Game-breaking save bug in Lumiose City. Avoid saving there.

Raven

I don't have the game yet but I found this article:

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/gamebreaking-save-bug-found-in-pokemon-x--y-22061

A few Pokemon X & Y players are reporting a problem saving their games in Lumiose City, one of the game's hubs. Saving in and around the streets outside the city have caused the game to lock up, forcing players to manually shut down the 3DS by holding down the power button. Once rebooted, the game loads the save and then freezes yet again in an infinite loop. You can see a video of this glitch above.

This save glitch has been found in both physical and digital copies of the game.

Nintendo has not commented on the problem yet, but it's probably wisest to avoid saving in Lumiose City for the time being.

If you get this bug, I read that turning off your 3DS, removing the SD card and starting the game back up will get it working again.

Edited by Raven

At least there's a fix. That's good news.

The first Pokemon games to have a game breaking glitch that can easily be triggered by accident. Missingno (though Missingno itself is harmless) and it's ilk don't count since an ordinary player would never run into them.

Not sure how a person who has their game saved to the SD card would fix it, though.

Edit: Disregard this, apparently you can't save the game to the SD card.

Edited by Raven

People have reported it's the eShop version.

Anyone heard of it happening to the cartridge version?

If it's not in the cartridge one then I just made a nice decision postponing whether I get the game or not till after the release hype.

Edited by shadowofchaos

If it's not in the cartridge one then I just made a nice decision postponing whether I get the game or not till after the release hype.

I've saved probably 100 times in Luminose's streets while going around searching for everything you can do there, and never saw this bug (I have cartridge).

Haven't saved in Luminose's streets ever since I heard about this though

Make of that what you will.

• 2 weeks later...

It is also in the cartridge version. The thing is that it only breaks when you save on north or south boulevard or one of the alleys leading from it. And it does not always seem to occur.

Either way, there's a patch now so there's no need to worry. :)

Looks like it also fixes a glitch in the GTS. Hmm... I wonder if I should. Not a big priority for me since I can just avoid saving outside on the city itself... well, once I see if I'll have the space for the patch I'll do it...