How Long Does It Take To Make a Youtube Poop?

Randoman

Pardon me for not being able to provide an answer, but could you give a link to your channel? I want to subscribe :D

YTP is my absolute fave~ ( not that I can make any myself, mind you :P )

...eh, sorry. I've never actually made a youtube poop before. I was just planning to run a CD-I Zelda youtube poop making contest here on SF (which would be due on October 13, the day Faces of Evil and Wand of Gamelon came out), in honour of CD-I Zelda's 20th Anniversary. Here's my channel anyways, but it's nothing but a few Dissidia replays.

Well, I guess I'll at least recommend SwishFilmsInc's youtube poops, since they're the ones I find the funniest (though they can get insanely dirty and inappropriate for most of them).

Anywhere from a couple minutes to several hours depending on ambition, skill, command over your editing program, sufficiency of ideas (though none may be necessary) and wanting to produce something new (familiar patterns can be easy to reproduce).

Zelda CD-i related question:

Some years ago i watched such a poop video and i think it was called "the birds are evil" and, man that shit was ridiculously bad and had very long and exegarated part with "the birds are EVIIIIIL" in both sound and movie. But for some reason i don't find it anymore.

Has anyone watched it, has it saved/downloaded (lol), or knows where it went?

Oh and totally approve of such a CD-i Zelda youtube poop video contest :D

Anywhere from a couple minutes to several hours depending on ambition, skill, command over your editing program, sufficiency of ideas (though none may be necessary) and wanting to produce something new (familiar patterns can be easy to reproduce).

Pretty much going to go with this. Also depends on length (lol 15 minute YTPs lol)

Pretty much going to go with this. Also depends on length (lol 15 minute YTPs lol)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXkx-PSwbG4

obligatory Seminal Work

Edited by Rehab

Hmm... Alright. Though I guess for a contest, I should give people a week or two to work on it, since they might be busy with other things.

How long would it probably take for a 2 or 3 minute long youtube poop like The Cowardly King? (with sentence and word splicing)

I wouldn't insist on any direct relationship between length and time/effort invested. You can go all out with frame-by-frame editing and emerge with a 30 seconds long video after a whole week of work, or you could splice up a stupid storyline of barely edited footage in less than an hour, especially if you're very familiar with the source material.

One problem with editing CD-i at this point of time is that by now just about everything has been attempted with it, with old king Harkinian having been forced to utter "Cambodia", "buttsecks" and "Jean-Jacques Rousseau" in many different stories and non-stories, so it might take one week to think of something "original" to do with the source and another to make yourself do it.

Hmm... fair enough. I just wanted a rough idea of the timespan I should be giving people for this contest. As for the length of the youtube poop regarding the contest rules, I'm thinking of having the length be between 40 seconds to 5 minutes.

I personally don't mind redundancy in terms of word splices and edits. I mean, King Harkanian's, Link's, and Zelda's swearing splices are insanely overused, yet no one ever complains about it.

I was planning to enter and make my very first youtube poop about Ganon and Hectan coming to King Harkanian's dinner uninvited, John Baker feeding Ganon and Hectan "10 of these", killing them both and making John Baker being the hero of Koridai. Sadly, I doubt I could make my first youtube poop in a 2 week timespan, since I have no experience with movie making programs besides Windows Movie Maker from one video, and that program is quite outdated.