List of movesets a Pokemon should have, but don't.

Admiral "Bull" Halsey

The answer is no.

In fact, outside of Hone Claws, Flygon gets no boosting moves whatsoever. And that is kind of a problem seeing as Flygon's attack really isn't particularly great (as an example, Banded Flygon cannot 2HKO standard Ferrothorn (252HP/88Def with Relaxed nature) with Earthquake after Stealth Rock and Leftovers are factored in, whereas Banded Garchomp's Earthquake has a 67.5% of 2HKOing that same Ferrothorn, again after SR damage and Lefties recovery. And this is assuming that Flygon is Adamant while Garchomp is Jolly.)

Other than this, here are some moves that I think some Pokemon should get, but they just... don't:

Gengar: Nasty Plot, Aura Sphere

Flareon: Flare Blitz

Aerodactyl: Brave Bird, Head Smash

Snorlax: Slack Off

Articuno/Zapdos: Hurricane

Wobbuffet: Recover

Raikou/Entei/Suicune: Recover

Tyranitar: Sucker Punch

Flygon: Dragon Dance

Bronzong: Recover

Electivire: Volt Tackle, Bulk Up

Magmortar: Magma Storm, Calm Mind

Gallade: Sacred Sword

Unfezant: Brave Bird

Escavalier: Drill Run, ExtremeSpeed

Haxorus: Fire Punch, ThunderPunch

Hydreigon: Nasty Plot

w-what

how does that one even make sense? O-o

Umbreon: Night Slash, Sharpedo: Reflect, Light screen, Meganium: Power Whip, Lopunny: Close combat, Frosslass: Ice Punch or Shadow Punch, Tentacruel: Acid Armor, Emboar: Agility or Double team, Magikarp: Transform. Gengar or Mismagius: Shadow Force, Because there is no Ghost type move that's power is above 100, except for obviously Shadow force that only Giratina learns.

Umbreon: Night Slash, Sharpedo: Reflect, Light screen, Meganium: Power Whip, Lopunny: Close combat, Frosslass: Ice Punch or Shadow Punch, Tentacruel: Acid Armor, Emboar: Agility or Double team, Magikarp: Transform. Gengar or Mismagius: Shadow Force, Because there is no Ghost type move that's power is above 100, except for obviously Shadow force that only Giratina learns.

honestly, what

sharpedo

also arceus can get shadowforce :x

honestly, what

sharpedo

also arceus can get shadowforce :x

Arceus can learn every move, so it doesn't really count because it's a legendary. It makes sense though, Arceus DID create the universe.. Says the legends and myths from Sinnoh. Still, those poor ghost type's miss out on a unique move, while they're typically stuck with shadow ball or even dark pulse. Oh well.

oh i don't disagree that more stuff should get it, I was just pointing out that 2 things get the move, not one.

also you still haven't explained reflect!/lightscreen!sharpedo

Well, from personal knowledge, I know for a fact that Sharpedo has low defense AND special defense, so it's easily taken out by moves that are super effective to it. ( Such as the obvious grass types, electric types) To make up for it, I suppose it has high attack and speed.

that would be the precise reason why it shouldn't ever get those types of moves though, the only "fragile" things I can think of that get screens are psychic types, which makes sense because they can use their psychic mumbo jumbo powers to make barriers.

although tentacruel learns barrier but no screens...

and I remember teaching a ponyta reflect in yellow version... maybe armor for a horse?

Edited by Kitty of Time

that would be the precise reason why it shouldn't ever get those types of moves though, the only "fragile" things I can think of that get screens are psychic types, which makes sense because they can use their psychic mumbo jumbo powers to make barriers.

although tentacruel learns barrier but no screens...

and I remember teaching a ponyta reflect in yellow version... maybe armor for a horse?

You DO have a point... Now that I think about, I can't even imagine Sharpedo conjuring up some magical wall to protect itself... Yeah it kinda makes sense for Tenty though, it's covered in some fat jelly stuff, it still sort of looks like a barrier. Yeah, I taught my Glalie light screen, makes sense again because of the ice surrounding it... But ice shatters quickly..

light screen does only protect from special attacks though, physical hits smash glass for the most part.

.. True. Not even a flamethrower would do explosive amounts of damage if an ice type uses light screen.

Guest meibum

This is for fourth gen;

Gastrodon

- stockpile (to better wall it raises both defence and special defence and allow for set-up)

- recover (to heal)

- surf/earth power (takes advantage of massive special attack and either or gets the stab)

- toxic (it's a wall so of course)

I always thought Sharpedo should be able to learn Explosion. Its also missing some key Dark type moves like Sucker Punch and Pursuit.

Also Flareon with Flare Blitz is a recipe for disaster since it's HP is so low. It should still get it though.

Crobat learning Brave Bird means that every flying type should get it.

Respec the Eeveelutions so they can get more moves. I want Flareon to at least be usable and not stuck FIRE FANG for its physical STAB move.

And they can make Glaceon better by not making Ice types awful.

Here are some of my updated thoughts:

Breloom + Close Combat: Just to replace Focus Punch.

Kyurem-B + Ice Shard: For priority/counters just to compensate for its slowness.

Ferrothorn + Rapid Spin: Just because of the way it looks, and could easily help rid of hazards.

Golurk + Fissure: Just to make its No Guard ability more useful and epic.

Wobbuffet + Wish: Since it has really high HP base, and Wish heals 50%; though Recover is good too.

Heatran + Doom Desire: For Steel STABs.

Volcarona + Magma Storm: For even more Fire STABs.

Golurk + Fissure: Just to make its No Guard ability more useful and epic.

This or any similar combination will probably never happen

Dragon Dance Kyurem would rule but I doubt it. Ice Punch would be neat. Flygon DD would also be nice I guess.

also Close Combat Braviary

I don't understand why Hitmonchan doesn't get Sucker Punch when Hitmonlee and Hitmontop do (yes I know it's not necessarily an actual punch). Does Hitmonchan always play by the rules? It would also allow the hilarious and probably quite impractical set of Sub/Sucker Punch/Focus Punch/Bulk Up.

Another move I wanted to see was Shedinja with U-Turn. People already use Baton Pass on the guy just for the neutral-priority switch, and it wouldn't be the slowest Pokemon to get U-Turn.