NFL 2013-2014 Season!

Anacybele

NFL+Logo+08.png

Hey guys! Your local SF NFL host and Steeler fan, Anacybele, is back for the upcoming new season of NFL football!

The preseason starts in a little less than a month, and before then, we can talk about the changes/developments our favorite teams have gone through to prepare for the new season. Such as the new rookie players, the older guys that changed teams, etc.

In my case, I'm disappointed that Harrison left the Steelers. Sure, he's a bit old, but he was ace and is famous for his 100 yard TD return in Super Bowl 43! I'm especially disappointed because he went to the damn Bengals of all teams. Better than the Ravens, sure, but it's still ANOTHER AFC North team. >.> Traitor. lol Wallace also left, much to my disappointment. This guy could get TD after TD with his insane speed, he just needs to get his act together. But I'm not TOO unhappy about this cause he went to the Dolphins, my second favorite team, and they could use a speed demon like him.

And speaking of the Dolphins, they got a cool new logo. I'm not sure if I like it more than the old one, but it's still sweet. :D

Going back to the Steelers, it sucks that Harrison and Wallace are gone, but at least Polamalu will be around for at least a few more years. ^^ I only pray that he can actually play in a bunch of games this time. He might not be able to do his famous Superman Tackle much anymore since he's a bit old and the chance of it injuring him has probably increased, but he's got plenty of other tricks.

I also pray that the Steelers don't end up with a fuckton of injuries in general again. >.> I'm also glad Woodley is sticking around despite being old as well. He's gotten more sacks than anyone else I've seen on the team (I'm mainly looking at that triple deal he did on Brady the one season, which was in addition to several other sacks he got in the same season).

The Steelers did drop some old guys and get a bunch of newbies though, of course. Tomlin needs to really shape them up and have the team practice hard so we don't have a crap season again. Seriously, the only good things about last time were beating the Giants and then schooling the Ravens IN Baltimore WITHOUT Ben. xP And speaking of Big Ben, let's try to keep him healthy when the playoffs roll around this time, aye? Also, the Steelers so should have picked up Tebow. He's good and I'd feel much more comfortable with having him step in for Ben if Ben got hurt rather than Batch. xP Though Batch is gone too, actually. He's retired now. Leftwich doesn't appear to be on the team anymore either. The Steelers got all new backup QBs, I think.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steelers are only going to wind up second in the north. Hate to say it but, the defense isn't what it has been the last four or five years. Big Ben hasn't done so well health wise. The bengals have solidified their offense with a powerful pass game and solid running backs. Add a pretty good defense and the rest of the north doesn't stand a chance.

On to the dolphins. My god I hate what their doing. I'm a pats fan so adding a kickass pass rusher and a scorcher add wideout against our secondary is gonna suck.

That's because the defense was getting old. Several of them have been replaced with young fresh guys. As for Ben, blame it on all the sacks that the offensive line let happen to him. He wouldn't have gotten hurt if the opponent players hadn't been given the chance to tackle him. Tomlin and the Steeler fanbase know that a bad season like last year's is unacceptable, so things are likely going to change.

The Steeler fanbase is serious about their star team consistently being ace. In fact, last season was the first time the Steelers had missed the playoffs since 09. You'd better believe the fanbase demands that they highly shape up.

My two favorite teams got rid of my favorite players from each team (Rams, Jackson; Niners, Smith). However, each got pretty good drafts from what I've read, and man am I excited to see these teams play! The new Rams O-line should serve Bradford quite well, who I think would have been recognized as one of the best QB's in the NFL by now if it weren't for the shitty O-line.

It's odd that both of my favorite teams are in the same division, but for me it's always an easy decision: I want the Rams to win, ultimately.

Edited by Phoenix Wright

That's because the defense was getting old. Several of them have been replaced with young fresh guys. As for Ben, blame it on all the sacks that the offensive line let happen to him. He wouldn't have gotten hurt if the opponent players hadn't been given the chance to tackle him. Tomlin and the Steeler fanbase know that a bad season like last year's is unacceptable, so things are likely going to change.

The Steeler fanbase is serious about their star team consistently being ace. In fact, last season was the first time the Steelers had missed the playoffs since 09. You'd better believe the fanbase demands that they highly shape up.

