SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I'm sure there'll be something Smash Bros.-related at E3, as others have said most likely another character announcement. Maybe they'll throw us for a loop and say absolutely nothing about Lucas, Roy, or Ryu, and instead reveal Wolf and/or Snake as a DLC character :3

I laughed at this more than I had to

[spoiler=SBxSmash comic]812.png

HA! That made me laugh :3

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, lucky, Sara! Disney World or Disneyland? Either way, it's awesome! Though I haven't heard great things about the latter's resort accomodations. xP If you're going to Magic Kingdom, you MUST ride Big Thunder Mountain!

Anyway, going back on topic, I learned recently that there's a Smash tourney thing happening not far from me this weekend, and will even include Amiibo matches. I wish I could go... But I don't think nobody will take me.

World, in Florida :) I've gone...many times in my life, but it's a family thing that we all save up for (my halfsister and my mom and myself) so it's just a big deal for us~

you and your KATY lifestyle fine that's ezpz who doesn't have a facebook these days

/joined x2

Actually

I'm not in Central houston, so I'm not terribly impacted. However, the Lewis Creek Resevoir overflowing is like less than a mile from my house, and my daughter's Day-Care/Pre-K center was flooded this morning. While the Health Dept and DayCare staff are cleaning up the mess, she's with me here at work.

I've also been on Tornado Watch & Warning for three days O.O

Actually

I'm not in Central houston, so I'm not terribly impacted. However, the Lewis Creek Resevoir overflowing is like less than a mile from my house, and my daughter's Day-Care/Pre-K center was flooded this morning. While the Health Dept and DayCare staff are cleaning up the mess, she's with me here at work.

I've also been on Tornado Watch & Warning for three days O.O

Damn well stay safe. Hopefully your guys' tournaments are not affected.

Yeah, I hope the floods don't impact our gaming tournaments either.

Yeah I don't mean to get too off topic but wasn't that tourny in NJ (Apex? Evo?) put off by the snow that caved the roof in?

APEX i thought (which was like 20 miles from my birthtown)

And yea Knife is way closer to the onslaught that is Houstorrential Downpour than I am. I'm connected to Lake Conroe which is a pretty chunky lake that has been low for like 6 years, and is suddenly beyond it's expected capacity

Edited by Elieson

Yeah I don't mean to get too off topic but wasn't that tourny in NJ (Apex? Evo?) put off by the snow that caved the roof in?

That was Apex.

And I'm fine. I live in an upstairs apartment.

Well at least there won't be a drought. I wonder if this means the tourny will be a 7.5/10 because of too much water.

Thanks LordIGN42

I'd say a flood is worse than a drought. A drought can cause food and water shortages and such, yeah, but that's only if it lasts a really really long time. Floods destroy property, drown people and other animals, AND can cause food shortages quickly by destroying crops and shipment trucks.

Now, if you're in Europe though... Yeah, a drought is pretty damn dangerous and just as bad as a flood since they don't have air conditioning (they typically don't need it because it doesn't usually get hot up there). I should know, I lived up there in the summer of 2002 where a drought struck the continent for like the whole season. Almost NO rain and the temperatures went above 100 degrees Fahrenheit. People died because it got so hot and there was no air conditioning.

Anyway, going back on topic... Uh... Yeah, I can't think of anything Smash-related to say. xP

Edited by Anacybele

speaking as a californian here: droughts fucking suck; we're almost out of water, and it's a huge problem

on the subject of SSB4, there's a new resource site up with some cool articles

also, not quite SSB4, but:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hX2UvXeFD60

I'd say a flood is worse than a drought. A drought can cause food and water shortages and such, yeah, but that's only if it lasts a really really long time. Floods destroy property, drown people and other animals, AND can cause food shortages quickly by destroying crops and shipment trucks.

Now, if you're in Europe though... Yeah, a drought is pretty damn dangerous and just as bad as a flood since they don't have air conditioning (they typically don't need it because it doesn't usually get hot up there). I should know, I lived up there in the summer of 2002 where a drought struck the continent for like the whole season. Almost NO rain and the temperatures went above 100 degrees Fahrenheit. People died because it got so hot and there was no air conditioning.

Anyway, going back on topic... Uh... Yeah, I can't think of anything Smash-related to say. xP

Although a bit off topic, you are completely wrong about Europe not having airco. This is a statement backed up by your personal experience, which is al nice and dandy, but most deaths occurred outside because of heatstroke, not because of people inside not being able to cool their homes.

I am from the netherlands, have lived in quite a few other countries/have long term friends there that I visit for more than 20 years, and I think that is a pretty sufficient amount of experience to be able to say that even in the year 2002, the people of Europe had discovered this magical invention called an airconditioning machine. Basing your entire presumption on one summer of experience is absurd. So please, if making these comments, educate yourself before making these wild claims, otherwise you portray an entire continent as something it is not.

Also, I really hope you were generalising when you said that there was no airco, because if you meant that in the literal sense... It's not like europe is this place filled with neanderthals that only find out about these kind of products when the americans have already been selling them for 20 years already.

Europe is a diverse place. It'd depend on entirely where you are. I live in Ireland and while air conditioners are certainly something that exist, 9 out of 10 buildings you go into simply won't have them bbecause the weather very rarely gets hot enough to need them. Likewise I doubt you'd have much need for air conditioners far north in Scandinavia yet in Spain or the south of Italy they'd be almost a necessity.

I'm so rusty, not even downing a full can of WD-40 will bring me back.

Edit: Lol, you believed her, Ana? I'm curious why your mother would say that to you.

Edited by Raven

Well, my mom told me people in Europe didn't have air conditioning, so I figured I WAS educated. So excuse me.

Okay...this is gonna be one moment where I've actually thought about what I said before I said it, and it will still probably come out rude, but...

You shouldn't believe everything your parents say, because parents CAN be wrong (I know from experience from not only my Dad, my Mom, my stepmom, but from other folk's parents). I mean...do you realize just how badly a statement like that hurts your credibility? Like, say it out loud. It kind of sounds...ridiculous.

It's so easy to form an opinion on something based off of nothing, and pass it on to their own children as fact. Please tell your mother she is wrong, Ana, and that your online European friend Raven is enjoying the cool crispy AC in his room as he types this. It would be cruel to let her continue her life thinking Europeans don't have air conditioning.

If you/your mother have any other opinions/questions about Europe/Europeans you may want confirmed/corrected/answered, shoot me a PM and I'll be glad to help out and expand your European knowledge and/or dissipate your ignorance towards Europe/Europeans.

Uh. Okay, I probably should have mentioned that this was like twelve years ago when I was a little kid. I'm sure my mom has realized by now that she was wrong. I just didn't know she was until now. I've admitted my mistake, so can we please go back on topic?

Hah, that is an important piece of information.

But still, it'd be funny to bring it up and be like "hey mum, i still remember when you told me Europe has no AC, lol wtf were you smoking back then?"

It's been some ten years now, but I was in Europe during their hottest Summer in history (at the time) and my family was hit by the cold reality that many places don't carry much, if any, ice.

But back to Smash, and I have a hypothetical I want people's thoughts on.

We all know about the files for Roy and Ryu found in the game's data, correct? Imagine this: a year has passed and it is now almost June 2016. We have received multiple Smash characters, as well as some other stuff, as DLC, with more planned for future release, but none of any of that is Roy or Ryu (meaning not released or announced for release), despite the files still being in the game's code. What is your reaction?