SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I agree. There's some luck somewhere is smash. "I SD'ed, I was unlucky." True, but prefer these people to stop making Johns. Not everything will go out as smoothly. There's no one to blame.

there are very few random elements in competitive play, so i have to disagree with you.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I managed to get a total of 8 Super Smash Bros. amiibos, but I managed to get my Ike amiibo's attack stats raised up maxed up to 200 during in training with all the new amiibos just one day.

KM64s%20Ike%20amiibo%20status%201-4-2016

And also, I did discovered in a YouTube video that there is a Controller Glitch that you can play all 8 fighters with one controller and I managed to make a Controller Glitch working, plus, I did tested out on controlling all of the 8 Clouds in Battle. But also, does anyone know what's with that black/purple thing suppose to be when all the characters attack at the same time when it canceled out?

Edited by King Marth 64

I'd join, but...I did bad in the last tournament x3

Alright, no biggie ^^.

Don't want people worrying about that but I can understand.

I managed to get a total of 8 Super Smash Bros. amiibos, but I managed to get my Ike amiibo's attack stats raised up maxed up to 200 during in training with all the new amiibos just one day.

KM64s%20Ike%20amiibo%20status%201-4-2016

And also, I did discovered in a YouTube video that there is a Controller Glitch that you can play all 8 fighters with one controller and I managed to make a Controller Glitch working, plus, I did tested out on controlling all of the 8 Clouds in Battle. But also, does anyone know what's with that black/purple thing suppose to be when all the characters attack at the same time when it canceled out?

I would concentrate on raising his Speed and Attack. 15 Speed is good! He needs it to recover better and the other two parameters can be covered with however you like. I gave mine this

x9mMTw.jpg

!

YNdhW5.jpg
They always settle for 120 without penalizing any of your stats! She's best to be stopped in the beginning since she starts of with 60% damage. Otherwise she's hard to stop without insta KO items!
0XCB3s.jpg
She's very frustrating to swat, but fun to battle her amiibo this way! :)
HI9zsu.jpg
Better give her the Wild West Outfit as a Gunner. It is the only way to get her a dress. :)
MKYRN1.jpg
Nurse Peach.
Having recovery to make it fun battling this amiibo!

Edited by Lin_Lee_Koo

Ayanami, I'll have to ask you again to put your images in spoilers. This isn't the first time you've posted here and not done so.

Ayanami, I'll have to ask you again to put your images in spoilers. This isn't the first time you've posted here and not done so.

Um...your mod modding.

But...I'll do it anyway. Your not mouthing off to anyone else here about it when they do the same.

Um...your mod modding.

But...I'll do it anyway. Your not mouthing off to anyone else here about it when they do the same.

Grammatical issues aside; It's not mod-modding; Shin's asking you to do something that is basically common courtesy. Your gigantic pictureposts take up a significant portion of the page and it's unkind of you to do so. One or Two, ok that shouldn't be an issue because it doesn't impact the entire page in a gigantic way. Any more than that, just spoiler it.

Furthermore; it's Shin's thread. If you want to post your pictures in your desired format in a thread of your own creation, go ahead and do so; then link them here. If people want to look at them, they'll click the links.

-----

Now when Jedi (We cool bruh) said he preferred 3-stocks. The wording sounds like from a 'Players' standpoint. But you're in a tournament, so whether it's 2-3 stocks, the 'Players' aim to just win.

You must factor from other standpoints too. 1st, the 'Audience'. A 2-stock is quicker and so the chances of getting bored is low and the entertainment is still high, all depending on matchups, play styles and etc, can even take up 5 minutes. Imagine 2 DHD's camping and spamming. No one wants that. Once that game is done, the next one starts with newer matchups and play styles. They only want to be entertained and 2-stocks keep them wanting more. 2nd, the 'Managers'. The people who drive, started, hosted, in control of the venue. They don't want it taking too long. So time is of the essence. So with 2-stock, they control the 'Players' length of battle and styles for their benefit. So with 2-stock the 'Audience' will want more, or won't get bored etc, so the 'Audience' will stay for their benefit.

A good 3-stock match and a good 2-stock match would, in theory, maintain audience interest, wouldn't it?

Edited by Elieson

In Jedi's tournament, I'm going to school people on Roy/Cloud/Mewtwo/Shulk. Possibly. I probably can't play Shulk if I want to win, as he's honestly not very good when I use him. I think I'm improving when I play Cloud though. I'd say he's my best character.

