SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Melee is still getting Poisoned?

at least it's not brawl or smash 4 (my obnoxious statement about games a certain someone likes)

by the way most PM players are ex-brawl players and not melee players who would want an easier life. and shame on people for playing a game where their characters are viable. (yes, i remember one of your other posts and your reasons for not liking were objectively wrong and almost completely stupid.)

Edited by Comet

What's wrong with Project Melee? I'm just curious, since your opinion is the only dissenting opinion I've heard toward it.

Well if there is one issue I have with it, its that the team feel Fox has to be top tier even if it costs other characters their viability, but other then that it's pretty ok.

I prefer 4 as a whole but thats just me

The one thing I really don't like about PM is over-Meleeified everything is. I get wanting similar mechanics to Melee, but things like re-cloning Falco, changing Marth's shield-breaker back to a slash from a stab...that kind of stuff is useless and just panders to Melee elitists. I'd much prefer it if they gave it Melee mechanics but otherwise left what makes it different.

the whole reason PM started was because somebody hated falco's brawl shine so much that the person decided to give him his melee shine back and then everything snowballed, just so you know.

fox got more landing lag

Edited by Comet

– Sakurai mentions that the 3DS “isn’t suited for successive downloads, and there are people who don’t have Wi-Fi in their homes and go to convenience stores to connect, so we made sure to put a lot of forethought into the process.”
– He’s amazed that Ryu is in Smash, and was excited to work on him
– Sakurai put a bunch of effort into the small details
– When putting Ryu in Smash, there are limits based on the number of buttons and the control scheme
– Composer Yoko Shimomura and illustrator AKIMAN each played a little bit of Ryu in Smash
– Shimomura exclaimed “Even I can do a Shoryuken!”
– AKIMAN was shocked, saying “are you sure it’s okay to make performing a Shoryuken so easy?”
– The thing that left an impression on Sakurai when making Roy was recording his lines
– Same actor from Melee (Fukuyama) was used
– Fukuyama remembered details from the recording session for Melee extremely well like the names for characters, and even the other actors
– Sakurai was happy about this since he’s an actor who’s done a ton of projects since Melee
– Lucas, Roy, and Ryu were made before the ballot was created
– Sakurai “had a grasp on their popularity and demand, though”
– “From now until the end, it is going to be fan service”
– Since Sakurai can’t keep the team together forever, there will only be several more characters
– Sakurai asks for fans’ patience in making more content
Edited by Jave

Thats pretty awesome overall. Glad to see how much time and effort Sakurai and co do for the fans.

Edited by Jedi

– Sakurai mentions that the 3DS “isn’t suited for successive downloads, and there are people who don’t have Wi-Fi in their homes and go to convenience stores to connect, so we made sure to put a lot of forethought into the process.”
– He’s amazed that Ryu is in Smash, and was excited to work on him
– Sakurai put a bunch of effort into the small details
– When putting Ryu in Smash, there are limits based on the number of buttons and the control scheme
– Composer Yoko Shimomura and illustrator AKIMAN each played a little bit of Ryu in Smash
– Shimomura exclaimed “Even I can do a Shoryuken!”
– AKIMAN was shocked, saying “are you sure it’s okay to make performing a Shoryuken so easy?”
– The thing that left an impression on Sakurai when making Roy was recording his lines
– Same actor from Melee (Fukuyama) was used
– Fukuyama remembered details from the recording session for Melee extremely well like the names for characters, and even the other actors
– Sakurai was happy about this since he’s an actor who’s done a ton of projects since Melee
– Lucas, Roy, and Ryu were made before the ballot was created
– Sakurai “had a grasp on their popularity and demand, though”
– “From now until the end, it is going to be fan service”
– Since Sakurai can’t keep the team together forever, there will only be several more characters
– Sakurai asks for fans’ patience in making more content

I could understand being considerate of wi-fi availability if this was 2005 but what place doesn't have wi-fi now in days and if the 3ds wasn't suited for successive downloads how come you can download full titles on to it with updates? And how come there is DLC out the ass for games like Awakening and Smash on it? So by forethought do they mean file sizes? As small as the downloads are for the new characters and stages the updates sure were big. I don't know if I totally agree with that first statement.

They did put a huge effort on Ryu that was telling just in his reveal trailer and its good to see him in along with Roy and Lucas. I'm suprised the ballot had no influence on them being put in though. Raises the question as to what DLC characters will be confirmed next since he said the rest is "fanservice" aka ballot results.

Edited by LordTaco42

I'm not interested in PM simply because I didn't like Melee itself much to begin with. Gameplay was too fast for me and the game modes were fairly uninteresting.

What's wrong with Project Melee? I'm just curious, since your opinion is the only dissenting opinion I've heard toward it.

Don't mind him. He's known for that.

If there's anything I don't like about PM, it's that they ruined Pit and tried too hard to declone Ganon. Seriously, you don't ever declone Smash!Ganon because it never works.

