Content from playable character deaths.

The Void

Classic mode by itself already plays a different mindset than casual though. There is no punishment for mistakes in casual, just losing a bit of EXP because that unit isn't usable for the rest of the battle (which usually doesn't matter). In classic, losing that unit means:A) Keep moving on if it's a unit you don't care about, or weren't planning to train.B) You move on with the loss. C) Resetting, and starting over the chapter again. The mindset the player has in the modes is different, much like playing more aggressively on easier difficulties, while playing patiently on the higher ones.

Also, in this mode, I would propose that only killer weapons have crit rates, or remove them altogether. Losing a character because of a crit would just be ugh.

Edited by 1% critted

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fail to see the point of an iron man mode. It is literally is classic mode were you can't reset. Anyone who is going to reset for any circumstance won't use it and anyone who plays without ever resetting will probably not care since they'd just do what they've always done if it didn't exist. And if something stupid like a 1% crit or getting hit by 6 straight 20%s happens, that was not a flaw in your plan, it was you being unlucky. You should not have to deal with the consequences of being unlucky in a video game.

Also, why is Mia the main example character? There are characters more likely to die in FE games, an FE games have a shit ton of characters. That I like to keep alive.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed

I would love to see an Ironman mode in Fire emblem. I would not see the Sun for months if Fire emblem had Ironman mode in it. XCOM was praised for its Ironman mode even though people had their soldiers die from 1 percent flank criticals in full cover.

i would be fine with an ironman mode as long as it wasn't required for anything (this includes any endings/etc that are gained from losing characters)

Edited by CT075

I fail to see the point of an iron man mode. It is literally is classic mode were you can't reset. Anyone who is going to reset for any circumstance won't use it and anyone who plays without ever resetting will probably not care since they'd just do what they've always done if it didn't exist. And if something stupid like a 1% crit or getting hit by 6 straight 20%s happens, that was not a flaw in your plan, it was you being unlucky. You should not have to deal with the consequences of being unlucky in a video game.

The game would be set up to minimize the random critblicks and whatnot (and if you go into battles not knowing that a certain unit has a killer/effective weapon, it's your own fault if your unit dies because of it). That way, you can't just throw out units willy-nilly with just the thought that you can reset if your magnificent gambit fails. As for why it should be ironman rather than just classic, feel free to read my previous posts which I explain multiple times as to why it should be.

Also, why is Mia the main example character? There are characters more likely to die in FE games, an FE games have a shit ton of characters. That I like to keep alive.

We all know that Mia is the most beloved character of all time. Well, a certain someone does.

Edited by Constable Reggie

The game would be set up to minimize the random critblicks and whatnot (and if you go into battles not knowing that a certain unit has a killer/effective weapon, it's your own fault if your unit dies because of it). That way, you can't just throw out units willy-nilly with just the thought that you can reset if your magnificent gambit fails. As for why it should be ironman rather than just classic, feel free to read my previous posts which I explain multiple times as to why it should be.

We all know that Mia is the most beloved character of all time. Well, a certain someone does.

Sorry, I don't have all that time. Can I just get a couple of bullet points?

And really? There are characters I like a lot better, even just within Tellius (I.E Keiran)

I'd personally love to see an Iron Man Mode. Sure I could just do a causality run in any of the existing games but the temptation to reset would be huge and when it comes down to it my will is weak in the area of letting fictional characters die. Removing the temptation entirely would provide a completely different experience and one I am eager to try out.

And classic mode is casual mode where you can't units after they die. Anyone who wants to use units after they die won't use it and anyone who plays without using units who died once will probably not care since they'll just do what they've always done if it didn't exist. And if something stupid like a 1% crit or getting hit by 6 straight 20%s happens, that was not a flaw in your plan, it was you being unlucky. You should not have to deal with the consequences of being unlucky in a video game.

There's nothing that Classic Mode does that couldn't be replicated in Casual Mode by just refusing to use characters after they've died once. But that doesn't mean that Classic Mode is unnecessary, does it? Please, tell me why Ironman Mode is unnecessary, but Classic Mode isn't, and please don't say "because we've always done it that way".

Edited by Anouleth

And classic mode is casual mode where you can't units after they die. Anyone who wants to use units after they die won't use it and anyone who plays without using units who died once will probably not care since they'll just do what they've always done if it didn't exist. And if something stupid like a 1% crit or getting hit by 6 straight 20%s happens, that was not a flaw in your plan, it was you being unlucky. You should not have to deal with the consequences of being unlucky in a video game.There's nothing that Classic Mode does that couldn't be replicated in Casual Mode by just refusing to use characters after they've died once. But that doesn't mean that Classic Mode is unnecessary, does it? Please, tell me why Ironman Mode is unnecessary, but Classic Mode isn't, and please don't say "because we've always done it that way".

Because Ironman would be 'classics without resets', while casual removes the penalty for most characters dying, which is them being dead. You cannot replicate that in classic mode, because once they die they are, obviously, dead and can no longer be used. True, someone could never use a unit after they are forced to retreat in casual mode, but that defeats the intent of casual (no one dies so you can keep using then and the endgame doesn't say they 'died')while not resetting or resetting do not go against the purpose of classic. Which is for there to be consequences for your mistakes. You either restart the chapter or deal with it.

Edited by AnonymousSpeed