Is DG+ good?

Thanks! So would this be considered a good skillset?

Galeforce, Armsthrift, DG+, Luna, Swordfaire

I like it! DG+ will give Inigo a nice surprise for spot passers who assume Olivia/partner aren't covered by a doting son/husbando!

Here's how this works:

Dual Guard+ is about as worth it as Myrmidon's Avoid+10.

Except the math behind it is tricky- thanks to True Hit, and Dual Guards being on separate Rolls.

In general if the enemy has a Hit Rate before Avo+10 is applied of 74(IIRC) or better, DG+ is better as it's on a separate roll from Hit, if not, Avoid+10 is better.

Some notes:

If the unit is using Breakers, Avo+10 will most likely be better. [see Lancekiller]

If the unit is using Vengeance, do -not- use Dual Guard+. Dual Guards and Vengeance don't exactly mix too well.

Both skills have about equal usage in final builds, I.E. not that important, except Avo+10 can be used to push certain targets down to 0% Hit in specific sets, which is better than anything DG+ can do, although DG+ can be used to get something like a 70% survival rate against getting doubled by Helswath Zerker (DG+ with average Dual Guard rate of S-rank supports without LB is ~47%, or 53% of it not occurring, double non-occurrence is ~28%). Just so happens that DG+ is gotten from the same class as Luna, which is important, much like Avo+10 is gotten from the same class that gives Vantage.

If you're getting into situations where death may occur, then by all means go for it, but if you running fullpower it's not worth it, even as a support unit's skill, because you shouldn't be getting attacked.

^ youre completely wrong.

DG+ >>>> avoid+10 in every situation imaginable.

Are you daft?

Do you understand how the mechanics of the skills work?

Both add 10% to their respective manner of damage avoidance.

Factor in true hit, and if the enemy's actual Hit is already low, Avo+10 soars in its value. (from 73->63: 12.7% 50->40: 18.1%) On top of that, if the enemy doesn't have Hawkeye, it CAN have its Hit reduced to 0 (sure the drop from 10 to 0 is Only 2.1%, but it's a infinite increase in survivability against that unit.)

DG+ will only ever be 10% avoidance, and Dual Guard can NEVER be 100% unlike Avoid... in fact it can't ever reach the 80%+ "Reliable" range (which Avo does at... 69 AVO over the enemy's Hit) .

I don't know about you, but dropping 10 Hit off a target to make them completely unable to hit is infinitely more valuable than raising a 37% chance to not take damage to a 47% chance to not take damage from that same target. If you don't get that concept, you're not very good at all.

Sure there's the whole DG+ works from support thing, but that hardly means anything when you're wagering it against total invincibility.

Edited by Airship Canon

DG+ on a support unit > avoid +10 on a lead > DG+ on a lead > avoid+10 on a support unit.

Still all depends on use and situation. (outside of Avo+10 being completely useless on support)

Either way, the skills are about the same in value.

Avo+10 still can do what DG+ cannot-- and that's actually make a unit totally invincible outside of Counter against another.

Avo+10 on a lead > DG+ on support EASILY if that Avo+10 is dropping a 10 Hit chance to 0.

Hell, DSu+ > DG+ if the +5 AVO drops a 5 to 0.

Still all depends on use and situation. (outside of Avo+10 being completely useless on support)

Either way, the skills are about the same in value.

Avo+10 still can do what DG+ cannot-- and that's actually make a unit totally invincible outside of Counter against another.

Avo+10 on a lead > DG+ on support EASILY if that Avo+10 is dropping a 10 Hit chance to 0.

Hell, DSu+ > DG+ if the +5 AVO drops a 5 to 0.

So that means i should take out DG+ on Inigo and give him either Axebreaker/Avoid +10, Vantage, or Astra?

If so, then which skill should i add in?

So that means i should take out DG+ on Inigo and give him either Axebreaker/Avoid +10, Vantage, or Astra?

If so, then which skill should i add in?

It all depends on:

1. What is he doing? What's your Inigo's role in combat- is he up front for the most part? Is he going to be facing the Enemy Phase?

