• Great
    • Good
  2. 2. Ok, now seriously, you thimk my proposition is

• Good
    • Not bad
    • Bad
    • FE8 don't need balanced classes

Hello!

So today I want to present you my proposition of balancing classes in FE8. Let's start!

1.Assassin

OK, Assassins vs Swordmasters is easy choice, because all stats of Swordmasters is better, much better. Silencer also has too low activation chance. I think add they +10% crit and +10% activation chance will make they OK. Also all bosses without final should have normal activation chance.

2.Valkyrie/Mage Knight

Everything what they need is +1 to max. MAG.
3.Great Knight

+1 MOV, -1 STR, -1 max. STR, -2 max. DEF and maybe E rank AXE.

4.Hero

Surprised? Heroes(compare to the warriors) is great on NC, because +2 SPD on promotion, but comes to CC(when you probably would have enough money for some Speedwings) they aren't great. Warriors and Rangers is better, but if we add +1 max. STR only Warrior would be better.

5.Sniper

Probably the worst promoted class in this game. They have +1 max. STR, some more SKL, DEF, but Nemi don't max it. +2 max STR and maybe more SKL and DEF on promotion make they competitors to Rangers. +15% crit also will fine, but with +1 max. STR.

6.Wyvern Lord

+2 max. SPD.

Also Generals need balance but I completely don't know how to balance they.

If you want people to use Assassins (ie Josh I guess), make Lethality fully workable on bosses.

If you want people to use Valks/MKs... okay, people training Lute or Vanessa will do that without any changes. I guess FE6/7-type mobility equal to Paladins would make them more desirable, and Lute vs. Artur wouldn't be so obviously straightforward in favour of the latter.

Duessel is fine as a GK, and people like to use Gilliam in drafts. An extra point of move never hurts of course.

Gerik makes a highly competent Hero, and drafters enjoy Garcia (useless outside of drafts after the earlygame). Ranger having 1 extra move would make this a more desirable option but Hand Axes are Hand Axes nevertheless.

Innes is a good Sniper - Neimi can't be helped.

WLs should get axe rank and more strength/defence as an alternative to WKs who get speed and Pierce (which doesn't matter a whole lot outside of drafts where getting a high-levelled WK Vanessa is not that unlikely and I believe actually desirable for turn count). I don't understand why you'd want to make the two classes practically identical.

I feel like changing caps won't affect much of how they play during the main game, which is where we should be concerned.

Edited by Doga