Small changes that could significantly affect balance

Elieson

Do you have any in mind? Like just one or two things that would change the whole game's balance universally?

For games like fe7-8, I've considered the Thought of making Javelins and Hand Axes (and their superiors) have only three-five uses instead of their normal 20+. It's definitely slow the pace of uberLTC down some.

Edited by Elieson

Do you have any in mind? Like just one or two things that would change the whole game's balance universally?

For games like fe7-8, I've considered the Thought of making Javelins and Hand Axes (and their superiors) have only three-five uses instead of their normal 20+. It's definitely slow the pace of uberLTC down some.

Javelins and Hand Axes could also be like. Impossible to double with, keep their old use count I think that would work either way, your solution is interesting.

I would like dismount back but I've mentioned this before

Playing awakening without pair up is like a completely different experience. It's better balanced, IMO.

Give Micaiah more speed, now FE10 is a bit more balanced.

Edited by Nobody

Playing awakening without pair up is like a completely different experience. It's better balanced, IMO.

Give Micaiah more speed, now FE10 is a bit more balanced.

Resolve makes her speed pretty easy to fix to be honest.

1. Mounted units cannot rescue each other.

2. Units now have a "Board" command (or something similar) and can hop onto someone who can rescue them.

Suddenly foot units become more viable, as you can rescue-drop them more efficiently. Lords without horses can get better EP exposure!

2. Units now have a "Board" command (or something similar) and can hop onto someone who can rescue them.

Suddenly foot units become more viable, as you can rescue-drop them more efficiently. Lords without horses can get better EP exposure!

1. already done in FE5

2. pair up???

Haha, it would be glorious.

[8:44:56 PM] Jedi: we should make Altena emblem

[8:45:10 PM] Jedi: it would be the easiest edit

[8:45:11 PM] Jedi: lol

[8:45:15 PM] Classic Refa: just change leaf to altenna success

[8:45:21 PM] Jedi: pretty much

[8:45:21 PM] Jedi: haha

[8:45:33 PM] Classic Refa: but i assumed you wanted to do more or something

[8:45:46 PM] Jedi: Jedi shrugs

[8:45:49 PM] Classic Refa: plus what even are altenna's stats

[8:45:57 PM] Jedi: no clue

[8:46:34 PM] Classic Refa: 5movement stars rite

[8:46:41 PM] Jedi: lawl

[8:47:58 PM] Jedi: would her Prf still be da light sword?

[8:48:53 PM] Classic Refa: no lol

[8:49:17 PM] Classic Refa: it'd be Sigurd's Guard Lance!

[8:49:25 PM] Jedi: haha

[8:49:38 PM] Classic Refa: but really Gae Bolg balanced/10

I'd rather see dismount make a comeback to be honest and more indoor maps then to give mounts even more drop options, but what you say does sound a little like Pair Up [which was a bit broken haha]

Archer jeigan with hax growths.

I've been wanting a Sniper Jeigan for awhile haha. At least a Bow Knight/Nomad if they must stay mounted

Edited by Folgore Red II

A careless keystroke by one of the programmers at IS leads to Generals having 65 move.

The real question is whether they were originally supposed to have 6 or 5 move.

The real question is whether they were originally supposed to have 6 or 5 move.

We could give General's Accel from Super Robot Wars! That could be worth doing.

For those unaware of what that is, it's basically a skill some pilots have in SRW's which allows them 3 more movement on a turn move if they activate it for a small amount of points. Could maybe bring back FE2's cast from HP deal but with a skill [and general's are bulky so they shouldn't be in danger if they have to spend some Health to reach the front lines]. Think of it like a forced march and their HP is part of their stamina

Edit: Man I have strange ideas.. haha

Edited by Folgore Red II

1. Mounts can't double.

2. Mounts can't counterattack on the Enemy Phase.

3. Mounts get stat penalties for Pair Ups.

4. Generals and Great Knights are merged into one class.

5. At least one playable Archer/Hunter gets higher base strength.

6. Archers/Hunters get more move than all non mounted units.

Edited by The Void

1. Mounts can't double.

2. Mounts can't counterattack on the Enemy Phase.

3. Mounts get stat penalties for Pair Ups.

4. Generals and Great Knights are merged into one class.

5. At least one playable Archer/Hunter gets higher base strength.

6. Archers/Hunters get more move than all non mounted units.

1. As long as it means with 1-2 range, I agree. But a unit not even being able to double armor knights despite their spd would make them the new archers.

2. Would make them completely useless and the new archers.

3. I hope pair up doesnt come back. Rescue all the way.

4. ?

5. Ok

6. Giving them more move doesn't mean much when they can't really be exposed in EP anyway.

Not taking credit for this, but someone proposed in another thread sometime earlier that should mounts lose doubling, they gain some extra damage (which isn't the same damage as double hit but something significant enough) on their single hit.

I don't know how well that'd work without testing it, but it kinda makes sense considering cavalry charge and all.

Number 2 has already been done; they're called bow knights/nomads :) .

That one strong hit idea sounds interesting; it would give them an advantage in OHKOing fragile units and doing good damage to armoured knights.

I don't see an explanation for why a mounted unit can't double, though. Now, I like Celes' point about how hard it is for a mount to dodge, but I disagree that they can't dodge at all. Just give mounts a different avo formula. At least the grounded ones and wyverns. Pegs should be maneuverable enough in the air to have a bonus, frankly. Which is a problem for balance, but oh well.

The only place it makes sense for a mount not to be able to double is if you give them a charge attack. Bonus damage if they move at least 4 squares or something so the horse gets up to speed. You don't see things doing a double attack with a classic cavalry charge.

Also the lances that Nephenee uses should be different from the mounted ones. Those things are huge and heavy and I don't see even Brom or Gatrie wielding one of those giant suckers, or at least not doubling with one. Proper mounted lances shouldn't double even on a non-charge.

Don't cavalry use a charge attack and then switch to swords/axes once the charge is done and wail at things that way? I know in mount and blade it's really hard to use a lance after the charge is done.

Edited by Narga_Rocks