Thoughts on these pairings.

ZemZem

Started yet another FE13 file, and I'm currently on Chapter 10. The difficulty is Hard/Classic (as usual), and I'd like to hear people's thoughts on a few pairings I haven't tried before. Some of them I have tried, but it can't hurt to get a few thoughts on some new ones (the ones that are new are bolded):

Vincent (the name of my Avatar)/Cynthia: You don't know me well enough if you're wondering why I'm pairing myself with Cynthia. :P

Chrom/Sumia: I've already done this before, but this is the first time I reclassed Chrom to a cavalier and stuck him with Sumia. They work really well together, and Lucina and Cynthia's stats will definitely benefit. Cynthia can also get Bowbreaker since Chrom passes down the archer class tree down to her, which is really nice considering I don't have the Iote's Shield DLC yet. Chrom always passes down Aether, so yay, and Sumia will pass down Galeforce.

Stahl/Lissa: I haven't done this pairing before, but I think it'd be a nice one. Stahl gives Owain the cavalier class tree, which is really nice, and the archer class tree, which...he won't need. Also, although Owain won't be as speedy, he'd definitely hit harder and have more durability. I'll have Stahl give Owain Luna, which will make him not need to reclass to a great knight (thank God). Lissa's passing down Galeforce. Yeah. Time to spam those Rescue staves. >_>

Lon'qu/Maribelle: I've done this before, but I really like what it does for Brady. It makes him speedier than other variations, and he'd have higher magic, as well. Astra, Vantage, Swordbreaker, Deliverer, etc. are some nice skills Lon'qu provides to make use of, and I think Brady benefits quite well. Maribelle will pass down Galeforce. Hooray for Rescue grinding.

Virion/Panne: Haven't done this before, but I think it'd make a pretty rad Yarne. I'm planning on having Virion pass down Bowbreaker, Panne pass down Deliverer, and then when I recruit Yarne, he'll instapromote to wyvern rider. Sounds like a viable plan, and Yarne will definitely surpass his mother in terms of combat.

Donnel/Tharja: Yet another pairing I haven't done before. The class set Noire gets from Donnel are pretty rad: she can get Armsthrift from the mercenary, and Galeforce from the Dark Flier class. Donnel's obviously going to pass down Aptitude to make Noire's stats insane, and Tharja, like always, will pass down Luna. This will be quite the amazing Noire.

Henry/Cordelia: Again, another pairing I haven't used. I plan on having Henry be mainly combat-oriented instead of magic-oriented, so I'm going to reclass him to barbarian. Unfortunately, aside from Axefaire, Berserker isn't my favorite class in terms of skills, so I'll most likely have Warrior!Henry pass down Counter, or something, to Severa. She'll make some alright use of it, and she can always get some other skills from the class set Henry passes down, such as Lucky Seven, Movement+1, and some others.

Thoughts?

Stahl/Lissa's okay. Tempted to say that it's kind of a waste because of Myrmidon overlap, but the mods are alright so if you don't need him anywhere else I'd say go for it.

Virion/Panne is also decent for Wyvern access and the fact that Yarne can make good use out of the Archer tree. Bowbreaker's nice for flying, and Bowfaire's good for being a Warrior with.

Henry/Cordelia is kind of eh, though. She already has Dark Mage and Thief/Troubadour isn't the best combination for her to inherit unless she's being a support bot or something. Even then, there's other parents that let her do it better. Vaike is basically Henry except better because the mods are stronger (1 more speed and 2 more strength are nothing to sneeze at) and she trades Troubadour for Knight to run stuff like Luna/Dual Guard/Pavise along with what she already has.

The main reason why I'm trying Henry/Cordelia is because a friend told me I should try it out, and filling out more supports in the log wouldn't hurt too much. Vaike/Cordelia is definitely superior, I know, and Vaike generally passes down the same classes to her bar Troubadour/Valkyrie/War Cleric in turn for Knight/Great knight/General. I'm probably going to try Vaike/Cordelia again, but we'll see.

Ah, I see. Fair enough. I'd probably pass down Axefaire instead, though. Severa could use that pretty well as a Hero.

And physical Henry is actually really good. Barbarian fixes up his speed and he'll get Gamble to stack with Hex/Anathema to crit more. Trying this on my current run, probably not going to look back.

Axefaire wouldn't be too bad. She'd make more use of it than she would for Counter, that's for sure.

I find Henry to make a better barbarian than Gregor or Vaike. Or I might just be lucky.