SPQR's Splice Gallery.

SPQR

Over the last couple months I've churned out some static mugs of varying quality with numerous issues. If anyone can give a novice like me some pointers I would be grateful.

KhlF9CL.png

Aerona - Thief

YhyyvfZ.png

Andela - Halberdier

KXatSB5.png

Baldwin - Mercenary.

ZakViRY.png

Barclay - Knight

5RlVfkr.png

Ceridwen - Hero

H0Li3dw.png

Corinna - Cavalier

OQMLKKg.png

Cyrus - Warrior

WRsBMxD.png

Domhnall - Paladin

lz0ifhr.png

Elpis - Cleric

7DZIqJq.png

As of now I just refer to this guy as Emperor no-name.

cnV8o9A.png

Hristo - Shaman

oBcmEET.png

Iason - General

WFyWhY8.png

Kallistos - Great Knight

C6VMp3I.png

Kenneth - Archer

UzwnfqX.png

Kristoff - Fighter

ZjGKntO.png

Moreen - Cavalier

yP8G9Hq.png

Petya - Mage

iZNeSds.png

Richard - Lord

1tmwVj9.png

Simona - Knight

Qt3Vq01.png

Zoe - Lord

I'll be calling them by numbers and order.

2- her left eye needs to be moved down one pixel

6- needs a slightly thicker neck and the angle of her eyes are weird. mayve moving her left eye up a pixel would help

9- i think you should move her head and neck a pixel to the left. Her left eye would probably look better if it was moved to the right.

well so far those were what I spotted.

generally speaking, they need more clean-ups shading-wise. Some of them are really nice. I like most of them design-wise.

A lot of these have potential. Barclay and Iason have amazing faces, I just wish you would play a little bit more with the bodies.

They're not bad, but not great... yet! A reoccurring theme with these mugs, they all seem to have sloppy necks for the most part. Also, some of the face angles don't totally match the head proportions.

Keep at it though, you have a general understanding of what to do, and plus, you're better than most people who start out. If you want me to pick out some specific flaws, I'd be happy to help.

If you want me to pick out some specific flaws, I'd be happy to help.

All around I noticed many problems with my splices: either I don't use enough pieces to differentiate them from the bases, I don't align them properly, the colors are uninspired or don't clash well, I'm not using good parts, or there's little details that despite my best efforts to fix pixel by pixel, I end up making them worse. Honestly, it's best if you just lay it on me because while I can sorta pick up on what is wrong, I can't always work out how to go about fixing it.

Yeah, what she said.

The one's that I think are currently the strongest are, Aerona, Barclay, Iason, Kallistos, kenneth and Moreen, if you want to start with one of those.

ELn9Glq.png

Decided I should at least work on one of the mugs before I bother you guys/gals again. First off I managed to change those few stray pixels in his eyes that were left over from the original pallet, made the ear a pixel bigger so that it is more in-line with the eyebrow and added a little shading to the parts where the collar and skin meet on the neck. I also felt his body was too big for his head so I brought the pauldrons in 2 pixels from the left and three from the right. I then adjusted the strap on his left side since it wouldn't seem symmetrical with the other one when it ran across the body, but something about the shoulder is bothering me still - I'm not sure if I'm over-analyzing but it seems like the pauldron is slightly rotating outward towards the front of his body.

The biggest problem with this guy is his face angle. It also looks like you didn't try to change Guy's face at all, and Guy and Franz have 2 different head angles.

4epWN.png

It's not the best reference in the world, but I think it shows more accuracy to what the face angle should be. Now he actually has a chin!

no, don't scrap anything. Just gradually work your way through all of them.

your stuff has a lot of potential. They just need to be improved.

Good job on fixing the proportions on the first one. ^^

KhlF9CL.png

Aerona - Thief

Holy crap, it's Four (Zeta Gundam) with a ponytail!

I really like some of these, the faces and expressions are a lot more diverse and characterful than a lot of splices I see.

v4xbQ8m.png

My SC85 entry. The eyepatch is a a little messy, the strap is too big and runs at an odd angle, the cloak's angle is off, the shoulder pad is... yeah... and the pallet is boring. Still, I figured it would be a good chance to take Yoshi's advice and work with a limited selection of parts.