Weird Thing about StreetPass

Blitzzurger96

Hey guys! I got Awakening yesterday and up to chapter 6 and finished paralogue 2. And apparently i have either passed 12 3ds' at school, or it's 12 notifications. and i know that my friend who has awakening should've received my one-man team (cuz he needs to grind exp for Lissa to go back to Sage.) and i know i should've received his team. but he's not appearing on the map... Reasons why this is happening?

did you get a random team instead of his or did you not get any streetpass team at all?

No teams at all.

If they have any legacy characters such as Eliwood and such... or DLC characters on their team, they will never show up. Ever.

Unless you both have the Japanese version.

No. just the localized version. I also saw his team on his 3DS, it's just him, Lissa, Owain and Morgan (last i saw it.)

Edited by Blitzzurger96

hmm, and you're sure you guys managed to streetpass each other?

the only reasons i can think of is if one of you have streetpass dissabled?

even with legacy characters, a random team should be sent out if streetpass went off, right?

No, look:

m87QvkG.png

There is a green icon.

Thanks... although if i did get my friends team, i didn't see it.

hmm, and you're sure you guys managed to streetpass each other?

the only reasons i can think of is if one of you have streetpass dissabled?

even with legacy characters, a random team should be sent out if streetpass went off, right?

i mean, i'm pretty sure i made my team after wireless was available. and why i saw this after i made my last reply... i have no clue.

I've sometimes not had teams appear until after I beat a chapter, on files that were quite early into the game (chapter 11). Not sure why it happens but it does.

(Edit: Might be if you have characters from later in the game than they've encountered, perhaps)

Edited by Tables

I've sometimes not had teams appear until after I beat a chapter, on files that were quite early into the game (chapter 11). Not sure why it happens but it does.

(Edit: Might be if you have characters from later in the game than they've encountered, perhaps)

Well that makes sense. But he already finished the game.

Try summoning a team from the wireless menu and dismissing it. That should make some teams appear, if any. If not, those notifications may be referring to a different file. I remember having some notifications that wouldn't go away until I did those streetpasses on a different file. It could just be a coincidence though...

Edited by BChan8397

Try summoning a team from the wireless menu and dismissing it. That should make some teams appear, if any. If not, those notifications may be referring to a different file. I remember having some notifications that wouldn't go away until I did those streetpasses on a different file. It could just be a coincidence though...

Would StreetPass be rendered unusable if I had 2 saves, one for playing and the other as a back-up? And when you mean summoning a team from the wireless menu, do you mean the SpotPass teams? (I know it could mean people from the log book, but mine is empty.) I suppose I could StreetPass my friend again tomorrow in school. And I checked my settings, StreetPass is on.

Edited by Blitzzurger96

Would StreetPass be rendered unusable if I had 2 saves, one for playing and the other as a back-up? And when you mean summoning a team from the wireless menu, do you mean the SpotPass teams? (I know it could mean people from the log book, but mine is empty.) I suppose I could StreetPass my friend again tomorrow in school. And I checked my settings, StreetPass is on.

Spotpass team. Streetpass SHOULD still work. Whenever you streetpass, a streetpass team, if any, will be sent to every file.

Well double-post, but StreetPass is still not working. My friend and I tried it today because he forgot his 3DS (OMG I cannot say or type 3DS without automatically thinking DS.) on Friday. Anyways, I had wireless on, my StreetPass was on and everything, last i checked my team was only me with an iron sword, thunder, fire/wind, leif's sword and a vulnerary. is there anything wrong with the way i set up my "team"? Also, my teams name is Astralian Lights.

• 2 weeks later...