But there was absolutely no progress towards fixing the o-line. Last year was supposed to be a huge fix up. This year had the best o-line and d-line in the draft. I still don't think they fixed it. The browns did much better I think they split the series with the Steellers. The bengals will split and they take both games from the ravens. And who do they have at running back. They lost a high quality receiver and I can't say the run game can carry the offense.

My two favorite teams got rid of my favorite players from each team (Rams, Jackson; Niners, Smith). However, each got pretty good drafts from what I've read, and man am I excited to see these teams play! The new Rams O-line should serve Bradford quite well, who I think would have been recognized as one of the best QB's in the NFL by now if it weren't for the shitty O-line.

It's odd that both of my favorite teams are in the same division, but for me it's always an easy decision: I want the Rams to win, ultimately.

O Lordy the NFC west. That's gonna be the best division in football this year. The Seahawks are getting better. I didn't see a huge improvement from the niners but the certainly didnt go backwards. The rams are going to be a tough team. With Jackson they might've taken the six seed from the Vikings. But I don't see it now.

But there was absolutely no progress towards fixing the o-line. Last year was supposed to be a huge fix up. This year had the best o-line and d-line in the draft. I still don't think they fixed it. The browns did much better I think they split the series with the Steellers. The bengals will split and they take both games from the ravens. And who do they have at running back. They lost a high quality receiver and I can't say the run game can carry the offense.

That's true, but I still think they showed some potential. And rookies don't automatically make a team go from mediocre to Super Bowl-winning. Not to mention DeCastro got himself hurt in the damn PRESEASON, and he was supposed to go far. I expect a better season for the Steelers this year, but not necessarily another trip to the Super Bowl or even AFC Championship.

As for Wallace, he was losing his touch and he stalled for awhile. As much as I hate to admit it, he didn't seem like he was fitting in anymore and stupid Todd Haley wasn't letting him and Ben do as many big pass plays as before. Just...fuck Haley. I hate him and wish the team would drop him forever.

Also, if the Steelers lose a good player, they try to make damn sure they get a worthy replacement. Trust me. I've seen great stuff from some of the rookies they've gotten in the past few years.

Edited by Anacybele

get out Steelers bandwagon fan, you're from North Carolina

ah the NFL, gotta wait two more months for it to start (preseason doesn't count)

can the SEC's national title streak be stopped, news at 11

I'm going to start watching football again this season, I haven't watched it in years. I'm kind of excited.

I'm just kidding

you going to UNC right now or something? (what's your favorite college team)

No, I haven't gone to school in over a year. College didn't work out for me. And I don't have a favorite college team since I never had any reason to watch college football. But if I did pick a team, it'd probably be the Pittsburgh Panthers, of course. lol

Teams RARELY win two Super Bowls in a row though. ;P

Although, the Steelers are the only team that did so twice in five years. Hehe.

wait what...

stuff way back then doesn't count (also that's technically over six seasons)

Edited by shadykid

Super Bowls 9, 10, 13, and 14. Okay, twice in six years, my bad, but my point still stands. lol

Edited by Anacybele

Super Bowls 9, 10, 13, and 14. Okay, twice in six years, my bad, but my point still stands. lol

your post was also poorly worded, at first I thought you meant winning two Super Bowls in a 5-year span recently :XD:

Oh, lol my bad again. XD

They did get to three more fairly recently though. And they came SO close to winning 45. ;_;

that reminds me, every Super Bowl since the first Patriots-Giants one has been close (down to the last possession), except for that one Saints win

Edited by shadykid

Lions fan reporting in.

Liking the free agents we picked up. Bush will replace Best's role in the offense, which means the passing attack will be even more deadly since Stafford loves his check down throws. Running game should improve but I wouldn't count too much on Bush to be a consistent 100 yard a game rusher. Just hope he doesn't have injury problems during his stay here. Glover Quin was a steal from the Texans; finally a good cover safety to pair up with Delmas (who hopefully doesn't get injured this year either). Jason Jones and Idonije were great pickups to shore up some depth for the DLine, and they'll get some sacks with Suh and Fairley crowding up the middle. As for the draft, it was potentially pretty solid with Ansah, Slay, and Warford all having a lot of potential. Biggest problem for the Lions this year will be the OLine (as usual). Hopefully the young guys will step up and take care of the tackle positions and protect Stafford. Burleson and Broyles are gonna need to have big years as well to take some pressure off Calvin Johnson. I don't expect the Lions to make the playoffs this year (trying to stay realistic), but I think we'll win at least 6 games this year.

