SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.smashbros.com/us/dlc/index.html

Splatoon DLC confirmed.

Too bad it is only costumes. I wanted the actual characters as it is going to be rather odd to see them use ordinary gunfire instead of paint.

Lucas will be out on 6/14! <3

Edited by Lt_Matilda_Ajan

Any idea if there be much difference between Ness and Lucas gameplay-wise? Not sure if I will bother paying for him or not.

Any idea if there be much difference between Ness and Lucas gameplay-wise? Not sure if I will bother paying for him or not.

There's plenty. Like the only similarties between the two is their general weight class and physics, all of their attacks work completely different and the only moves they really share are B's and even those work completely different.

All their A's (barring the forward smash is different) all their throws are different (Lucas even has a tether).

There specials are different but Ness gets all Lucas' old specials via customs, so I really hope they do something more to make Lucas unique in that regard.

There specials are different but Ness gets all Lucas' old specials via customs, so I really hope they do something more to make Lucas unique in that regard.

Everything is different, the specials are honestly the closest the 2 get to each other at all.

Everything is different, the specials are honestly the closest the 2 get to each other at all.

I know that. But the difference between their specials have already been implemented as custom moves for Ness, so I hope they do something to make Lucas' specials more interesting.

after seeing the splatoon plaza, I for one cannot fucking wait for the miiverse stage

it'll be filled with nothing but THE DANKEST OF MEMES

VNlHFmEl.jpg

http://imgur.com/FWmSYTk,rVSlE4a,VNlHFmE,vpsc0iZ,mWWbmBw,7KcnYZg,kbnxydK#2

e: it also will be a battlefield type layout, which is always nice

Edited by Euklyd

On a side note, did anyone find it annoying that Lucas' PSI Magnet was literally better in every way over Ness' PSI Magnet? I mean, I thought they'd at least make Ness' heal more, but Lucas' PSI Magnet has a higher healing multiplier (Lucas heals 2.5x projectile damage, Ness heals 1.6x) despite it covering more range, Lucas' having faster start up and ending lag compared to Ness', him automatically flipping sides to whatever energy projectile is near (so it essentially covers all of what Ness' covers plus more), and Lucas being able to hurt people with his PSI Magnet. I mean, that's pretty messed up, especially considering Lucas' specials are cloned from Ness' and cloned specials are supposed to have pros and cons between the two, but Lucas' PSI Magnet literally has no cons over Ness'.

On a side note, did anyone find it annoying that Lucas' PSI Magnet was literally better in every way over Ness' PSI Magnet? I mean, I thought they'd at least make Ness' heal more, but Lucas' PSI Magnet has a higher healing multiplier (Lucas heals 2.5x projectile damage, Ness heals 1.6x) despite it covering more range, Lucas' having faster start up and ending lag compared to Ness', him automatically flipping sides to whatever energy projectile is near (so it essentially covers all of what Ness' covers plus more), and Lucas being able to hurt people with his PSI Magnet. I mean, that's pretty messed up, especially considering Lucas' specials are cloned from Ness' and cloned specials are supposed to have pros and cons between the two, but Lucas' PSI Magnet literally has no cons over Ness'.

Meanwhile Ness laughs at Lucas's much much much less effective PK Fire.

Meanwhile Ness laughs at Lucas's much much much less effective PK Fire.

Well, I suppose quite a lot of people would agree that Ness' PK Fire is better than Lucas'. Though Lucas' PK Fire does have its advantages over Ness' and its situations where Lucas' would be better than Ness' (such as sudden death KOs, the horizontal trajectory it has in the air compared to Ness' 45 degree downward angle, the big explosion hitbox Lucas' PK Fire has making it good for hitting multiple enemies close together with, etc.)

I suppose the PSI Magnet issue is a small nitpick for me, but one that bothers me quite a bit since there's literally no situation (however obscure) that Ness PSI Magnet would be better than Lucas. Except for maybe using Ness' PSI Magnet really small air push to edgeguard someone when there's no time for Ness to turn around to face the enemy (since Lucas could just use his PSI Magnet from the front to do damage and knockback).

I may concede on some points with Fire but I don't find Magnet that much of a boon. The move is incredibly situational.

Well, I suppose quite a lot of people would agree that Ness' PK Fire is better than Lucas'. Though Lucas' PK Fire does have its advantages over Ness' and its situations where Lucas' would be better than Ness' (such as sudden death KOs, the horizontal trajectory it has in the air compared to Ness' 45 degree downward angle, the big explosion hitbox Lucas' PK Fire has making it good for hitting multiple enemies close together with, etc.)

I suppose the PSI Magnet issue is a small nitpick for me, but one that bothers me quite a bit since there's literally no situation (however obscure) that Ness PSI Magnet would be better than Lucas. Except for maybe using Ness' PSI Magnet really small air push to edgeguard someone when there's no time for Ness to turn around to face the enemy (since Lucas could just use his PSI Magnet from the front to do damage and knockback).

They could possibly change Lucas's Magnet in some degree. E.g. If projectiles can hit Lucas clearly behind, can't turn around, etc. Basically I'm saying they nerf it if it sound that game changing. And I agree. It's very situational in match ups and opponents play style.

imo psi magnet isn't strong enough to warrant nerfs; buffing ness's psi magnet would be better imo

that being said I don't think it's important enough to balance around - and the differences are rather minor, the startup time & heal multiplier being the only important ones imo (and not that importamt)

ALSO @rando, ness' having a windbox rather than doing damage I feel is actually better than lucas' for edgeguarding, since it doesn't refresh recoveries; that might be an area to buff (better windbox)

since I don't think lucas' knockback is exactly some sort of shinespike

speaking of shines, make both of psi magnets jump-cancelable :V