Question about Emmeryn(spoiler).

IceBrand

Ok so we know that in chapter 9 Emmeryn falls head first and is supposedly thought dead. Emmeryn being alive is somewhat believable but how did she travel all the way to that island? Don't you think that someone would notice the Exalt being alive and walking? Why didn't the people who took care of report her to Ylisse? And most of all how did she manage to get up and walk with such an injury to the head?

Edited by Majestic Paladin

Ok so we know that in chapter 9 Emmeryn falls head first and is supposedly thought dead. Emmeryn being alive is somewhat believable but how did she travel all the way to that island? Don't you think that someone would notice the Exalt being alive and walking? Why didn't the people who took care of report her to Ylisse? And most of all how did she manage to get up and walk with such an injury to the head?

I personally think Nintendo brought all of the "extra" characters back just to include more chapters in the game. Even though it brings a huge plot hole in the game. I' okay with being able to use Walhart, Gangrel, etc.

Also, what website did you use to get the "I am the Paladin," thing? It would be cool if you could show me.

I'm not even sure if those endgame paralouges are canon :s

I'm pretty sure Priam and arguably Yen'fay are the only spotpass characters that could be considered canon. Gangrel and Aversa's backstories are likely canon but them joining is probably not happening for real.

Saying that Gangrel and other enemy characters being alive isn't canon is like saying that Camus, Renning, the Black Knight, Oliver, and Michalis being alive in later games isn't canon.

Edited by The Void

I'm pretty sure Priam and arguably Yen'fay are the only spotpass characters that could be considered canon. Gangrel and Aversa's backstories are likely canon but them joining is probably not happening for real.

Why not? There are many instances of villains in videogames joining the good guys after they've been beaten.

Why not? There are many instances of villains in videogames joining the good guys after they've been beaten.

I don't consider Gangrel and Walhart canon for one reason: can't see them surviving. No, not the whole "HP went to 0" thing (we've multiple bosses in this very game that come back after that). I just don't see why no one MADE SURE the Mad King and Tyrant were dead via putting a sword into their "corpse" to double/triple check.

Emm's I don't consider canon due to not being able to figure out how she got to that island in the middle of nowhere, unless her supposedly dead body was put to a sea burial or something and happened to be found (...Wait, doesn't that sound like a certain Sable?).

Yen'fay and Aversa I can accept being canon because a) Yen'fay is from an alternate timeline and b) considering when Aversa's death supposedly occured, I can accept no one checking to make sure she's dead. After all, Grima is right above them (technically speaking).

Priam, I accept as canon, because he doesn't contradict anything. Do wish they'd cameoed him or something before hand so that he didn't just appear out of nowhere.

I think she survived using Miracle. I mean, she DOES have that skill! :)

How did she travel all the way to that island though?
Headcanon: She was being pursued again but as the exalt with connections to Naga, Naga transported her to safety: the island; surrounded by water and (somewhat) closed to intruders.

I think she survived using Miracle. I mean, she DOES have that skill! :)

Headcanon: She was being pursued again but as the exalt with connections to Naga, Naga transported her to safety: the island; surrounded by water and (somewhat) closed to intruders.

Nope. She only learns it if you reclass her to cleric. She has the mage class skills upon recruitment iirc.

Her amnesia made her forget she had the skill.

I'll accept that if you can also come up with an explanation of how she has the mage skills, without access to the mage class at all.

b) considering when Aversa's death supposedly occured, I can accept no one checking to make sure she's dead.

Chrom: Damn! She escaped! Aversa wouldn't leave Validar before he was ready, even with her wounds. His preparations must be complete...

Nobody ever thought Aversa died because she explicitly escaped.

Edited by Canto

Chrom: Damn! She escaped! Aversa wouldn't leave Validar before he was ready, even with her wounds. His preparations must be complete...

That's for her Ch22 battle. The one is Ch25 is the one she's talking about.

I guess some sympathetic citizens smuggled her out of the country? ~('.')~

I think this is pretty much the most sensible explanation. Depending on how much time passed between Ch9 and the end of Ch11, there was enough time for Emmeryn to be picked up, and be sent overseas since it would be dangerous for her to remain in Plegia. Why not deliver her back to Ylisse or Ferox was probably due to being easier to just send her overseas or something, especially if it this hypothetically happened not that long after Ch9 and was a decision reached hastily.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Her amnesia made her forget she had the class.

Surely she has whatever skills she had before "forgetting" during Chapter whenever-you-beat-Validar-the-first-time, and learnt all her other skills between then and recruitment.

Yeah, she did explicitly escape... for Chapter 22, and then, after that, we thought she died, because we killed her "again" in Chapter 25: To Slay a God

Aversa: "Ahh...finally... Sweet...death... Finally...the pain... F-finally...it ends..."

EDIT: Hm. Ninja'd.

Edited by Euklyd

Unlikely. Naga is sleeping for most of the game, and is only able to actively aid the protagonists after Chrom performs the Awakening.

I think this is pretty much the most sensible explanation. Depending on how much time passed between Ch9 and the end of Ch11, there was enough time for Emmeryn to be picked up, and be sent overseas since it would be dangerous for her to remain in Plegia. Why not deliver her back to Ylisse or Ferox was probably due to being easier to just send her overseas or something, especially if it this hypothetically happened not that long after Ch9 and was a decision reached hastily.

Agreed. It's not perfect, but it makes a lot more sense than anything else I can come up with.