Snike

• Replies 800
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd go for Kumaneko for a vigshot. Bob and England are at least attempting to contribute.

We're also tied for votes atm between the two wagons, so we need either Mint Slice to come back and tiebreak, or someone on one of the wagons to switch to the other.

I'm voting for both Orion and Darth on those votals, Paper.

SR- I was kind of feeling that maybe I should switch to Darth even before the claim, and the claim just sealed it, because a mafia about to get lynched isn't going to claim something that most people consider a throwaway role. They want to claim some sort of PR that'll either cause people to unvote them, or failing that, draw out a CC from a strong PR.

Also, as for not being sure what Javert's posted lately, it's because he hasn't posted in around 30ish hours.

This logic is bad because valuable claims like Cop and Doc need crumbing to be effective, and other roles aren't as believable or are arbitrary and increase risk of a cc.

Not really? There are very few times I've seen a Cop or Doc claim get completely ignored unless there's either no time at all or a CC. As for other claims, drawing out a CC of any role is still better than just claiming Vanilla when most people don't even factor it into account.

I'm not saying that Orion is suddenly town, but it's enough to push him below Darth.

My apologies if this ends up being a misvig. Orgininally I was planning on vigging Darth because I thought we had another day in the phase to use associative reads but apparently I was wrong. Totally vigging Kuma though.

So this started.

SOZ IM ON IT. Although this last page has had so many Walls of text that I haven't read anything really on page 5.

I saw orions post about the miller and bought it as him joking around or a reaction test type thing and I really didn't like how fast his wagon seemed to be building up. Also your posts have not been of anything except for like all joke votes and what looks like a serious vote on Orion.

##Vote: Supremeruler

I'll read page 5 in a bit.

It's time to gallop, Trombe!

Not really? There are very few times I've seen a Cop or Doc claim get completely ignored unless there's either no time at all or a CC. As for other claims, drawing out a CC of any role is still better than just claiming Vanilla when most people don't even factor it into account.

I'm not saying that Orion is suddenly town, but it's enough to push him below Darth.

No good Doc or Cop would CC on D1, they'd just push the lynch harder and ignore the claim.

shut up jugger flak was way cooler

As you were discussing who to lynch, a giant mecha crashed through the roof, crushing Kumaneko.

Kumaneko has been slain!

Dear Kumaneko,

You are Shelly de Killer. You are the third in a line of the de Killer assassin clan in the Ace Attorney video game series. You always leave a calling card with a seashell on it at the scene of a job, to confirm to your employers that it was your work.

You have no special abilities.

You are allied with the Ballroom Bunch. You win if all threats are eliminated.

With 13 players alive, you now need only 7 to lynch.

Phase continues.

meh, he wasn't doing anything anyways

And that tell of someone suddenly pushing the lynch harder right after the claim is enough for the mafia to be able to tell that they're the actual Cop/Doc, since most other people will be at least slightly wary of lynching that type of role

also I believe that puts both Orion and Darth at L-1.

I'm around in case we need help hammering, but Orion is still the superior lynch. I agree with Jugger that Orion could have easily survived the day at the point he claimed, so the vanilla claim doesn't sway me.

England's player identity doesn't matter, at all. Being Shin doesn't absolve a player of doing scummy things even if Shin tends to flail early in the game. The recent post is better but it's frustrating it took England that long to expand on his thoughts.

I was going to say that Javert might also be a good shot as I can't really remember him doing much today other than talking about his Orion vote but then the vig went off, weak. I'm not sure if they make sense as scumbuddies anyway.

Speaking of the vig, Kumaneko's flip doesn't endear me to England or Bob. Would prefer to lynch England since Bob's vote looks more like an actual push but Jugger's summary of the Bob case is pretty solid. I'll look into this more tomorrow.

Also reading this cut as a scum reaction to a townie's death.

Specifically: ChanServ wants Kumaneko vigged the most. Kumaneko dies, flips town. "oh well he wasn't doing anything, don't blame me!"

I haven't had any other problems with ChanServ, but that really rubs me the wrong way.

And that tell of someone suddenly pushing the lynch harder right after the claim is enough for the mafia to be able to tell that they're the actual Cop/Doc, since most other people will be at least slightly wary of lynching that type of role

also I believe that puts both Orion and Darth at L-1.

Well at deadline everyone is generally pushing lynches.

Anyways, claim should have no value on your vote, especially one like Vanilla where they come a dime a dozen, and they can't be proved beyond the player's word.

Yeah and also I'd much rather lynch the guy who's been scummy all day and claimed Vanilla at the most convenient time to claim Vanilla than the scrubtown read who hasn't had a chance to claim.

I did want him to die, because he was scummy and wasn't doing anything. You can blame me for the misvig if you want; I don't see how me saying "he wasn't doing anything" is an attempt to push off the blame. Scum getting vigged would obviously have been preferable, but I'm not going to care much about him dying when he was being completely useless.

Jugger- that attitude is exactly why scum don't claim Vanilla unless it's massclaim time and they look townie.

Jugger- that attitude is exactly why scum don't claim Vanilla unless it's massclaim time and they look townie.

And this attitude is why I'd claim Vanilla as scum being pushed early into D1 with a chance of squeezing out of the lynch. It's very easy to argue this either way and lynching the player who can't claim and is likely just a bad townie is suboptimal right now.

Early into D1? He claimed with less than 7 hours left in the phase.

The point about scum not knowing that vanillas exist is probably untrue though. I asked Paperblade if vanillas existed earlier and he confirmed it to me.

Relatively early. Vanilla's only a bad claim a few hours away from deadline when people just want to get a lynch. When Orion claimed, he and DV were close in votals and it was still possible for the wagons to be swung.

We're running out of time.