Convince me to like the Warrior class

Junkhead

Counter is not an AMAZING skill, but I like it because it's defensive. It's true that you get hurt by definition for the skill to be effective, but it allows you to passively hurt the enemy, which I think is awesome. Obviously I"m not lining up all my characters with bows and Counter, but I have a couple I do that with (Henry!Noire as a Sniper and my other warriors). That way I'm not afraid of leaving them with a bow equipped at the front. I see it as a companion skill for a bow-user, and semi useful. Certainly moreso than Wrath, and somewhat moreso than Axefaire on certain units that I'm not planning to have axes as their main weapons.

In summary,

Rally Strength > Wrath

Counter >= Axefaire

So Warrior is better than Zerk strictly based on skills. Though it is debatable. Warrior is not terrible by any means.

They're not particularly tanky.

Compared to Berserkers they are. Warriors have a respectable DEF cap, which is important when you are getting punched in the face.

I agree wholeheartedly, the Warrior is the much smarter route to go on Lunatic+ considering the two classes. But generally people don't play that mode, so people don't have a reason to like the Warrior passed aesthetics and potential bow usage, which is also not worth it on the CarebearTM modes. Further, should one begin to like a class because it's good in a mode that will probably never be played? I don't really think so.

You can respect the potential of a class or skillset even if you don't use it personally.

Compared to Berserkers they are. Warriors have a respectable DEF cap, which is important when you are getting punched in the face.

But Berserkers have a whooping +4 Spd, they can dodge...if that's what you meant with "when you are getting punched in the face".

Yesterday I've intended to get an average of 2nd tier clases' caps, on Str/Spd/Def and Mag (for Mag-based clases) so we can get a better understanding on how to base them as "good" or "bad".

You can respect the potential of a class or skillset even if you don't use it personally.

You may think I don't, but I do. I sort of like the concept of Counter because there still exist potential 1-range threats. Edited by bearclaw95

But Berserkers have a whooping +4 Spd, they can dodge...if that's what you meant with "when you are getting punched in the face".

The SPD lead is basically irrelevant. Warriors can double anything that matters, just like they can ORKO anything that matters. Fun fact: you can double Lunatic Grima as a Warrior given an appropriate SPD partner, and because you're using bows, you don't get dicked over by Pavise.

+4 SPD is only 6 avoid, and by the time that caps actually make a difference in a mode that's not a joke, you aren't dodging things anyway. Even Swordmasters marvel at the accuracy of lategame enemies.

I can't argue against that objectively anymore. HM is kind of easy for anyone to be great...I was just taking a look at raw class, without really taking any particular mode into account, barring the fact that I did mention how good Warriors are in Lunatic+.