2. What foes are we looking at? Apo? Late Game? (If so, what difficulty?) Streetpasses (obviously fighting Streetpasses, as DG+ is useless on them)?

3. What are his other skills?

There's a lot to consider than just blindly looking at skills... DG+ is a good example of a skill that you have to question the value of- Yes it can be extremely useful at times [DG+ can allow a unit to reasonably take 2 Helswath 'zerker blasts without dropping (as there's a pretty solid chance that out of the two attacks, one will be dual guarded with DG+) [still highly not recommended], for example.] but at others, its a wasted skill slot, [if the pair isn't facing enemy attacks for whatever reason, what's it doing?] or it's overall effectiveness swings wildly [Like when compared to Avo+10, for example.], so while one can't say it's outright bad, you can't say it's great either. Also, it's only needed, if used, on 1/2 of your units, and only on combat units, which depending on how your team rolls, that's usually only about 6 units.

It all depends on:

1. What is he doing? What's your Inigo's role in combat- is he up front for the most part? Is he going to be facing the Enemy Phase?

2. What foes are we looking at? Apo? Late Game? (If so, what difficulty?) Streetpasses (obviously fighting Streetpasses, as DG+ is useless on them)?

3. What are his other skills?

There's a lot to consider than just blindly looking at skills... DG+ is a good example of a skill that you have to question the value of- Yes it can be extremely useful at times [DG+ can allow a unit to reasonably take 2 Helswath 'zerker blasts without dropping (as there's a pretty solid chance that out of the two attacks, one will be dual guarded with DG+) [still highly not recommended], for example.] but at others, its a wasted skill slot, [if the pair isn't facing enemy attacks for whatever reason, what's it doing?] or it's overall effectiveness swings wildly [Like when compared to Avo+10, for example.], so while one can't say it's outright bad, you can't say it's great either. Also, it's only needed, if used, on 1/2 of your units, and only on combat units, which depending on how your team rolls, that's usually only about 6 units.

So i could make my MU supporting Olivia in the back of the pair with these skills?

Dual Support+, Dual Guard+, Anathema, Solidarity, Luna/Hex?

Also, could somebody give me an example of their team with all the support units and lead units? I would really appreciate it, because i don't fully understand it yet.

Also, could somebody give me an example of their team with all the support units and lead units? I would really appreciate it, because i don't fully understand it yet.

Here's what I used for probably my biggest accoplishment, and should serve as a good example:

MU [Lead: Tank]

Sage

Hit+20, Tomefaire, All+2, Mag+2, Vengeance

Partner: Olivia!Lucina [Lead: Attacker (note: Thanks to SPD thresholds, she didn't do a whole lot)]

Dark Flier

Galeforce, Aether, Luna, Lancefaire, Dual Strike+

LQ!Severa [Lead: Hard]

Hero

Avo+10, Lancebreaker, All+2, Vengeance, Galeforce

Partner: Vaike!Gerome [Hard Support]

Berserker

Lancebreaker, Str+2, All+2, Dual Support+, Axefaire

Libra!Owain [Lead: Attacker AND Tank]

Sage

Vantage, Vengeance, Tomefaire, All+2, Galeforce

Partner: Henry!Cynthia [Lead: Attacker]

Dark Flier

Tomefaire, Luna, Anathema, All+2, Galeforce

Lucina!Morgan [Lead: Attacker; "Sniper"]

Sniper

Bowfaire, Aether, Luna, Ignis, Galeforce

Partner: Chrom!Inigo [Lead: Attacker]

Bow Knight

Bowfaire, Luna, Rightful King, Hit+20, Galeforce

Stahl!Laurent [Lead: Tank]

Sage

Tomefaire, Vantage, Vengeance, All+2, Dual Support+

Partner: Gaius!Noire [Lead: Attacker]

Dark Flier

Anathema, Luna, All+2, Skl+2, Galeforce

Ricken!Brady [Lead: Attacker, (Tanked a couple things, but isn't primarily a tank)]

Sage

Defender, All+2, Tomefaire, Luna, Galeforce

Partner: Donnel!Kjelle [Lead: Attacker]

