How many US States have you been to?

Anacybele

I just felt like making this sort of thread since I fairly recently did some traveling and I'm just curious. If you've been to any US states, how many?

As of that last trip, I've been to 15 different states. Yup, I've been around. ;P A few of them I've simply traveled through and never really did sightseeing, but most of them I did do a bit more than ride in the car in or get a connecting flight in. Most of the states I've been to are also in the eastern half of the country.

Pennsylvania - I'm from there, Pittsburgh to be exact. I've only been around the western side of the state though.

Georgia - I lived there for a few years. Also been up in Atlanta and Six Flags.

West Virginia - Traveled through it mostly, but I've seen the New River Bridge and have hung around Summersville Lake too.

Virginia - Traveled through, got to see a bit of Wytheville and awesome mountains. I believe I've been to Ft. Lee too since my stepdad was in the military and had to do some stuff there.

North Carolina - I live there now, in Fayetteville. I've also seen Mt. Airy and been to the coast.

South Carolina - Traveled through, also been to Ft. Jackson since my stepdad had to go do military stuff there too.

Florida - I have family there, been to Disney World, been to Jacksonville and Miami, been all over this state pretty much.

California - I have family there and I've also been to Disneyland.

Texas - Took a vacation there with my biological dad's family. San Antonio and the Alamo were so cool. :D

New York - Flew to JFK International there to get a connecting flight to Pittsburgh. But I wanna go to the actual city cause the Nintendo World store! xP

Missouri - Did Six Flags there! Also saw the arch in St. Louis.

Indiana - My mom had to do some military school there (to become a Warrant Officer), so we went to see her graduate.

Kentucky - Just traveled through to get to Indiana. lol

Ohio - Flew to Cincinnati to get a connecting flight to Jacksonville.

Illinois - Flew to Chicago, I believe. I'm pretty sure, cause I remember getting a nice glimpse of the Sears Tower. I can't remember where the connecting flight was going to from there, probably somewhere in Florida.

Originally I thought it was 14, but then I recalled that flight to Chicago. lol (my favorite movie was filmed at that airport too! :D) So, I've visited a whole fourth of the country in my lifetime now.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Two. Ohio for a band thing (saw Taylor Hicks in Grease doe... t'was cool) and Florida on vacation (I ate so much at the Denny's my first day there I passed out soon as we got to the hotel).

Just to California, as years ago it's where my family would go for groceries shopping, and other stuff. Not anymore, but I think we might start to do that again due to recent developing in our law system.

I'm not sure actually, so let's go list the states I've been to. I'm usually going overseas, so yeah.

Maine, Connecticut, Washington D.C., Minnesota, New Jersey, Massachusetts... and possibly Virginia but I'm not entirely sure either. So I guess six. And I'm not counting New York because I live here.

California will be on my next state to go to!

Edited by Flandre

I've been to Montana, Wyoming, and California. Not bad for a Canadian I think.

Also a Nevada airport.

If it's worth anything, I've been to 7 Canadian Provinces (BC, Saskatchewan, Alberta, Manitoba, Ontario, PEI, and Nova Scotia), and one territory. (Northwest Territories)

Edited by Knight

I've lived in California, Hawaii, Nevada and Ohio. I've visited people in Arizona, Missouri, Indiana and Colorado. I've stayed one night in Maryland during a layover.

I traveled by car from Nevada to Ohio but idk if I should count the states that were just gas stops?

I've been to Montana, Wyoming, and California. Not bad for a Canadian I think.

Oh? I'm Canadian, and, starting from the east

Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, Massachusetts, Connecticut, New York, Maryland, Delaware, Pennsylvania, Virginia, West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Ohio, Florida, Kentucky, Tennessee, Alabama (I think), Indiana, Michigan, Illinois, Mississippi, Arkansas, Louisiana, Missouri,

um, I'm tired of typing, but I've been to most of the 48 states in the continental U.S. My family had this thing about driving around when we were younger and seeing stuff. I've been to 9 out of 10 Canadian provinces, too, just missing the territories and Newfoundland. I'm not certain about Wisconsin, Alabama, North Dakota (south has mount rushmore and I saw that), Montana, Wyoming, New Mexico, but I've been to all the others.

