SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

We all know about the files for Roy and Ryu found in the game's data, correct? Imagine this: a year has passed and it is now almost June 2016. We have received multiple Smash characters, as well as some other stuff, as DLC, with more planned for future release, but none of any of that is Roy or Ryu (meaning not released or announced for release), despite the files still being in the game's code. What is your reaction?

It was a nice thought.

I can live either way.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd just shrug and be okay with it. I mean, Ryu is cool, but I won't be upset. I don't really know a lot about him, so I can't call him a fav or anything. As for Roy, anyone here knows I don't want him included.

We all know about the files for Roy and Ryu found in the game's data, correct? Imagine this: a year has passed and it is now almost June 2016. We have received multiple Smash characters, as well as some other stuff, as DLC, with more planned for future release, but none of any of that is Roy or Ryu (meaning not released or announced for release), despite the files still being in the game's code. What is your reaction?

I wouldn't mind. I didn't want either of them specifically, so that's alright. What's AMAZING is that Lucas was confirmed!

I can't wait for the new character from the Smash Ballot, though.

But back to Smash, and I have a hypothetical I want people's thoughts on.

Eh. Wouldn't matter to me. I'm indifferent to both of them.

What if Roy got in, but he was a Marth clone with fire?

Edited by Tsunami922

I'd hardly mind, and depending on who we get as DLC instead of them, I'd likely actually prefer it over Ryu and Roy.

On a side note, for SSB4 Wii U I've defeated Classic 9.0 with 32 characters and got Classic Mode scores over 1,000,000 for each of them.

If you can guess which 32 characters in less than 3 guesses, I'll be insanely impressed.

Edited by Randoman

There are a lot of things other than Smash to focus on, so I'd probably forget.

But if/when I was reminded...

I'd be sad. Very sad.

I really want Roy back in.

But more importantly, for peace of mind, I NEED CLOSURE. This hypothetical has no closure on the matter...

I've been pretty adament about how hyped I'd be for Ryu to be in Smash. So yes I'd be diappointed. But I would be happy about getting several new fighters added to the game as DLC. I'm more happy that Nintendo is actually embracing the concept of additional content and by in large have been providing quality DLC that is worth what they charge in my opinion. I do wonder what this means for future iterations of Smash if there will be any. What will the base cast be? Will all these DLC fighters return as DLC or as part of the starting cast? If you look at Smash's history they've consistently been increasing the cast with few cuts and if we do get Roy back then that effectively leaves Wolf, PKMN Trainer, Pichu, and Ice Climbers as the only ones to have been "cut" (not counting Young Link since Toon Link is essentially the same mechanically with a different skin).

As I may have said earlier, I'd like to see Eliwood in Sm4sh DLC just to confuse the non-FE fans who wanted Roy.

"Who's this Eliwood character? And why does he look like Roy?"

If Roy and Ryu were to not even be hinted at by this time next year, I'd be a sad customer. They would have had my money with Roy DLC, but alas, no Roy, no money.

I still remain hopeful for the time being, though. I suppose I'd live, simply because I'd have no choice but to do so. I think there will be other DLC that could get me hard, though. But not Lucas. I never did care for him, so I'm indifferent towards his inclusion.

BTW, check out the next entry in the Smashified series.

I would love this so much.

The hype it would bring. They have a good chance at making it in to promote the Splatoon sales. :3

Bleh, no thanks.

What other characters has this Smashified series done, btw?

King K. Rool, Banjo-Kazooie, Shovel Knight, and a few others.

King K. Rool, Banjo-Kazooie, Shovel Knight, and a few others.

Man, why is it never a character I'm interested in? (Dixie Kong, Daisy, Vaati, to name a few) Unless those few others include one or more...

He's doing them on request, and he hasn't done a ton. If he goes long enough I could see Dixie Kong and Daisy showing up, but I doubt he'll ever end up doing Vaati.

Man, why is it never a character I'm interested in? (Dixie Kong, Daisy, Vaati, to name a few) Unless those few others include one or more...

No, they include Klonoa and Rayman (remember the Rayman DLC "leak"? It was what started the Smashfied series).

They also did one of Travis, but he's a fanmade character from a fanmade game (Mother 4) so it probably doesn't count.

I see. I don't know who Klonoa is, but I do like Rayman.

Red Fox: Yeah, I didn't mean that I expected Vaati, I was just saying.

No, they include Klonoa and Rayman (remember the Rayman DLC "leak"? It was what started the Smashfied series).

They also did one of Travis, but he's a fanmade character from a fanmade game (Mother 4) so it probably doesn't count.

Aww. i immediately assumed you meant Travis Touchdown.

I did manage to find two glitches that were found around in April and I don't see anyone seemed to have posted in this thread.

But, I did manage to find Toad glitch that someone call this as "Toad: Destroyer of the World!" and "Nabbit Glitch".

Toad: Destroyer of the World!:

I did see in this video that they manage to test out Ness and Princess Peach, but this guy hasn't figured out what happened to caused it the glitch and it can give a extreme KO.

But, I did checked out on someone else's video testing out the glitch after EWNetwork posted it and they manage to find to use the Franklin Badge and do a Smash attack and it can do a 212% KO. That really surprised the heck out of me seeing this happen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VoA6QY8BVo

But, they manage to test this out with Ness in both of the videos, but, I am not sure if they manage to test it with the other fighters? And they said that get the Franklin Badge and do the Toad Special Move when Ness released his Smash Attack.

Nabbit Glitch:

I did see in this video that some of the glitch only possibly activate during in the glowing before activating the Final Smash. And some of the fighters can get the opponents caught during in the glitch. That I was kinda surprised and also really laughed out about this also.

But, I am not totally too sure about these two glitches happen to fix in the recent patch for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U? But, did anyone might have check and see these Toad and Franklin Badge glitches were fixed or not in the recent patch?

Edited by King Marth 64

screen-8.jpg

All the different pallets he has are cool especially the Masked Man reference and the shirt with Boney on it.