Why people say the supports in this game are bad?

Nobody

Having gone through most of the conversations in the game, I would say the following characters have very nice supports.

Clarine

Rutger

Saul

Dorothy

Treck

Noah

Astore

Fir

Gonzales

Geese

Lalum

Bartre

Cath

Igrene

Garret

Hugh

Niime

Karel

Others, in my opinion, range from pretty boring to not half bad, but these characters' are the cream of the crop.

It's more inconsistent in quality than anything

Some are just bland to hell and back, others are pretty great. I don't blame the game entirely. It's the first game in the series where actual conversation-based supports are implemented, and can be considered somewhat of a trial run.

It also suffers from a lack of localisation. Most of us in the fandom aren't professional translators, and the intersection of those who are actually pretty good writers and those who understand japanese well enough to translate is very small. FE7 and 8 had professionals doing the translation and localisation. Localisations also get a bit more liberty with wording and content since they're official content and whatever they write is pretty canon even if it deviates from the original, whereas fan translations don't get that liberty unless you want inaccuracies, since we don't get to play word of god.

But there are some pretty great convos there even with the unprofessional translating. It's not all bad.