I pick it up though. Cause it looks neat.

Apparently, someone found evidence of Flatzone 1 being in the Wii U version:

RhuBlf5.png

Kind of indifferent to this stage but it confirms the potential for other stages that originated in Melee but weren't in Brawl (like Fourside or Great Bay, please).

Source is this video (which has now been awkwardly edited to remove the offending part. Listen to the suddenly audio and video cut around the 2:21 - 2:22 mark):

I hope TheJWittz doesn't get in trouble with Nintendo over this. He's a good source of Nintendo-related news for when you don't have time to watch a 45-minute direct.

Edited by ClevelandSteve