Bride

All+2, Dual Support+, Luna, Lancefaire, Galeforce

Chrom [Lead: Attacker, "Sniper"]

Sniper

Dual Strike+, Aether, Luna, Bowfaire, Charm

Partner (non-S-Rank): Maribelle [support, can Lead or serve as staffbot]

Sage

All+2, Dual Support+, Tomefaire, Galeforce, [Filler]

Spotpass!Ike [Lead: Hard, "Sniper"]

Sniper

Aether, Luna, Ignis, Bowfaire, Hit+20

Partner (non-support): Yarne [Hard Support]

Berserker

All+2, Lancebreaker, Str+2, Swordbreaker, Axefaire

The rest of the team consisted of Staffbots [Lissa, Libra, Raine (Guest MU)] and Olivia [Dancer]

Designation:

Lead: Hard- This unit will not switch with its support unit, except for restock purposes.

Lead: Attacker- This unit carries out the role of leading an attack on player phase.

Lead: Tank - This unit carries out the role of fighting on the enemy phase.

Lead: "Sniper" - This unit attacks the enemy on player phase at range 3 when needed.(Class must be Sniper)

Support: Hard- This unit will not switch with its lead unit, except for restock purposes.

Pairing two leads together, often calls for double galeforce, or involves a tank.

^^ Thanks for sharing some of your builds! I've always thought i was going wrong when i was pairing attacker with attacker. Anyway, here's some of my sets i might consider:

Olivia [Lead: Attacker]

Assassin

Galeforce, Astra, Swordfaire, Vantage, Avoid +10

Partner: Non S rank MU [Lead: He could be both Supporter and Attacker]

MU: Assassin

Dual Support+/Bowfaire, Dual Guard+/Armstrhift, Luna, Swordfaire, Ignis

Lonqu!Severa [Lead: Attacker]

Assassin

Galeforce, Armsthrift, Vantage/Lucky7/Breaker, Sol, Swordfaire

Partner: Stahl!Inigo [Lead: Supporter/Attacker]

Assassin

DG+, Luna, Swordfaire, Galeforce, Armsthrift

Tharja!Noire [Lead: Attacker and Tank]

Sorceror

Galeforce, Armsthrift, Hit +20, Vantage, Vengeance (With Forged Aversa's Night)

Partner: Ricken!Owain [Lead: Attacker]

Sage/Sorceror

Tomefaire, Luna, Galeforce, Vantage, Astra

Tharja!Morgan [Lead: Attacker]

Assassin

Galeforce, Armsthrift, Swordfaire, Ignis, Luna

Partner: Frederick!Gerome [Lead: Attacker/Tank]

Hero/Assassin

Pavise, Swordbreaker, Axefaire, Luna, Aegis

Stahl!Inigo [Lead: Attacker]

Assassin/Hero

Galeforce, Armsthrift, Swordfaire, Luna/Sol, Astra/Aegis

Partner: Lonqu!Severa [Lead: Attacker]

Assassin

Galeforce, Armsthrift, Swordfaire, Sol, Vantage/Breaker/Lucky7

Chrom!Cynthia [Lead: Attacker]

Dark Flier

Galeforce, Luna, Aether, Tomefaire, Lancefaire

Partner: Kellam!Laurant [Lead: Attacker/Support]

Sage/Sorceror

Tomefaire, Magic +2, Tomebreaker, Luna, DG+

Gregor!Yarne [Attacker]

Berserker

Axefaire, Swordbreaker, Vantage, Sol, Armsthrift

Partner: Gaius!Nah [Lead: Attacker/Tank]

Manakete

Galeforce, Astra, Vantage, Swordbreaker, Avoid +10/Wyrmsbane

Sumia!Lucina: [Attacker]

Sage

Tomefaire, Galeforce, Aether, Luna, Rightful King

Partner: Henry!Brady [Lead: Attacker]

Sage/Sorceror

Tomefaire, Tomebreaker, Luna, Magic +2, Lifetaker

That leaves Kjelle all alone. Also, should i switch Brady and Laurent? Meaning should i give Brady to Cynthia and Laurent to Lucina?

Edited by AssassinSevera