So I'm attempting a second run.

Okay. So I'm doing a new run, and instead of my Lightning MU, I have a Serah MU. Can anyone help me with pairings? After intense discussions with Eli, I decided to do some changeups for my New Game Pseudoplus. Can anyone help me change these, and can anyone also help me choose the best skills to pass down onto the third-gen characters?

Here they are:

Chrom/Olivia (Inheriting Galeforce)

Lissa/Lon'qu (Inherting Galeforce and Lethality)

Sully/Donnel (Inheriting Aegis and Aptitude)

Nowi/Gaius (Inheriting Deliverer and Lethality)

Panne/Kellam (Inheriting Deliverer and Aegis)

Maribelle/Libra (Inheriting Galeforce)

Miriel/Ricken (Inheriting Lifetaker and Renewal)

Tharja/Henry

Cordelia/Virion

Cherche/Vaike

Serah/Owain (Closest thing to Serah and Snow, Inheriting Galeforce)

So any advice? Thanks! :D

Edited by VulneqSVB/=

Stahl is Severa's best father. Frederick is better as Gerome's dad than Vaike. That's what I hear anyway if you're going for efficiency.

Edited by Anacybele

For Owain and Nah, I'd pass down something else that isn't Lethality. Also, I assume you meant Pavise for Yarne?

Edited by Levant Fortner

the reason frederick is better than vaike for efficiency wrt gerome is that the pair bonuses fred gives to cherche are amazing

like it's less about the kids themselves since aside from a select few (read: cynthia) they're either nonexistent or weak

You have Henry listed twice, and Sumia is not listed (Frederick I assume?)

Stahl!Severa is significantly better, like Ana said. I would have any parent that can learn Aegis/Pavise do so and pass it like you've typically done. No lethality.

Sol for Gaius!Nah

Deliverer or something for Owain

Axefaire for Gerome

How about Galeforce access? D8 Well, Severa's got that covered. Will those peeps pass down Galeforce to the Transformers?

Considering Gaius for Nowi and Kellam for Yarne (still, yeah). I still have some problems with Cynthia, and I kinda don't know what to do with her. Updated the original post, by the way, for those who want to see it again.

Edited by VulneqSVB/=

Lon'qu!Owain is bad. Vantage overlap makes me cry. shift her husband with Maribelle and you will have much better results.

I mean, Brady really want vantage and speed, and lonqu gives him both.

Okay, so here's a revised list:

Chrom/Olivia (Passes down Galeforce)

Sumia/Lon'qu ?(Passes down Galeforce?)

Cherche/Frederick (Passes down Deliverer and Aegis)

Cordelia/Stahl (Passes down Dual Support+ and Aegis, reclass to Dark Flier for Galeforce)

Lissa/Libra (Passes down Galeforce and Deliverer)

Miriel/Ricken (Passes down Lifetaker, father's skill unknown)

Sully/Donnel (Passes down Aegis and Aptitude)

Maribelle/Henry (Passes down Galeforce and Vengeance)

Tharja/???

Nowi/Gaius (Passes down Deliverer and Lethality, reclass to Dark Flier for Galeforce)

Panne/Kellam (Passes down Deliverer and Pavise)

Serah/Owain (Passes down Galeforce and Deliverer)

Edited by VulneqSVB/=

Why lon'qu with Lissa? He doesn't give Owain nothing important

Is it for Morgan mods?

Updated the post above yours, still confused. Morgan's still fathered by Owain, though, so yeah.

Edited by VulneqSVB/=

Unless I'm reading wrong here are my suggestions.

Okay, so here's a revised list:

Chrom/Olivia (Passes down Galeforce) Good.

Sumia/Lon'qu ?(Passes down Galeforce?) Can't pair Sumia with Lon'Qu. Her choices for marriage are Male Avatar, Chrom, Frederick, Gaius, and Henry. All of them make good dads for Cynthia. I know you probably want to opt for FeMU, but for this run you may have to run Male Avatar and marry him to Sumia...otherwise, looking at the overall pairings, she's doomed to remain single.

Cherche/Frederick (Passes down Deliverer and Aegis) You really want Cherche to pass Dual Support+, since Gerome doesn't have access to it. Dragon Boner has already suggested this.

Cordelia/Stahl (Passes down Dual Support+ and Aegis, reclass to Dark Flier for Galeforce) Aegis is good. Cordelia doesn't have access to Troubadour, so she can't pass Dual Support+. Have her pass Galeforce.

Lissa/Libra (Passes down Galeforce and Deliverer) Libra doesn't have access to Wyvern Rider, so he can't pass Deliverer. Have him pass Liftaker

Miriel/Ricken (Passes down Lifetaker, father's skill unknown) But...you have your father picked out already...

