SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I heard people saying Marth's jab is better, but I'm wondering if anyone else has noticed significant changes to Marth or Samus?

I've only seen people talking about Marth's jab (which apparently combos into all sorts of stuff like tipper fsmashes like holy shit), nothing else.

Link has apparently had his grab game hella buffed.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only seen people talking about Marth's jab (which apparently combos into all sorts of stuff like tipper fsmashes like holy shit), nothing else.

I can vouch that the jabs on Marth are definitely more consistent. Usually when I hit the first one, I never get the 2nd hit.

Edited by kingddd

EXHhju.jpgpXR1kO.jpgVRzsNV.jpgaioj3Z.jpgzJdBdj.jpgRguRAp.jpgMZGzKO.jpglsDGZT.jpg6xPlGV.jpgh1Bkmm.jpg
SksCJ4.jpg3nWBfG.jpg
Thank you, Nintendo. :3
OspxnF.jpg
You have to get version 1.8 to get the new stuff. Save your replays now!
Ky540c.jpg
VMDXoA.jpg
Yay!
Another free download. :3
ZhXnOM.jpg
sT4dvB.jpg
jiPrAW.jpg
T6LzD0.jpg
What the bundles have.
epkVPM.jpgCWyG7Z.jpg
6ZFF5Z.jpgU9Kg6q.jpg
lB4rBZ.jpgBhcjt3.jpgChFklg.jpg6kSMQZ.jpg
tdtRF1.jpgxyqWV3.jpg
More content.
a3AlMy.jpg
Q6pLX2.jpg
:3
9ITpoP.jpg
wa8aGx.jpg
Why Roy?
He's not getting a new game. Better make him talk in Japanese then since we never got his game.
iSySYD.jpg
d7i97j.jpg
Yay!
2IwGY8.jpg
sNfWCh.jpg
6WS8MN.jpg
6ip1WB.jpg
XBcLB1.jpg
locroP.jpg
tQNT0R.jpg
Going Street Fighter, Mega Man X, Virtual Fighter and Tekken.
XQZWMh.jpg
:3
Will Get. :33
IlNKuJ.jpg
NSQXRo.jpg
MBHJlM.jpg
I41Bn1.jpg
MNQFc7.jpg
duJMcB.jpg
More content.

Out of all of this I'll have to see Roy on Youtube, because I'll be majorly disappointed and won't pay for if he's just a copy of Marth and Lucina. Out of all of this...Ryu and Lucas are getting in my games on the 1st next month. (Don't have the money. Last bit of it already went to the Splatoon game! Play it immediately. It's awesome!) Better put in Wolf since he was one of my mains. :/ I'll go crazy with hype if the Splatoon gang, K.Rool, Dixie Kong, Ice Climbers, and...or Wolf if any of them make it in. Just when we are done collecting Fire Emblem Amiibos, Roy is next now. Not for me since he is someone no one cares about. Wolf and K.Rool are ones that many of us are demanding. I hope that Wolf comes back. x.x

Nintendo worked on Ryu and Roy in secret telling us beforehand that we'd get only Lucas and the Splatoon costumes. That's it! Nintendo didn't delete the leaked videos of Ryu and Roy so that we still would be fooled into thinking that those reveals are fake. The only thing that the leakers didn't know is that we'd get them (Ryu/Roy) now instead of later. Cool though that we got the Melee stage Dreamland back. :3

Edited by Lt_Matilda_Ajan

Damage output wise, Roy feels almost like Ganon. He's just all sorts of faster now when it comes to dealing it. I'm so glad that Roy's sweetspots were extended from just the hilt in Melee to the lower half of the blade. (Sword trails even highlight this.) It's a shame that his Counter now reflects x1.35 damage compared to the x1.50 he had in Melee.

I already miss the meteor smash on Double-Edge Dance's 3rd upward hit. It was kinda fun landing it consecutively near the ledge in Melee.

Lucas just feels a whole lot better in Brawl. He can't do the thing where he uses PK Fire in the air after a double jump and instantly inputs PK Magnet to fly back. (I don't remember what it was called.)

freaking laugh out loud

...how? Can someone explain?

I guess it is a bit weird. Sure, the Shoryuken gives Ryu invincibility frames, so it should be able to counter just about anything that doesn't give the opponent power armor or invincibility frames as well, but if counter gives him time for such an input, shouldn't it be possible to simply shield a counter?

Edited by BrightBow

Damage output wise, Roy feels almost like Ganon. He's just all sorts of faster now when it comes to dealing it. I'm so glad that Roy's sweetspots were extended from just the hilt in Melee to the lower half of the blade. (Sword trails even highlight this.) It's a shame that his Counter now reflects x1.35 damage compared to the x1.50 he had in Melee.

I already miss the meteor smash on Double-Edge Dance's 3rd upward hit. It was kinda fun landing it consecutively near the ledge in Melee.

Lucas just feels a whole lot better in Brawl. He can't do the thing where he uses PK Fire in the air after a double jump and instantly inputs PK Magnet to fly back. (I don't remember what it was called.)

...how? Can someone explain?

Well...

