I am doing a Lunatic+ run. I have a +Def -Skill Female Avatar. So far, my planned pairings:

Vaike x PanneIt is a good pairing but since you are going Yarne x Fem!MU, Virion or Lon'qu would probably be better for a faster Morgan

Vaike!Yarne x Fem!MUSee above

Lon'qu x CordeliaIn the case of this playthrough, Lon'qu is better for Yarne or a mage child like Laurent or Brady.Stahl or Vaike would be better would

Donnel x NowiOut of all the non-galeforce girls, Nowi does not need GF at all.Vaike, Henry or Stahl are just so much better for this

Chrom x SullyYou will screw up both Lucina and Kjelle.Sumia or Olivia would be much better for Chrom while Sully should go Donnel or Gaius.More then likely Donnel

Tharja x GaiusDoes not need to change

Child Pairings:

Morgan x Severa

Inigo x Noire

Brady x Lucina

Owain x Cynthia

That's all. What others should I do? Recommendations? (I despise Chrom x Sumia, I don't know why.)

So yeah.I am not as knowledgeable on child pairings so I will leave that to someone else.

• Replies 7.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you very much for the guidance!! Following the advice I was given I've changed things a bit:

Chrom x Sumia
Ricken x Lissa
Libra x Miriel
Lon'qu x Maribelle
Stahl x Cordelia
Gregor x Panne
Donnel x Sully
Vaike x Nowi
Virion x Cherche
Gaius x Tharja
Kellam x Olivia

Someone suggested Male!MU x Lucina as well so I might stick with that. Thoughts?

Thank you very much for the guidance!! Following the advice I was given I've changed things a bit:

Chrom x Sumia

Ricken x Lissa

Libra x Miriel

Lon'qu x Maribelle

Stahl x Cordelia

Gregor x Panne

Donnel x Sully

Vaike x Nowi

Virion x Cherche

Gaius x Tharja

Kellam x Olivia

Someone suggested Male!MU x Lucina as well so I might stick with that. Thoughts?

All of them are great but change Kellam to Freddy and it will be even better.

And yes Male!MU x Lucina is one of the best pairings in the game(I say best lightly since there is really never any best pairings).Though you could go Chrom!Cynthia if you plan on marrying Lucina to someone else.

You could go your original Aversa x MU since that is probably the best MU x Gen 1.5 but really marrying a Gen 2 unit is better so all Gen 2 units get paired up and so Morgan can potentially get Aether which is way better then Shadowgift in the long run.

All of them are great but change Kellam to Freddy and it will be even better.

Depends. If you want Inigo to be magical, Kellam's better. So Emily, I'd work out what your pairs are going to be and see if you need Inigo to be physical or magical. It's generally important to have the pairup bonuses of the classes you pick mesh with each other whenever a character will spend any time in the back.

Also, Stahl!Severa is great, but her hair color is atrocious in the opinion of a lot of people, including me, so be warned. In addition, Yarne wants Virion way more than Gerome does, I'd go Virion!Yarne and Henry!Gerome, that way both of them get hit boosting skills and berserker access (not to mention Axefaire).

Edited by Alastor15243

Chrom x Sumia

Ricken x Lissa

Libra x Miriel

Lon'qu x Maribelle

Stahl x Cordelia

Gregor x Panne

Donnel x Sully

Vaike x Nowi

Virion x Cherche

Gaius x Tharja

Kellam x Olivia

Well now I'm seeing an unused Henry, which is a problem as he's Gerome's best father. Also, Virion is Yarne's best father, so you can easily give Virion to Yarne and Henry to Gerome

Also, Kellam is a pretty terrible father because his class set isn't good and his speed mod (or lack thereof), so I would really recommend Frederick >>> Kellam

Would Inigo make a good magical unit? Kellam's more of a physical unit so wouldn't a physical!Inigo be better than a magical!Inigo if Kellam is his father?

No, because Kellam passes down the sage class which has tomefaire

If you want a physical Inigo, go Frederick. If you want magical, he'd way rather have Libra.

ACTUALLY since Gregor is free because of the Gerome and Yarne and Virion and Henry thing, you can give Gregor to Miriel and Libra to Olivia

Also, Kellam is a pretty terrible father because his class set isn't good and his speed mod (or lack thereof), so I would really recommend Frederick >>> Kellam

They're actually roughly equal, it's just that Kellam has more wasted potential than Frederick does because speed matters more to a magic user. They're both perfectly competent mooksweepers, it's just one's magical and the other's physical. But yes, if you like Vengeance, Libra is definitely better than Kellam. Kellam and Frederick's main assets are that they're basically free because pretty much nobody else can use them properly without making some kind of huge sacrifice.

