SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

But for playing with Lucas for awhile, I've missed PK Thundering 2 way many more times than I ever would with Ness. Is this just me, or is someone else experiencing it?

I think it's because his is slower, which I dislike.

Nonetheless, I've been a Lucas main in Brawl too, so I'm used to it. I dislike the slowness compared to Ness, but I like the distance and properties (like going through multiple hits, not just one).

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember being quite good with Lucas back in Brawl, but I completely sucked when I tried using him today. Perhaps i've gotten too used to Ness. I did't remember many of Lucas' moves feeling as laggy as they feel now.

Roy on the other hand completely surpassed my expectations. I was glad he got in, but I feared he'd be a Marth clone again, but he actually plays and feels quite differently. I'm no expert on the competetive side, but I thought he was rather strong too.

And I did tested out with the Miiverse Stage and it was pretty cool and I got to see more Miiverse posts of Dark Pit, Robin, Mewtwo, Lucario, Lucina, and Luigi and I did see some pretty awesome Miiverse post of them (that I did like the female Robin chibi drawing and the Time to Tip the Scales for Robin and some of the Luigi's posts.)

And plus, I did see the trailer that Sakurai mentions that we can upload Replay videos to YouTube right now, but I have trouble with the since I did have the updated patch installed and I couldn't see the "Send it to YouTube" in the Replay section when I pressed it on Send and I have trouble finding where is the option to set it up to upload Replay videos for YouTube so that I wanted to add my YouTube account to Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and I tried to look at in to Options, Internet Options, and I couldn't find it, does anyone know where the players can set up the option to post the replay videos to Youtube?

EDIT: Never mind about the YouTube question, I misheard that for later.

And second, I haven't download the Bundle Collection 2 yet, but, I just have a question about the Ken and Inkling Girl trophy that Sakurai saids that they are added as a separate trophy and you can get them as a reward, but, is the Ken trophy can only appear if the player downloads Ryu and the Suzaku Castle stage data and the Inkling girl trophy can only appear if the player downloads the Inkling Costumes or the Squid Hat data for the 3DS and the Wii U version or is one of them are added to 1.0.8 patch or in the Automatic Updated Downloadable Content Data? (which it has the Miiverse Stage included in the data)

Edited by King Marth 64

And plus, I did see the trailer that Sakurai mentions that we can upload Replay videos to YouTube right now, but I have trouble with the since I did have the updated patch installed and I couldn't see the "Send it to YouTube" in the Replay section when I pressed it on Send and I have trouble finding where is the option to set it up to upload Replay videos for YouTube so that I wanted to add my YouTube account to Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and I tried to look at in to Options, Internet Options, and I couldn't find it, does anyone know where the players can set up the option to post the replay videos to Youtube?

Youtube feature is being added later.

I'm really liking Roy in this game, his reverse grip style is awesome with his sweetspot, he feels powerful, he can combo pretty nicely especially from Dthrow. Which so far i've found nearly 4 safe combo options from.

Blazer is an OK recovery, good attack.

Ryu is FUN, kinda weird to get used to all his inputs while acting like a Smash character.

Lucas is pretty awesome, Usmash I think has some super armor on the start up, PK freeze is actually decent speed and dthrow combos to nair and uair pretty easily Hoo Hah

Ryu feels super weird, as a dude who's never played Street Fighter. But I really like what's going on with him. Definitely want to try him out a lot.

Roy also feels really good. Don't like Lucas much though.

Miiverse stage in general is not available online play.

Why is it not available there though? Is it because it's the waiting room online now?

Edited by Anacybele

I'm feeling that too, sorta. Mainly with his Counter and maybe d-throw too. I mean, sure, Luigi has a bunch of d-throw combos too, but Roy's seem even better. I dunno...

But Miiverse posts like that can be deleted and flagged and stuff, right? And the Miiverse stage shows random posts, right? You can't choose which ones show up.

Edited by Anacybele

I'm not the one saying he's OP, but he's definitely good.

He's definitely the best of the FE characters based on first impressions.

I downloaded Roy a few hours ago and have been testing him out. He feels great, just similar enough to Marth so that I don't feel like I am working with a whole different play style, but different enough so that he doesn't feel like a clone either. I'll just need to practice a bit so I can get a better handle on his character, but so far I like him.