Weird glitch that shows armed character unarmed when attacked? (EDIT: Never mind...)

Asrialys

I never really used Frederick except to marry him off to Panne, so I don't know if this issue was because of him or just coincidence. This is the first time I've seen this.

When I was fighting random Risen on the map, Frederick would not attack his attackers. It would show that he was unarmed when he had a Steel Lance equipped (and three other weapons). This happened throughout the battle and happened again when I tried him on one other map. This happened on the maps Warriors' Tomb and The Demon's Ingle. Of course, his attackers were not using ranged attacks.

At the time, he was a level 1 Great Knight armed with a Steel Lance, Silver Sword, Javelin, and Hand Axe. His skills are Paragon, Defender, Aegis, Pavise, and Luna. This issue happened whether he was alone or had support.

When I tried a third and fourth time on two other maps, he destroyed his attackers just fine. I don't think level was part of the issue since I think it was occuring when he was level 2.

Edited by Asrialys

This is a really dumb question, but I'm just checking, you didn't unequip his weapons did you? Unlike previous games, the weapon stays unequipped even if its in the units inventory at the top. So even if a unit has useable weapons in their inventory they won't use them.

I'm just double checking. I really don't have any idea other that that. :C

Edited by L95

This is a really dumb question, but I'm just checking, you didn't unequip his weapons did you? Unlike previous games, the weapon stays unequipped even if its in the units inventory at the top. So even if a unit has useable weapons in their inventory they won't use them.

I'm just double checking. I really don't have any idea other that that. :C

I've never experienced that. And I've never had to "Equip" a useable weapon on any character in Awakening. Regardless, I never noticed if the weapon was marked as equipped or not. If this is true, does it remain so even if I used Frederick to successfully attack during my turn?

lol How do you even unequip a weapon?

Edited by Asrialys

The unit can still attack on the player phase, as you select a weapon before attacking so it auto equips(but you also have to take all their weapons away if you don't want them countering on the enemy phase). You are constantly equipping different weapons :E

It's when you unequip it and end the units turn without picking a weapon that they don't attack on the enemy phase. It's so they can meatshield without trading away all their weapons.

You unequip a weapon by going to a units inventory and selecting the item. Click on 'remove' and the little E icon(which signifies the currently equipped weapon) by the weapon icon disappears, meaning the weapon will not be used.

Though you said Fred attacked on your turn so that shouldn't be happening unless you traded off all his weapons. (which I don't think you did)

Oh, just out of curiosity, what region is your game?

Edited by L95

lol Yeah, just found out about that Remove command just before posting this message. Never even bothered with it. Maybe I accidentally used it on Frederick without noticing? I'll try again now and see if it auto-equips or not when I do the attacking.

Edited by Asrialys

lol Yeah, just found out about that Remove command just before posting this message. Never even bothered with it. Maybe I accidentally used it on Frederick without noticing? I'll try again now and see if it auto-equips or not when I do the attacking.

It certainly wouldn't be anything new. I often unequip weapons (particularly on Lunatic) so that I can correctly feed experience to the right characters (i.e. unequip to prevent a Dual Strike) and then forget to re-equip. After losing units over it I've been very wary of looking out for unequiped characters, often looking over inventory numerous times before starting battles or in battles to make sure.

Whatever. Maybe I'm just crazy. Maybe I never really attacked when I said I did. Just now my weapon became equipped when I attacked after I had it unequipped.

*sigh* Never mind...

Oh, and mine's the North American version, L95.

Edited by Asrialys