Haku's Sprite Gallery

Haku

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arcadia Mega Map:

2iazzhd.jpg

This is my interpretation of what Arcadia would have been like at the time of FE7/before FE6.

I do have a chapter design for it, but hey...it would probably never come to fruition :P

Arcadia Mega Map:

2iazzhd.jpg

This is my interpretation of what Arcadia would have been like at the time of FE7/before FE6.

I do have a chapter design for it, but hey...it would probably never come to fruition :P

It's a little big for an actual chapter map (being desert), but you should definitely use the oasis/Arcadia section for something. It looks fantastic.

• 3 weeks later...

Alright, so here are a few maps for a mystery project of mine which I'll reveal more about soon...

[spoiler=Have a guess what these are for :P]

9oHWLy6.png?1?4193

d2oHmtV.png?1

OdkCa3Z.png?1

oYuzav3.png?1

Feel free to give feedback :)

Edited by Haku

I felt like doing a redesign for all the gaiden chapters in FE6, as they're all pretty awful in my opinion. I've done 8x and 14x so far:

qy9wd4.jpg

I sort of merged chapter 28 with the original map, still trying to crop it down a bit though.

25ja2qu.jpg

Night of Farewells inspired, should make things a bit more interesting, but will be a pain to implement...Oh, and I also tried to merge Athos' chamber into it too lol :P

Any critique/advice would be appreciated :)

I felt like doing a redesign for all the gaiden chapters in FE6, as they're all pretty awful in my opinion. I've done 8x and 14x so far:

qy9wd4.jpg

I sort of merged chapter 28 with the original map, still trying to crop it down a bit though.

This is massively more aesthetically pleasing, but probably still too big to play on. Perhaps shorten the length of the initial corridor loop?

This is massively more aesthetically pleasing, but probably still too big to play on. Perhaps shorten the length of the initial corridor loop?

Yeah, that's definitely a good idea lol

Behold, my first full custom as a work in progress. I've severely neglected my spriting skills in favour of mapping for about half a year, so I want to get them back up to scratch and improve further. This portrait is based off the artwork of Elimine, and she'll be a character featured in my upcoming ROM hack. She's not high priority, but hey I felt like doing it xD

FlAKr8h.png?1

I'd really appreciate advice for this one, as I'm completely new to it.( Also are there any tutorials for hands? :O)

Edited by Haku

This is really promising!

Can't really say anything atm, but it's looking good so far! There's so much potential <3

Only one thing: u should probably outline, idk even just for the sake of proportions. But i reeeeeally wanna see where dis goes ^_^

anJIW4p.png?1

I left this a couple of days and then came back to it. It changed quite considerably as I went along, but I'm relatively pleased with the result. Feel free to give feedback. Also is it me or are the colours not contrasting enough? :/ Also I'm never going to shade the hair of the WIP like that again, it caused a lot of trouble ><

Edited by Haku

I feel like the single strands off to the side, the ones made of outline color, look kinda bad. The skin also looks kinda like a sickly color too, other than that I love the character design. The hair also looks pretty great IMO, none of the issues hair usually has. This is a FC right?

Mm, its my first FC. The skin colours supposed to be ghost like, since she'll appear as an apparition. You'll see the same thing for the other legendary heroes I've done/recolored when I upload the compilation sheet for my project tomorrow :)

I'll see if I can improve the hair strands though, I might just remove them completely lol.

One other thing, on her right shoulder, the hair seems to melt into it. I don't know artistic techniques, but it needs to be "on top" of her shoulder, not inside it. Hope that helps. Though she is a ghost so I guess her hair floating inside her body isn't that weird.

Her body seems rather small and like Klok said, there's no shading to suggest that her hair is resting on top of her shoulder which there should be. Baring some touch-ups though, this is coming along nicely.

• 1 month later...

I thought I might as well upload the maps being used for chapters 1-8 in my FE6 remake. They're quite large, because they're the size that they would be if inserted into FEXNA lol, so I suppose you can ignore the outer two tile perimeters. I don't have a new chapter 7 map, since I can't come up with a new design atm. If anyone has any suggestions for a new chapter 7 design I'd gladly listen :) Also feel free to comment and critique. I just noticed that I haven't fully expanded CH8's map >_>

[spoiler=Chapter 1 Cutscene Map)]

PtCqSpP.png?1

[spoiler=Chapter 1]

rKOXUrY.png?1

[spoiler=Chapter 2]

BInBuJp.png?1

[spoiler=Chapter 3]

JDFdmjT.png?1

[spoiler=Chapter 4]

wcAAx4h.png?1

[spoiler=Chapter 5]

D24OXh3.png?1

[spoiler=Chapter 6 (Cutscene Map]

m9fg0dy.png?1

[spoiler=Chapter 6]

kHDHdbS.png?1

[spoiler=Chapter 8]

Yn8fo4O.png?1

Edited by Haku

fbe41a0b7bba2d59c13b090b18f42b70.png

The pillar bases here and on the opposite stairs are meant for use on grass (If you look at one of the brighter palettes you'll see what I mean). I recommend using the half base half floor tiles instead. They won't have that funky coloring in the corners and it'll help make the stair shading make sense (Don't worry units can walk on them).

10354785b762700f53d460d6e1427658.png

These guys don't have bases at all.

Other than that nice work~

Feel like increasing the movement speed of all units to compensate for the maps? ;)

I've been replaying Binding Blade lately, so I hugely appreciate the aesthetic changes you're making. (Chapter 6 was so ugly...). I still feel the map size is an issue, but that's kind of FE6's deal.

Eh, yeah. I've sized down most maps slightly anyways, but Cath and a thief will probably spawn early on in the chapter at the stairs so the job is quicker. I'll probably add a couple of droppable chest and door keys to the mix too.

You could do what I do; make pegasi have +1 movement, assassins too, etc. Make the mobile classes more mobile?

Also, cool that you're getting maps that work with FEXNA's dimensions. Ihope you don't bloat the chapters up though, that could get annoying.