SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I'm so confused. I saw the JP Beyonetta trailer. And she speaks English after they show her alternate costumes.

Does her alternate costume have English voices in the JP version!?

(Coming from a weeb, it's weird that I prefer an English voice set to a Japanese one)

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm so confused. I saw the JP Beyonetta trailer. And she speaks English after they show her alternate costumes.

Does her alternate costume have English voices in the JP version!?

(Coming from a weeb, it's weird that I prefer an English voice set to a Japanese one)

The original Bayonetta is all English voiced like Resident Evil 4. It wasn't until the sequel that it got a Japanese voice.

Edited by kingddd

Dixie was planned for Brawl too, so Sakurai has at least considered her. This guy likes to change is mind as well, so he could change is mind about having originally scrapped her.

From what I've heard, Dixie was originally going to fight alongside Diddy.

Diddy and Dixie would be similar to the Ice Climbers, but later, after Diddy became a his own fighter, she was to be a Diddy clone.

I can't be sure if this is true thought.

Dixie has no reason to be a clone. She has unique abilities, particularly with her ponytail. It lets her fly around by using it like a helicopter. Also, she doesn't have a tail, so any moves Diddy has that uses his tail can't transfer over to her.

Edited by Anacybele

From what I've heard, Dixie was originally going to fight alongside Diddy.

Diddy and Dixie would be similar to the Ice Climbers, but later, after Diddy became a his own fighter, she was to be a Diddy clone.

I can't be sure if this is true thought.

Close.

Dixie was originally going to fight alongside Diddy to mimic the team mechanic in the original DKC games. It would be kind of like Ice Climbers, but you'd be able to switch out one for the other as you wished, and they would have had mostly unique attacks from each other.

If Dixie were to just be a Diddy clone, I imagine she would have made it in.

I think I already mentioned it once in this thread, but antagonist > tritagonist. I do like Dixie, but she isn't quite as important as the series' main villain.

And please don't say that he doesn't deserve it because he didn't appear in the later games. By that logic, we should cut Sheik, since she didn't appear in a non-spinoff Zelda game since 1998 (K.Rool is actually more recent than her).

I think I already mentioned it once in this thread, but antagonist > tritagonist. I do like Dixie, but she isn't quite as important as the series' main villain.

And please don't say that he doesn't deserve it because he didn't appear in the later games. By that logic, we should cut Sheik, since she didn't appear in a non-spinoff Zelda game since 1998 (K.Rool is actually more recent than her).

I actually do think Sheik is extremely lucky to still be in the game.

I'm not here to argue importance or relevance. Just don't say K. Rool is the only missing DK character while Dixie is still around.

So people have been studying Corrins moves frames and stuff as seen in the trailer and came across something interesting.

giphy.gif

Corrin's Backthrow seems to turn him around, if this is how it works, it could have some nice follow ups depending on how his moveset works.

What can they do to make it better? Add Shovel Knight.

Can't agree more. Him or Simon would've made it for me, but I'm almost definitely certain that the latter will never come. I'm still counting on my symmetry theory to be right and there's gonna be one extra character, but I don't think it's likely.

I don't think that would have anything to do with enabling any followups unless it has suuuuuuper low knockback.

Like if it was little enough kb for you to get dtilt followups I think that's the only thing that it would enable; maaaaybe fair stuff?

I don't think that would have anything to do with enabling any followups unless it has suuuuuuper low knockback.

Like if it was little enough kb for you to get dtilt followups I think that's the only thing that it would enable; maaaaybe fair stuff?

I was thinking maybe at lower % you could bthrow into a tipper fsmash.

I was thinking maybe at lower % you could bthrow into a tipper fsmash.

yeah maybe but you can backward smash the same as forward smash

yeah maybe but you can backward smash the same as forward smash

Overthiiiiiinking it, it could set up a good dash attack chase, Corrin's Dash looks to be pretty good, although probably very bad on shield lol.

some specifics about turn

it takes a bit for you to actually get turned around, depending on chacter. if this is the same as melee, you can't jump until frame 10, though you can just dash to avoid this. you also can't do neutral special in turn.

So I was just discussing Corrin with Euk and I got an interesting idea from it. A possibility more than anything.

[5:51:34 AM] Jedi: also Euk you say Corrin has a bad recovery, yet they have multiple options to help it
[5:52:08 AM] Jedi: I'm fairly sure the side b can grab the wall
[5:52:19 AM] Jedi: bair can boost you forward
[5:53:50 AM] E:uklyd: I think it's completely unknown whether it'll be able to grab the wall
[5:53:54 AM] E:uklyd: if it can that's kinda bullshit
[5:54:03 AM] E:uklyd: since it'd basically be a wallcling at range
[5:54:08 AM] E:uklyd: melee-tier tethers
[5:54:18 AM] Jedi: I wouldn't rule it out yet
[5:54:28 AM] E:uklyd: yeah me neither
[5:54:36 AM] E:uklyd: I just don't think it's likely at all
[5:54:37 AM] Jedi: considering one of the options from being stuck in the ground is "jump"
[5:54:43 AM] E:uklyd: yes exactly
[5:54:54 AM] E:uklyd: that would be hella good on a recovery
[5:54:57 AM] E:uklyd: like stupid good
[5:55:09 AM] Jedi: Corrin would have like
[5:55:14 AM] Jedi: a techical 4 jumps
[5:55:19 AM] Jedi: because side b is a little hop
[5:55:45 AM] E:uklyd: bair isn't a jump
[5:55:51 AM] E:uklyd: like look at rob's bair
[5:55:52 AM] Jedi: Euk
[5:55:54 AM] E:uklyd: it gives a push but
[5:55:55 AM] Jedi: I meant
[5:56:06 AM] Jedi: double jump, Dragon Lunge, jump from dragon lunge