Um...your mod modding.

Mod-modding? That's not a phrase people use. Anyway, it's common curtacy to spoiler your post if it has a lot of images. No modding involved.

I'd join, but...I did bad in the last tournament x3

^^ sorry for that dissuading you, I just felt a nice fun smash tourney would be good for the forum. No pressure.

I'd join but Australian internet it is shit at doing anything

Ah a shame.

I'm also in the would join club but my internet just plain won't connect to anyone else's anymore.

Sorry to hear that man, is it just your net issue or what?

A good 3-stock match and a good 2-stock match would, in theory, maintain audience interest, wouldn't it?

I think its currently 3 stock is more preferred by the players and 2 stock is kinda popular in the viewership, but they are also voicing 3 stock wouldn't bug them more nowadays.

Not sure which will win out, 2 stock was also kinda Nintendo's idea for FG and we kinda rolled with it. Some Melee players advocated it as well so they could get Smash 4 over with sooner for their Melee games.

Edited by Jedi

Just saw this Corrin analysis; found it from the front page of Smashboards. It goes over a fair few things I haven't seen mentioned here (or seen entirely), and though it has it's moments of pure speculation (which are clearly noted), it's nonetheless rekindled some of my hype.

Special mention goes to confirmation that the dragon parts will change color along with the palette swaps, and that the f-smash has a hitbox while charging (when the Yatogami is held out in front of him).

Edited by The DanMan

Just saw this Corrin analysis; found it from the front page of Smashboards. It goes over a fair few things I haven't seen mentioned here (or seen entirely), and though it has it's moments of pure speculation (which are clearly noted), it's nonetheless rekindled some of my hype.

Special mention goes to confirmation that the dragon parts will change color along with the palette swaps, and that the f-smash has a hitbox while charging (when the Yatogami is held out in front of him).

I noticed the F-Smash but not the first

Also someone did a cool analysis of Mewtwo

Sorry to hear that man, is it just your net issue or what?

It's like a firewall issue that just stops my console connecting to any other. Apparently I can get it fixed if I ring up my service provider but there are several reasons I can't really do that.

It's like a firewall issue that just stops my console connecting to any other. Apparently I can get it fixed if I ring up my service provider but there are several reasons I can't really do that.

Aw, thats a shame :<

So... finally got Cloud.

Since a decent handful of you probably haven't seen it, here's the 3DS Classic Mode clear screen:

Photo_on_1_8_16_at_7_21_PM_2.jpg

Looks like they're meant to be the Turks, minus Reno. I got a laugh out of it.

Edited by The DanMan

Oh that really is neat.

Love the little nods in all the clear screens.

I think I just found my favorite clear screen of any character:

Photo_on_1_8_16_at_7_50_PM.jpg

Ever wanted to see Cloud in Mario Kart?

(The Shy Guy's blank wide-eyes have never been more appropriate) And yes, that's AC cloud in the corner, enviously glaring at his past self.

Is the "Congratulations" font the same on the Wii U version?

Edited by The DanMan

I just noticed that AC Cloud has what appears to be a sheath made out of belts.

...Guess '05 was the peak of Nomura's belt fetish.

Not sure whether AC Cloud or Sol Badguy is the fighting game character with the most belts now.

If I have one big complaint, it's that Cloud's palette swaps are pretty lacking. You've got default > AC > Dark Blue > Dark Blue AC > Dark Green > Dark Green AC > Dark Brown > Geostigma AC. They're just not very colorful.

As for my impressions of the character, his smashes are a bit on the slow side, and his aerials have a fair amount of endlag. Crosh Slash is a bit situational, while blade beam is exactly how I expected it.

I'm surprised; he actually feels fairly balanced. The limit break gives him more powerful moves, but if you're losing you're going to need that to make up for your Aether-level recovery (and without quick draw for a horizontal alternative). Outside of dash attack > up air at low percents, he doesn't seem to have much in the way of combos said the scrub-level casual.

Edited by The DanMan

He doesn't have that many combos, but he can juggle pretty well, he just flows really well and I love how he plays overall.

I do appreciate some of his alts, the Aerith ribbon ones and the Black original Soldier look most (That was Zack's). They could have made them more colorful though I agree.