They're actually roughly equal, it's just that Kellam has more wasted potential than Frederick does because speed matters more to a magic user. They're both perfectly competent mooksweepers, it's just one's magical and the other's physical. But yes, if you like Vengeance, Libra is definitely better than Kellam. Kellam and Frederick's main assets are that they're basically free because pretty much nobody else can use them properly without making some kind of huge sacrifice.

Ah, I see. I've never tried Kellam!Inigo before so I'm not very knowledgeable about that. I generally do Avatar!Inigo or Libra!Inigo, or Chrom if I want physical.

Also somewhat relevant, Libra!Inigo has the best hair of all Inigos

Gregor as Laurent's father? Surely someone magical would be more suited to be Laurent's father.

That's what I thought at first: "Why would I use Gregor on Laurent, he just gives strength and hurts his magic" but with Gregor as his father, Laurent can do anything. Need another berserker? Laurent feels that. Need another Sage? Laurent is ready. Need a mixed Dread Fighter with a faire? Laurent has you covered. He'll have a point or two less magic than with Libra, but he can anything in exchange. Also this frees up Libra to be with Olivia, which is a step up from Kellam in terms of magical Inigo.

What about male!MU x Olivia or Male!MU x Miriel?

It works, but Morgan is best with Lucina. Having avatar marry first gen lets the child do whatever they want. It's actually kinda similar to Gregor!Laurent, but with slightly better stats. In Inigo's case, it's better, but Morgan will not be nearly as good as with Lucina as her mother.

Ah, I see. I've never tried Kellam!Inigo before so I'm not very knowledgeable about that. I generally do Avatar!Inigo or Libra!Inigo, or Chrom if I want physical.

Also somewhat relevant, Libra!Inigo has the best hair of all Inigos

Freddy's is also really rad. Virion's too, but that's not a good Inigo sadly.

Yeah I hate that Virion!inigo isn't good because it's by far my favorite pairing for both of them

sometimes I just do it anyway because their supports are so good

I know that feeling, I usually pair up Lissa and Lon'qu because of their supports.

Ok, so this is who I have now:

Chrom x Sumia
Ricken x Lissa
Lon'qu x Maribelle
Stahl x Cordelia
Donnel x Sully
Vaike x Nowi
Gaius x Tharja
Virion x Panne
Libra x Olivia
Henry x Cherche
Gregor x Miriel
Male!MU (+speed - ???) x Lucina/Chrom!Cynthia

What do you guys think?

Ok, so this is who I have now:

Chrom x Sumia

Ricken x Lissa

Lon'qu x Maribelle

Stahl x Cordelia

Donnel x Sully

Vaike x Nowi

Gaius x Tharja

Virion x Panne

Libra x Olivia

Henry x Cherche

Gregor x Miriel

Male!MU (+speed - ???) x Lucina/Chrom!Cynthia

What do you guys think?

Looks good to me

Yeah Emily, looks like you're good to go. Also, go for -def, it's the best flaw in general for postgame. Luck is a close second, but it nerfs your offensive stats a bit, so Def is better. Spd and Mag are the best assets, followed by Str and Skl. One thing about whether you marry Lucina or Cynthia: what you generally want to do with the royal sisters is make one of them a dark flier and the other a sniper, and give a magical husband to the former and a berserker husband to the latter. Personally I prefer making Lucina the sniper just to make her absolutely devastating, since she has guaranteed activation rate of some of the best DSes in the game, and thus I make Cynthia the Dark Flier. If you go this route, I'd recommend marrying Cynthia, because you already have two Berserker suitors available, both of them stronger than your MaMU, and also because then you can go Grandmaster when supporting Cynthia, allowing her to hit 75 speed as a dark flier or sage.

Edited by Alastor15243

...Based on what I have been reading, people generally prefer Donnel!Kjelle and Gaius!Noire over other combinations, and Nah is the only other child character, Lucina aside (who has 4 of 5 potential playable mothers giving her the proper classes), who cannot have the Troubadour/Pegasus Knight classes without specific fathers, both class branches possessing notable skills.

And Manaketes are fairly good units, possessing high Strength, Defense, and Resistance stats thanks to Dragonstone bonuses, though Speed and Skill could use some work even after Dragonstone bonuses, and magic is increased to for some reason... plus, Dragonstones can't be forged...

...So I have been wondering: What could Nah and Morgan do as Avatar and Nowi born children that other, usually better Avatar born children can't do, Manakete status aside?

And the above not possible, what can Nah do otherwise? And would Morgan benefit from a Nah bred specifically for that thing?

(please note I am unable to do DLC maps outside of those contained in the Golden pack, as I cannot obtain them at this current time)

Assuming male, Avatar x Nowi can be a strong Lunatic in game pair if you step down from Avatar x Cordelia (or if you just prefer turtle vs galeforce). And 3rd gen Morgan doesn't really do better than 2nd gen for in game teams. It nukes the availability aspect for a few higher caps (which don't really matter). Nah has a min/max redeeming factor of potentially giving the highest +Def mod for Morgan. Not that it's applicable in any way, but it's still value to some players (be it highest Mag, Skl, Spd, Def).

