SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Other stuff is more than likely going to be announced, such as the Miiverse stage (which is coming alongside Lucas for free) and maybe the tournament mode. Roy and Ryu could potentially be mentioned, too

Edited by DodgeDusk

But why announce anything new now when E3 is around the corner? This presentation seems entirely pointless to me. If it's new, it should be saved for E3, if it's stuff we already know, there's no point.

Edited by Anacybele

So other, more important stuff can get announced/explained in detail to us? Maybe Nintendo doesn't want to announce any Smash-related news at E3. It's similar to the mini-Direct we got a couple of days ago

Edited by DodgeDusk

Given how the game's already out, I see no reason for it to be part of E3. I mean, isn't E3 where they both announce and delve deeper into games that have yet to be released? Ergo, Sakurai would have to do his own separate thing for Smash.

Finally someone changed the title of this thread. It was due for a change for a while now. Can't wait to see what it'll be after the presentation.

Do you think we'll be getting more stages? How about the return of New Pork City? Any ideas for new stages?

Edited by Rabbattack

Given how the game's already out, I see no reason for it to be part of E3. I mean, isn't E3 where they both announce and delve deeper into games that have yet to be released? Ergo, Sakurai would have to do his own separate thing for Smash.

Yeah, for the most part, you're right, but remember at E3 last year, we got Amiibo and Mario Kart 8 was mentioned to be compatible with them despite already being out. So sometimes E3 does involve some already released titles.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, for the most part, you're right, but remember at E3 last year, we got Amiibo and Mario Kart 8 was mentioned to be compatible with them despite already being out. So sometimes E3 does involve some already released titles.

Indirectly, anyway. I'd say that's more coincidence, if anything. But i digress

But why announce anything new now when E3 is around the corner? This presentation seems entirely pointless to me. If it's new, it should be saved for E3, if it's stuff we already know, there's no point.

Sakurai works in mysterious ways. You should really know this by now.

Sakurai works in mysterious ways. You should really know this by now.

Remember that 2nd last character reveal in the 50 fact? Everyone is like duck hunt, duck hunt, duck hunt..........lol nope.avi.

in japan, it's apparently being packaged as "part" of E3

LmE9CxT.png
(you don't need to be able to read japanese, the image is enough - rough translation appears to be "Nintendo Nintendo HP We Released Information of E3 by 2015. This year Nintendo E3 related Information hashtag "#NintendoE3JP" and Will deliver.")

Remember that 2nd last character reveal in the 50 fact? Everyone is like duck hunt, duck hunt, duck hunt..........lol nope.avi.

That's why I said that Sakurai works in mysterious ways.

Yes, because Wii Fit Trainer was totally a predictable character to be included in Smash Brothers, wasn't she...

Edited by NinjaMonkey

(looks at the thread title)

...what have I done...?

@ June 14 Smash video: Well, I definitely can't complain about getting Smash news earlier than expected. I really wonder what characters and other DLC/updates they'll be announcing.

I know, same with Duck Hunt Dog and Greninja. :P

I wouldn't actually agree about Duck Hunt. The Duck Hunt Dog got a surprising amount of requests in Brawl and SSB4 (well, surprising for a character who's supposedly one of the most hated characters in gaming due to him laughing at your failures). I mean, there's plenty of SSB4 image mock-ups showing the Duck Hunt Dog as a newcomer with phrases like "Duck Hunt laughs into battle!!" and "Duck Hunt abuses the competition!!"

Even the fan-made game Super Smash Bros. Crusade put in the Duck Hunt Dog as a character (and this was 2 years ago):

Edited by Randoman

Duck Hunt really isn't a surprise after Game & Watch and R.O.B. They fit the bill perfectly.

Wii Fit Trainer was unexpected, but a really good choice in hindsight.

Greninja was just an ass-pull.

Duck Hunt really isn't a surprise after Game & Watch and R.O.B. They fit the bill perfectly.

Wii Fit Trainer was unexpected, but a really good choice in hindsight.

Greninja was just an ass-pull.

Yeah I guess they felt the need to fit in one of the latest generation of pokemon. But that leaves the question why there are no Gen 2-4 playables (Pichu notwithstanding). Personally I don't want anymore pokemon when there are other franchises that could get more reps like Starfox, Donkey Kong, and even F-zero or Metroid.

I'm really banking on Ryu getting announced at E3. If we get Roy instead I'll still be happy but Ryu man...

I don't see what was so unexpected about Greninja. Sure his game wasn't released when Smash 4 was still in production but it was still a given we'd see something from X and Y since it was already well underway. And Greninja was a good choice. Not one I personally was expecting, I thought they'd go with Hawlucha, but still not entirely unexpected.