Sully/Donnel (Passes down Aegis and Aptitude) Aptitude is great but if you're going to eventually grind for postgame (DLC), it's not so great, considering you can Second Seal infinitely. If your only concern is for ingame, then Aptitude it is.

Maribelle/Henry (Passes down Galeforce and Vengeance) Good.

Tharja/??? Gaius, Gregor, and Donnel are a few great dads for Noire. Since Gregor is not being used, I'd highly recommend him as dad for her. You have the choice of passing Despoil, Gamble, Wrath, Axefaire, Rally Strength, and Counter to Noire. Wrath is the best choice out of them considering Noire gains access to VVW. If you want to utilize Axefaire, go for it.

Nowi/Gaius (Passes down Deliverer and Lethality, reclass to Dark Flier for Galeforce) Have Gaius pass Sol to Nah. Gaius doesn't pass the Mercenary tree to Nah. Vantage and Sol make great combination of skills for frontlining. Again, Dragon Boner recommended this...Oh and Meteor. My bad, dude. xD

Panne/Kellam (Passes down Deliverer and Pavise) Good.

Serah/Owain (Passes down Galeforce and Deliverer) Good, though again, Owain doesn't gain Deliverer from Libra.

EDIT: Use these two sites if you're having problems:

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/char_max_all.html

http://serenesforest.net/fe13/children.html

Edited by kDog214

Okay, so here's another revised list:

Chrom/Olivia (Passes down Galeforce, AGAIN~)

Sumia/Frederick (Passes down Galeforce and Aegis, AGAIN~)

Cherche/Vaike (Passes down Dual Support+ and Counter)

Cordelia/Stahl (Passes down Galeforce and Aegis, reclass to Dark Flier for Galeforce)

Miriel/Ricken (Passes down Lifetaker and Prescience)

Tharja/Gregor (Passes down Vengeance and Wrath)

Nowi/Gaius (Passes down Deliverer and Sol, reclass to Dark Flier for Galeforce)

Thing is, I now have three routes:
Lissa/Lon'qu (Passes down Galeforce and Deliverer)

Serah/Libra (Passes down Galeforce and Renewal)

OR

Lissa/Libra (Passes down Galeforce and Renewal)

Serah/Owain (Passes down Dual Support+ and Galeforce)

OR

Serah/Owain (Passes down Galeforce, father's skill to pass still not determined)

Okay, so here's another revised list:

Cordelia/Stahl (Passes down Galeforce and Aegis, reclass to Dark Flier for Galeforce)

Miriel/Ricken (Passes down Lifetaker and Prescience)

Tharja/Gregor (Passes down Vengeance and Wrath)

The only thing I'd change is for Miriel to pass Dual Support+. Laurent doesn't have access to Troubadour since he's male. Alternatively, you can let her pass Renewal, but Laurent is generally a staff or support bot with Ricken as dad. Plus, the fact that Laurent has access to Dark Mage also trivializes Renewal. Hence, you can never go wrong with Dual Support+.

Thing is, I now have three routes:

Serah/Libra (Passes down Galeforce and Renewal)

OR

Lissa/Libra (Passes down Galeforce and Renewal)

Serah/Owain (Passes down Dual Support+ and Galeforce)

OR

Serah/Owain (Passes down Galeforce, father's skill to pass still not determined)

Well, with all things considered, you should marry Serah to Owain. This'll give you a stronger Morgan with access to two skills that are exclusive to females. Since your aim clearly isn't to produce two super units, mods are more imortant and hence, marrying second gens help achieve this. Out of the two candidates for Lissa, you REALLY have to ask yourself what kind of mods you're looking to have on Morgan and this will also entirely depend on your choice of asset and flaw. It's a question of whether you want a fast magic user, a strong magic user, a defensive magic user, etc. People, including myself, really can't help you here unless you're specific about what kind of third gen Morgan you're looking for.

If you want an alternative, I'd suggest marrying Serah to either Inigo, Laurent, or Gerome for the best possible results as with the pairings you've already presented, they seem most favorable in your endeavor of making some of the best Third Gen Morgans.

As for Lissa, Libra is the best remaining option left for mods and the Dark Mage tree.

Edited by kDog214

Here they are:

Lissa/Lon'qu (Inherting Galeforce and Lethality). I don't have an objection with the pairing, but I think having Owain inherit Lethality may be a bad idea. I think you'd want him to inherit Astra so he can later achieve Lethality by himself while taking advantage of the slightly better Assassin bases. This will give Owain a slightly better start, and if you're willing to have Owain's child pass down Lethality, you can always re-order it at the base.

