Young Ump's Craft

Ump

What's up ya'll. I used to mess around on FE forums a lot doing sprites and whatnot, but I kinda took a long break from it. Anyway, enjoy my works.

return.png

Here's something I made recently, just out the blue. It's kinda random, I just let it flow from nowhere. Let me know what ya'll think, this is the first time I've made pixel art in a while.

And if you wanna check out some of my old stuff, here's some of my favorites.

[spoiler=Stuff]

portrait027-1.gif

Dee Jay from Street Fighter

portrait026-2.gif

Sugar Bear from Golden Crisps

alanna01-1-1.gif

Random Chick. It was a request, I think.

portrait024-1.gif

It's Viewtiful

portrait021-1.gif

Custom character named Aaron. Spear-wielding thrill seeker through battle.

bw2.png

Monochroman

portrait020-2-1.png

Another Custom character, wyvern rider

parth2.png

Parth, mercenary axefighter I made up

Nothin's really going on. I've been spriting on and off (mostly off) ever since FEND went down. Some real life stuff went on and I just picked up spriting again. What about you?

Yeah, there's been a lot of moving around. After we switched domains on FEND, people just kind of stopping posting until it was just Rei_Demon, Laref, and I posting in the "The Last Post Wins" thread and then the site got hijacked by a hacker and at that point Zan/Dei cancelled the domain payments and then people either moved to SoS (used to be FEU) which isn't around anymore either, or came here. There was FE Café for a bit, which was pretty much the new FEND but that kind of died off as well. And now we have everyone here at SF lol

• 2 weeks later...

I just realized Jealousy was AK, lol. What's up?

I'll play around with his head a lul bit (kinda sounded wrong), I kinda made it long intentionally.

@Shin: didn't realize they were that funny lol, but I'm glad you're entertained.

return-2.png

I actually kinda like the short face lol. Now to fix that near eye.

Edited by Ump

Hm well the proportions aren't FE esque, and the jaw/mouth are both just straight up large. Ear is on the small side too, but it's a nice start, I'd just take a similarly posed FE sprite and try to match the face length/shoulder width in particular.

Seems like I often have a problem with having too long heads. Anyway, here's an edited and improved version.

portrait028-3.png

Every time I tried to change the mouth it just seemed weird to me, plus I think the wide, goofy smile fits Drake better as a character.

Edited by Ump

• 4 weeks later...

wip029a.png

Lil update. I want the hair to look something like this, but can't figure it out:

Afro.jpg

except not as perfectly combed out and all that. Hard to find exactly what I'm talking about, but I'm sure ya'll get it.

Aye I never thought of that, I'll probably ref that on the open/blank parts, but I was referring trying to have like a bumpy/patchy aspect to the hair.

Edited by Ump