Beneath the Shadows Chapter Two: Chasing Shades

scorri

Celine shrugged as the discussion went from splitting the group to "what to do with Vera". She would've chimed in, but Raelyn had clamped a hand over her mouth. The now-silenced pirate glared at the former barmaid, wanting nothing more than to give Vera a SMALL taste of what would happen if her employers found out that she betrayed them.

"I'm SURE you'd want to rip out her nails one by one, but we're not outlaws!" Raelyn hissed. "Now do everyone a favor and go to bed!"

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alexander blinked and responded, "Oh, yes, here, let me take her." Taking Linn, he carried her over to his bags and laid her down on his blanket, carefully smoothing her hair out of her face. He sighed, wishing that he had never gotten all of these mercenaries involved in this mess.

"I don't underestimate assassins," Andre said, bluntly. "And we need the extra watch to keep an eye out for the Senians. I'd want another person up if we did that, and that's not reasonable. And did you not see her just threaten to kill some of us? This isn't torture, it's a precaution."

After seeing the back and forth exchange between his two commanders, Zeff finally spoke up. He agreed that Vera was certainly a threat, but...Perhaps if this was just any assassin, he might be more inclined to the idea that was being thrown around. But the fact that this was practically his sister, the idea of someone breaking her limbs just didn't sit right with him. A merciful death was one thing, but this was a bit too much.

"Sir, forgive me but I really don't see the need to break her hands and legs. She hasn't been our first prisoner, and if I recall, we didn't go around breaking Iris's limbs. And perhaps I should also bring up that Iris fought against us as well, and probably came just as close to killing us as Vera has. If we can take Iris as a prisoner without breaking her limbs, and then subsequently allow her to rejoin the Senian military, I think it's suffice to say that we can handle Vera. If you need the extra watch, I'm more than willing to volunteer," he said. "I know that as of right now I have an unexplained relationship with the assassin in question, so any suspicion might be warranted but..." he bit his lip, and painfully eked out the words "you might recall that I was more than ready to kill her today..."

Franklin sighed loudly, sitting up. "Fie, I guess ah'm not gettin' any sleep tonight. Andre, before you go on another argument with yer lady friend there, I'll sit up with the lad and keep watch over the girl. Worry not, if she tries somethin' and he gets cold feet, I'll be more than willin' to oblige. Would rather do that then wait until yer all done wonderin' over breakin' her limbs." He stood and walked over to Zeff, hands resting behind his head. "Y'ready for a long night, lad?"

Edited by I have opinions

"Iris was a soldier. She was also nearly killed by one of us before the fact. This one's an assassin and hasn't. There's a big difference, and you'd best learn it quick," Andre responded to Zeff, before Franklin chimed in. Stubborn upstarts. "... Bah, do what you will. You'd best hope this works out, though."