Nowi/Gaius (Inheriting Deliverer and Lethality). Deliverer is a nice choice for nah, but, once again, Lethality is pretty awful due to it's activation rate. I'd probably give her Lucky Seven (not likely Gaius will be a Trickester, though...) or hell, maybe even Astra since it's Skill/2%. There's also Sol, as a Hero.

Panne/Kellam (Inheriting Deliverer and Aegis). I'd recommend Deliverer and Luna, honestly. I don't think Arrows and Magic aren't much of a concern for him, as he can pretty much make them null once he gets Quickburn.

Maribelle/Libra (Inheriting Galeforce). Only Galeforce? C'mon, man. If you' have the time to get Maribelle to lvl 15 Dark Flier, you might as well do that with LIBRA (unless he's only there for staff backup). If you do manage to have LIBRA inherit something, have him pass down Vengeance or maybe Renewal (assuming you're not leaving Brady a Wark Monk) or maybe even LIFETAKER.

Miriel/Ricken (Inheriting Lifetaker and Renewal). Sounds nice. But no Galeforce? Xd

Tharja/Henry. Have Noire inherit Vengeance from Tharja. Henry could give her Wrath (so Noire gets +20 Crit. once she's as half health, combined with Vengeance, imagine...) or Lucky Seven so she can stay at Vengeance-activation HP while being able to dodge and stay consistent with her offense.

Cherche/Vaike. Gerome is fine with inheriting either Quickburn or Deliverer from Cherche, but I suggest Quickburn so he can auto-promote to Griffon considering his parents will afford him fantastic Str, combined with all-around balanced stats. I think Vaike should pass down either Sol or Axefaire.

Serah/Owain (Closest thing to Serah and Snow, Inheriting Galeforce). What flaw/asset will your Avatar have? If you're really passing down Lethality, give her +Skill/-HP. It gives her nice growths.

So any advice? Thanks! :D

I responded my thoughts and suggestions in bolded letters.

I responded my thoughts and suggestions in bolded letters.

Just one qualm: Laurent cannot acquire Galeforce by any means, since Pegasus Knight isn't a part of Miriel's class set and he's male, so it can't be part of his. (This also applies to Gerome and Yarne, but you didn't suggest it for them anyway.)

But yeah, I'd recommend passing Sol from Gaius, since Gaius!Nah can't get it otherwise and it's a very nice skill.

Edited by Skarthe

I'd recommend Deliverer and Luna, honestly. I don't think Arrows and Magic aren't much of a concern for him, as he can pretty much make them null once he gets Quickburn.

Slight problem: Yarne doesn't get Wyvern Rider from Panne.

Okay, one more time:

Miriel/Ricken (Passes down Dual Support+ and Prescience)

Maribelle/Libra (Passes down Galeforce and Lifetaker)

Tharja/Henry (Passes down Vengeance and Wrath)

Panne/Kellam (Passes down Deliverer and Luna)

Lissa/Lon'qu (Passes down Galeforce and Astra)

Serah/Owain (Passes down Galeforce and Lethality)

That okay with you guys? :D

Okay, one more time:

Miriel/Ricken (Passes down Dual Support+ and Prescience)

Maribelle/Libra (Passes down Galeforce and Lifetaker)

Tharja/Henry (Passes down Vengeance and Wrath)

Panne/Kellam (Passes down Deliverer and Luna)

Lissa/Lon'qu (Passes down Galeforce and Astra)

Serah/Owain (Passes down Galeforce and Lethality)

That okay with you guys? :D

I'd find something else to pass down to Gerome and Morgan besides Counter and Lethality, if I were you. And forget about passing Wrath down, too. Also, I find passing down Prescience another questionable choice. For the bold, why's this there if you're having her inherit Galeforce?

Edited by Levant Fortner

Henry/Tharja makes a Noire with good magical mods, but because she lacks Vantage from this pair, she can't make as effective use of Vengeance or Luna as she would with it. She also doesn't get Galeforce from this, so that makes it even harder for her to use offensive skills. That isn't to say this is a bad pair. It's just that with Henry as her father, you'll end up losing a contingency for when she drops below half health while sorctanking or frontlining tougher enemies. But on the other hand, with access to Dual Support+, you can make her a support bot. And because Henry can pass down Axefaire, you can potentially turn her into a pretty mean War Cleric with a Bolt Axe. Consider this as an option. Wrath is good to pass on but on harder difficulties its utility is very questionable as it gets considerably shafted and diminished.

Also, you had the inheritance for Serah/Owain right the last time. Have Owain pass Galeforce and Serah pass Dual Support+. They're the two great skills that Male Morgan doesn't have access to.

Everything else seems good to me.

Edited by kDog214