It seems that he's functional differently than Marth and Lucina. Roy is only in the game because of the spin-off of him being in Fire Emblem IF from his amiibo. Hope that his special is different.

what

you're reversing cause and effect

Roy in Smash -> Roy Amiibo, not the other way around. Next you'll be saying Mewtwo is in Smash because they're planning to make a Mewtwo Amiibo..

Just when we are done collecting Fire Emblem Amiibos, Roy is next now. Not for me since he is someone no one cares about. Wolf and K.Rool are ones that many of us are demanding.

Uh, what? That isn't true at all. Roy has a pretty big following, a lot of people care about him.

gotta abuse those rekka no ken combos

*Rekt no ken

But wait, he uses the fuuin no tsurugi though.

And yes, I appreciate the pun. I wanted to double it.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I'm pretty sure it was Doofina's pun anyways

definitely not one of my own creation

Roy seems really good, definitely better than Marth/Lucina. Ike has also improved considerably thanks to the buffs he got. Ryu seems like he has potential, as does Lucas. It's a shame the patch didn't at least buff Mewtwo's weight.

Yeah, Ike feels great now! I kicked butt with him last night! Though, it was partly due to some of my opponents being Ryu players who are still trying to learn him, I admit. But yeah, I'm loving my hero more now, thank you, Sakurai. :3 I just wish Ike would get back that range his f-air had in Brawl! That was some sweet range, man.

I'm glad Luigi didn't actually get any nerfs after all. He's perfect, don't touch him! He's not too weak OR too broken.

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, Ike feels great now! I kicked butt with him last night! Though, it was partly due to some of my opponents being Ryu players who are still trying to learn him, I admit. But yeah, I'm loving my hero more now, thank you, Sakurai. :3 I just wish Ike would get back that range his f-air had in Brawl! That was some sweet range, man.

I'm glad Luigi didn't actually get any nerfs after all. He's perfect, don't touch him! He's not too weak OR too broken.

I think the range is fine considering it consistently hits above and below him now, it still has some great range anyhow. I'm enjoying the improvements to nair, ftilt and dash attack. Dash attack can actually work as a punishing and KO option now!

I think Luigi's dthrow should be nerfed honestly, it needs higher KBG. But I'd rather have Sheik nerfs above all else.

I think the range is fine considering it consistently hits above and below him now, it still has some great range anyhow. I'm enjoying the improvements to nair, ftilt and dash attack. Dash attack can actually work as a punishing and KO option now!

I think Luigi's dthrow should be nerfed honestly, it needs higher KBG. But I'd rather have Sheik nerfs above all else.

Yeah, I managed to KO two people at the same time with Ike's dash attack last night. :o Those two people being Tsunami and Lord Taco. :P

Luigi's d-throw is where many of his combos come from though, if you nerf it, he loses a lot of what makes him good. He'd probably drop to low mid tier.

I'd also rather have Sheik and ZSS nerfs myself.

Edited by Anacybele

you don't need to completely neuter it, but iirc it combos into downb at kill% (?), which is kind of stupid

Roy's Final Smash has me sold on him. They got his Binding Blade crit perfect, I think. I like how they had him knocking off Mario's Roy off the screen in the trailer, due to the amount of Roy/Roy jokes I've seen.

they nerfed C. Falcon without even accomplishing anything.

Really? C. Falcon feels totally unchanged for me.

If anything, Ness and Yoshi should have some nerf. There needs to be some change that discourages the use of PK Fire/PK Thunder/Egg Throw spam online.

I guess it is a bit weird. Sure, the Shoryuken gives Ryu invincibility frames, so it should be able to counter just about anything that doesn't give the opponent power armor or invincibility frames as well, but if counter gives him time for such an input, shouldn't it be possible to simply shield a counter?

Someone in the comments of that video mentioned how it works. Ryu's strong D-tilt can cancel into any grounded Special move on hit, hence the ability to Shoryuken before the counter hits. Edited by Kiseki

Hey, do you know what would be a good idea? Maybe characters should be buffed instead of nerfed! Then they can use their strong points to overcome other charcters' strengths and have more variety in ways that charcters can be played and in their actual movesets.

Luigi's down b can be escaped if you SDI it.

Edited by Comet

Hey, do you know what would be a good idea? Maybe characters should be buffed instead of nerfed! Then they can use their strong points to overcome other charcters' strengths and have more variety in ways that charcters can be played and in their actual movesets.

Yeah this is a good idea.

Even Sakurai knows it's a good idea!

Especially because most of the perceived low and bottom tiers have been buffed since 1.0.4.

Like 90% of the character changes discovered so far are buffs.

For reference, he's buffed Charizard, DK, Falco, Ike, Kirby, Little Mac, Link, Lucina, Marth, Meta Knight, Palutena, Shulk and Zelda since 1.0.4.

Edited by splart

Yeah this is a good idea.

Even Sakurai knows it's a good idea!

Especially because most of the perceived low and bottom tiers have been buffed since 1.0.4.

Like 90% of the character changes discovered so far are buffs.

Charizard has a Hoo Hah!

Ike has been buffed dramatically!

Just listing two there for ya.

I agree that there should be more buffs than nerfs overall, but sometimes a nerf is necessary when something is just so broken that it just can't be countered well.