Oh hey there, Helios! I thought I'd eventually see you here. :3

Yeah,the Steelers' o-line is still their biggest problem too. It's always been, actually, but DeCastro better actually be able to play in the main season this time, damn it. That guy looked like a potential beast! I've also seen the o-line in general actually make near-perfect blocks and give Ben all the time in the world to pass the ball once in awhile. If they can just work out whatever it is that's keeping them from doing this more often than not, we'd have a much better o-line. >.>

Edited by Anacybele

O Lordy the NFC west. That's gonna be the best division in football this year. The Seahawks are getting better. I didn't see a huge improvement from the niners but the certainly didnt go backwards. The rams are going to be a tough team. With Jackson they might've taken the six seed from the Vikings. But I don't see it now.

Fuck the Seahawks and 49ers, thats too mainstream. Rams and Cardinals have a very legitimate shot at playoffs this year too. I'm especially excited for the Cardinals, because they just got Carson Palmer to accompany some of their good offensive weapons, and a very solid defense to top it all off. Hopefully they can resemble the 4-0 start they had. NFC West is the only division where I feel that all four teams will be tightly contesting playoff contention and playing very very good games.

Pretty excited this year. Coming off a Ravens SB win, and super excited for the Steelers on Thanksgiving.

:rawkfist:

I'm excited for Ravens 2013. Full year with Caldwell and a younger defense that won't limp into the playoffs like we sorta did last year.

Lions fan reporting in.

Liking the free agents we picked up. Bush will replace Best's role in the offense, which means the passing attack will be even more deadly since Stafford loves his check down throws. Running game should improve but I wouldn't count too much on Bush to be a consistent 100 yard a game rusher. Just hope he doesn't have injury problems during his stay here. Glover Quin was a steal from the Texans; finally a good cover safety to pair up with Delmas (who hopefully doesn't get injured this year either). Jason Jones and Idonije were great pickups to shore up some depth for the DLine, and they'll get some sacks with Suh and Fairley crowding up the middle. As for the draft, it was potentially pretty solid with Ansah, Slay, and Warford all having a lot of potential. Biggest problem for the Lions this year will be the OLine (as usual). Hopefully the young guys will step up and take care of the tackle positions and protect Stafford. Burleson and Broyles are gonna need to have big years as well to take some pressure off Calvin Johnson. I don't expect the Lions to make the playoffs this year (trying to stay realistic), but I think we'll win at least 6 games this year.

Fuck I can't wait, Packers will only go so far with that Defense and I'm not sure what the Bears or Vikings are doing. Lions will also benefit from an easier schedule, but I'm excited to watch them actually not rely on Stafford dropping back to pass every single fuckin play

Next year's tier list;

Obviously will do well;

Denver

New England (do not bring up ANY of that offseason receiver shit. Brady has done about as well with faaaaaaar less)

San Francisco

Seattle

Baltimore

Atlanta

New Orleans

Green Bay

Will do pretty well:

Cincinati

Pittsburgh

Houston

Indianapolis

Washington

Dallas

Philadelphia

Will do okay at least:

Detroit

Arizona

St. Louis

Kansas City

Giants (... I think there's a better word than okay, because... well...)

Carolina

Tampa Bay

Chicago

Minnesota

Miami

Slumps:

Jets

San Diego

Rebuild mode;

Buffalo

Tennessee

Jacksonville

Cleveland

Oakland

Edited by Lord Raven

I think I actually mostly agree with you, Lord Raven. The Ravens will do pretty alright like always, but it's not likely they'll get any further than maybe one playoff game. As I said before, teams rarely go to the Super Bowl two years in a row.

By the way guys, I made up some NFL jokes for y'all! :D

1. What do you get when you cross the Steelers with ketchup?

Heinz Ward

2. What do you get when you cross the NFL with a big cup of noodles?

The Souper Bowl

3. How many NFL players does it take to screw in a light bulb?

Two. One quarterback to pass the bulb and one wide receiver to catch it and screw it in.

And here's one for Helios. What do the Lions do when they get ripped off?

They Suh the bastard that did it.

I'm making myself crack up. XD

Edited by Anacybele

As I said before, teams rarely go to the Super Bowl two years in a row.
Rarely I guess this decade, but it's happened at least 8 times that teams have gone to the Super Bowl twice in a row. In fact, one time it was four times in a row.

:awesome: