Have you ever got cocky when you were winning?

IceBrand

I guess playing Mario Kart ever since the first installment on the SNES was all a lie. All a lie. A huge lie because something exaggerated has not happened to me yet.

Unless every Mario Kart before Double Dash!! never exsisted.

ITS ALL LIES

That Mario Kart scenario has happened to me many, many times. But for me it's more like...OMGOODNESS I'M IN 5TH PLACE THIS IS THE BEST I'VE EVER DONE WILL I ACTUALLY GET SOMETHING BETTER THAN 10TH THIS TIME, I-...oh. I'm back in 12th place now. Anyway...

The most extreme case that I witnessed was actually in junior high, in our Girls Varsity Tennis team. On game day, after I finished my match, I was cooling off watching the 3rd doubles team play and they were losing 0 to 7. One more game and the other side would've won. Guess that team got cocky, because by some crazy occurence, the 3rd doubles team pulled back ahead to win 8 to 7. Longest match ever, but everyone was completely stunned.

​Mario Kart is the worst to be cocky at. One minute you're in first and ahead by a great distance. The next minute a blue shell wipes you off and you finish in dead last.

unless you're playing mario kart 64, you have no excuse. there's always a warning that it's coming, and they show up on the map. if you're in first, you have to watch out for them so that when you get hit, you can recover quickly instead of getting hit after a jump and falling off the course. you can even slow down so the runner-up catches up to you and also gets hit by the explosion. a blue shell should never take you very far back in the runnings unless you do absolutely nothing to prepare for it.

That Mario Kart scenario has happened to me many, many times. But for me it's more like...OMGOODNESS I'M IN 5TH PLACE THIS IS THE BEST I'VE EVER DONE WILL I ACTUALLY GET SOMETHING BETTER THAN 10TH THIS TIME, I-...oh. I'm back in 12th place now. Anyway...

lolol. USE THE BOOST TO GET THROUGH!!

/me is shot