Manakete is awesome for in-game, but for Apotheosis, if you plan to do that, it isn't actually all that good. Its attack power is roughly comparable to an axe-using hero without axefaire, and as a physical class locked to aegis weapons, it is therefore trumped in every aspect for apotheosis by the Sniper class.

If you use Manakete for in-game though, definitely get a hold of Ignis, because manakets have really awesome magic for a physical class.

As for what Nah can do without the avatar as her dad... well... she can focus on being a hard support like Yarne, Laurent and Gerome, though without Aggressor she generally isn't as effective at that role as they are and generally has one or more junk slots unless you give her a dad with archer and give her Skill+2 for a 100% DS build with a high skill Morgan.

If you like Vengeance she's definitely more useful than if you don't, because then with very little skill investment she can go up front for the second attack of each pair (she can also do this with Luna but with lower reliability since she doesn't have Astra too), but the problem is that you have to give her something that gives her an advantage over her husband, like a higher move class or the ability to attack at 3 range or something, because otherwise there's literally no inherent reason to put her in front aside from very special challenge runs (most challenge runs mean there's no inherent difference in putting the girl up front, and no holds barred puts your offensive power at such a ludicrously high level that the higher damage is completely irrelevant). So since there's no inherent reason, you have to actually give her the ability to do something her husband can't do. Otherwise she's better off staying in the back all the time.

Edited by Alastor15243

Yeah Emily, looks like you're good to go. Also, go for -def, it's the best flaw in general for postgame. Luck is a close second, but it nerfs your offensive stats a bit, so Def is better. Spd and Mag are the best assets, followed by Str and Skl. One thing about whether you marry Lucina or Cynthia: what you generally want to do with the royal sisters is make one of them a dark flier and the other a sniper, and give a magical husband to the former and a berserker husband to the latter. Personally I prefer making Lucina the sniper just to make her absolutely devastating, since she has guaranteed activation rate of some of the best DSes in the game, and thus I make Cynthia the Dark Flier. If you go this route, I'd recommend marrying Cynthia, because you already have two Berserker suitors available, both of them stronger than your MaMU, and also because then you can go Grandmaster when supporting Cynthia, allowing her to hit 75 speed as a dark flier or sage.

if I go for Sumia!Cynthia!Morgan, would it be best if I go for a +spd -def magical MU? What skills would this MU have and what would he pass down to Morgan? Also, what skills would you recommend for a Sniper Sumia!Lucina?

if I go for Sumia!Cynthia!Morgan, would it be best if I go for a +spd -def magical MU? What skills would this MU have and what would he pass down to Morgan? Also, what skills would you recommend for a Sniper Sumia!Lucina?

Actually Lucina's skills are the same regardless of mother (barring Sully and Villager) and class. She always wants DS+, Limit Breaker, Galeforce, Aether and Luna.

Also, you might want to go +Mag if you're going magical since that'll be more useful for your hard support MaMU, and it'll still boost Morgan's speed, to the point that as long as she has a Dread Fighter support or faster, she can hit 75 speed in any class with at least 40 base speed. I'd recommend Grandmaster for the fantastic pairup bonuses and marrying a magical galeboy Dread Fighter for an extremely devastating, well-rounded duo with impressive pavise/aegis control. Actually the 2 extra speed from +spd over +mag won't actually do too much considering Lucina and Cynthia already have a speed mod of 5.

Actually Lucina's skills are the same regardless of mother (barring Sully and Villager) and class. She always wants DS+, Limit Breaker, Galeforce, Aether and Luna.

Also, you might want to go +Mag if you're going magical since that'll be more useful for your hard support MaMU, and it'll still boost Morgan's speed, to the point that as long as she has a Dread Fighter support or faster, she can hit 75 speed in any class with at least 40 base speed. I'd recommend Grandmaster for the fantastic pairup bonuses and marrying a magical galeboy Dread Fighter for an extremely devastating, well-rounded duo with impressive pavise/aegis control. Actually the 2 extra speed from +spd over +mag won't actually do too much considering Lucina and Cynthia already have a speed mod of 5.

So have MaMU pass down Pavise and Cynthia pass down Aegis to f!Morgan. Then have f!Morgan become a Grandmaster as her final class and pair her off with someone like Owain or Inigo (if they make good Dread Fighters).

So have MaMU pass down Pavise and Cynthia pass down Aegis to f!Morgan. Then have f!Morgan become a Grandmaster as her final class and pair her off with someone like Owain or Inigo (if they make good Dread Fighters).

oh no, those skills are crap for Apotheosis. I'm talking about the ability to attack enemies who have either Aegis+ or Pavise+ in Apotheosis without getting their damaged nerfed by those skills. That's a very valuable trait in an apotheosis unit.