FE4 - Giving characters different weapons on appearance

Verdant Shade

Well, I've done most of what I wanted with Nightmare in regards to changing classes. There is one. . . slight difference which irks me in this respect.

Nightmare does not have an option to give my Great Arch (class) a, well, Great Arch (weapon). Or any of the Ballistea weapons, for that matter. They can still use bows just fine. . . but that (almost) defeats the point of why I made these characters Arches instead of Archers.

I tried finding action replay and game genie codes to see if I could give any of the characters items and then just sell and buy it in the pawn shop, but that didn't work out either, I'm afraid.

Yes, I know this is a minor question compared to people needing help with their impressive hacks, but I'm afraid I've hit a wall.

Ballistae weapons are treated as bows, so anyone with a bow rank can use them. That's what you're asking, right?

Ballistae weapons are treated as bows, so anyone with a bow rank can use them. That's what you're asking, right?

No, I'm afraid. I mean I can't actually get a ballistea other than from shops, and I'd rather the character start with one.

When I go into nightmare and look at the list of weapons for a character to start with, there are bows and other weapons among them, but not actual Ballistea - that is Long Arch, Iron Arch, Killer Arch, Great Arch. They aren't among the items a unit can start with while in nightmare.

I mean, I suppose a mobile ballistea with a bow is basically an armored archer. . .

Weapons in FE4 are a little different to weapons in other FE games. In particular, you choose a 'slot' in the weapon list for a character to start with, but you need to go into that slot list itself and change the weapon in it from, say, an Iron Bow to a Ballista.

Assuming you have the same set of modules I have, you want to go into the Player Weapon Editor. The numbers correspond to specific slots, e.g. Sigurd starts with the items in slots 0x07 and 0x2D which are a Steel Sword and Iron Lance by default. So e.g. Go into the Player Weapon Editor, open up 0x2D-2E, change that Iron Lance to whatever you want, and it'll be Sigurd's second weapon.

Weapons in FE4 are a little different to weapons in other FE games. In particular, you choose a 'slot' in the weapon list for a character to start with, but you need to go into that slot list itself and change the weapon in it from, say, an Iron Bow to a Ballista.

Assuming you have the same set of modules I have, you want to go into the Player Weapon Editor. The numbers correspond to specific slots, e.g. Sigurd starts with the items in slots 0x07 and 0x2D which are a Steel Sword and Iron Lance by default. So e.g. Go into the Player Weapon Editor, open up 0x2D-2E, change that Iron Lance to whatever you want, and it'll be Sigurd's second weapon.

This worked perfectly. Thank you.

Though I guess I should have anticipated the part about the actual ballistea weapon restricting movement whether or not it is equipped.

Edited by Verdant Shade