Roy and Mewtwo being in is literally the only redeeming quality of the mod for me, sadly enough.

Brawl is broken, Melee and Project M are too competitive and fast. This is why Smash 4 is the best imo, patches to fix broken things and it isn't too fast as to bring new players in.

Some things like Link and TLink's Advanced Techs shouldn't have been "fixed" however.

The patches have been hit and miss for me, I'm just glad the recent one gave us buffs for like Ike, Marth and Zard among others. (No nerfs to Sheik wtf.)

Edited by Jedi

Melee and Project M are too competitive and fast

Gameplay was too fast for me

... What? Geez, do people only enjoy Smash when it goes at a snail's pace these days? That sounds awful! Does it sound fun if it takes two minutes at best to wipe out a stock? And the match might even drag longer than that?

Anyway, Lucas's new taunt is amazing. It's even more powerful than the Wizard's Blade.

The one thing I really don't like about PM is over-Meleeified everything is. I get wanting similar mechanics to Melee, but things like re-cloning Falco, changing Marth's shield-breaker back to a slash from a stab...that kind of stuff is useless and just panders to Melee elitists. I'd much prefer it if they gave it Melee mechanics but otherwise left what makes it different.

Falco's shine kick is really effing useless, and can't be JC'd/active on frame 1. You really can't pillar with Brawl Falco, and there's plenty of differences with Falco and Fox.

Marth's old Shield Breaker, if you didn't notice, has a hitbox above it, unlike the new Shield Breaker. It also helps with edgeguarding, in that it hits things below the sword.

... What? Geez, do people only enjoy Smash when it goes at a snail's pace these days? That sounds awful! Does it sound fun if it takes two minutes at best to wipe out a stock? And the match might even drag longer than that?

I enjoy all the smash games, I enjoy 4 the most however, sometimes matches that last longer then a minute a a bit more interesting imo, bit more tense, instead of "Oh I blinked, can we see that again?"

... What? Geez, do people only enjoy Smash when it goes at a snail's pace these days? That sounds awful! Does it sound fun if it takes two minutes at best to wipe out a stock? And the match might even drag longer than that?Anyway, Lucas's new taunt is amazing. It's even more powerful than the Wizard's Blade.Falco's shine kick is really effing useless, and can't be JC'd/active on frame 1. You really can't pillar with Brawl Falco, and there's plenty of differences with Falco and Fox.Marth's old Shield Breaker, if you didn't notice, has a hitbox above it, unlike the new Shield Breaker. It also helps with edgeguarding, in that it hits things below the sword.

Snails pace is an exaggeration. By slowing it down and also keeping the competitive aspect, it can bring in more people. It's too fast for most gamers is what I should have said. Please don't feel so offended because some people play games for different reasons than you. I like to win, but I'm not going to waste time learning all these specific and complicated techniques for ONE game. I really hope that one day people will stop comparing every new Smash game to Melee. It's like genwunners and Pokemon.

Play how you want to play, but don't shun others because they don't play how you do.

Edited by Rabbattack

Don't mind him. He's known for that.

If there's anything I don't like about PM, it's that they ruined Pit and tried too hard to declone Ganon. Seriously, you don't ever declone Smash!Ganon because it never works.

Roy and Mewtwo being in is literally the only redeeming quality of the mod for me, sadly enough.

You know I don't think Ganon should even be considered a clone any more. Not only have they visually changed nearly all his ground attacks, the properties and play styles of the two characters are completely different. All you need to do is give Falcon his Smash 64 Forward Smash and Ganondorf a new Down Smash, move Warlock Blade and Dark Fists to his main specials and change his others so there more like attacks from his own series, and your done.

"Only several" sounds like an oxymoron...but okay, cool.

Falco's shine kick is really effing useless, and can't be JC'd/active on frame 1. You really can't pillar with Brawl Falco, and there's plenty of differences with Falco and Fox.

Marth's old Shield Breaker, if you didn't notice, has a hitbox above it, unlike the new Shield Breaker. It also helps with edgeguarding, in that it hits things below the sword.

So what? So they can't use Falco's new shine like they did in Melee? Deal with it. Surely they can find other uses for it. That's the damn point of it being a different game.

No one ever used Marth's shield breaker in Melee, anyway.

"Only several" sounds like an oxymoron...but okay, cool.

I commented on this in a few skype chats haha, I was laughing at how silly it sounded, but the info was cool.

You know I don't think Ganon should even be considered a clone any more. Not only have they visually changed nearly all his ground attacks, the properties and play styles of the two characters are completely different. All you need to do is give Falcon his Smash 64 Forward Smash and Ganondorf a new Down Smash, move Warlock Blade and Dark Fists to his main specials and change his others so there more like attacks from his own series, and your done.

I say we give Ganon a sword or two along with some magic ball projectiles like in Ocarina of Time.