Some of them we didn't do much, but I've seen at least one attraction from a lot of them or gone skiing (Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Nevada) or seen a baseball game (Missouri, Massachusetts, Texas, a couple I can't remember) or gone to Disney World and a few beeches.

Edited by Narga_Rocks

I've been to Louisiana, Mississippi, Georgia, Florida, Oklahoma, New Mexico, Nevada, California, Colorado, Washington, New York and New Jersey. And of course, Texas, because I live there :P I'm going to Hawaii this Thanksgiving break for my birthday, so that sort of counts!

Our family tends to travel outside of the US though, so I haven't been to that much of the states.

Arizona, Oregon, Nevada, California, Texas, Rhode Island, New Mexico, Missouri, Oklahoma, Massachusetts

I've moved alot haha, I've also traveled through alot more then this

Ohio (The only state I've ever actually lived in, but I've lived basically all over Ohio at different points)

Pennsylvania (One of my sisters went to pharmacy school in Erie, and I visited her several times. Also, my senior trip in high school was to Seven Springs)

Virginia (Went to the northern part on a trip once, passed through the thin southwest part on the way to Florida)

Washington D.C. (If it counts, I also visited there during my northern Virginia trip)

Florida (Went on a trip to Universal Studios during my sophomore year of high school)

Tennessee (A different one of my sisters lives there right now for her pharmacy schooling)

Kentucky (Passed through on the way to Tennessee)

West Virginia, North Carolina, South Carolina, and Georgia (Passed through on the way to Florida)

So, I've been to 10 States + DC. Pretty good considering I've never been further west than Cincinnati. I'd like to visit my sister in Minnesota (the one who went to Pharmacy school in Pennsylvania), and also to see places like New York and Chicago.

gone skiing (Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, Nevada)

why is that your list and not, like, utah or colorado or something

Anyways, as far as states I have done more than pass through... New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maine, North Carolina, Michigan, Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, Utah, New Mexico... and I think that's it. I'll be adding more this year through college visits, though.

why is that your list and not, like, utah or colorado or something

Anyways, as far as states I have done more than pass through... New York, New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Maine, North Carolina, Michigan, Colorado, Wyoming, Idaho, Utah, New Mexico... and I think that's it. I'll be adding more this year through college visits, though.

You don't have to fly from Toronto to Vermont, so it's easier than Colorado or Utah. I don't even know why they were willing to fly us to Nevada for Tahoe skiing, but I'm glad they did. Tahoe was awesome, I don't know what you are complaining about. Maybe Vail is better than Heavenly, maybe not, but it's not like Heavenly is bad.

http://www.skiheavenly.com/the-mountain/trail-map.aspx

Pure win.

You don't have to fly from Toronto to Vermont, so it's easier than Colorado or Utah. I don't even know why they were willing to fly us to Nevada for Tahoe skiing, but I'm glad they did. Tahoe was awesome, I don't know what you are complaining about. Maybe Vail is better than Heavenly, maybe not, but it's not like Heavenly is bad.

http://www.skiheavenly.com/the-mountain/trail-map.aspx

Pure win.

I've been to Tahoe and it's definitely amazing. It was when I was in 3rd grade or so, but I still remember it pretty clearly. The weather is really nice when I was there, to the point where I could ski without a coat and I was actually wearing a short sleeved shirt. Reaaally nice.

You don't have to fly from Toronto to Vermont, so it's easier than Colorado or Utah. I don't even know why they were willing to fly us to Nevada for Tahoe skiing

Ah, okay. For some reason I was imagining you were not so far east. Yeah, picking Vermont over the Rockies because of proximity makes sense. Also the air quality probably isn't so terrible there in the winter.