• Seisen no Keifu (FE4)
    • The Binding Blade (FE6)
    • Path of Radiance (FE9)
    • Radiant Dawn (FE10)
    • Shadow Dragon (FE11)
    • New Mystery of the Emblem (FE12)
    • Awakening (FE13)

Niime is THE biggest reason why FE6 late game is a big joke

Liek, once I tried to not use Miledy, percival, and Rutger. Its still easy because Niime and that "Man with 2 Prf" stomped the map. But when I decided to use Miledy, Percival, and Rutger, but no Niime and MWTP, the map become pretty challenging

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FE6 just might be the best game in terms of balance actually:

- early archers actually have solid contributions in the earlygame

- bow users have longterm potential which is very rare in FE

- foot units' unique strengths (Dieck, Rutger, Klein, Echidna) actually make them a worthwhile alternatives to mediocre mounted units for a change

- late joiners are usually better than the units you had early, so the game is more about strategy and less about training, training, training...

Most complaints mainly comes from the mediocre axemens though

I still like my Bartre thank you very much

Besides Barst, Dagdar and some Paladins (who don't really qualify), axemen have always been mediocre. And like you said, Bartre or Gonzalez are comparable to folks like Hector and Hawkeye who are pretty decent in other games.

Axe users wouldn't be half as bad if the hitrates didn't obliterate them. (ward really needs more growth though...) Bowing with them as Warriors is far more useful, but that hero crest in high demand.

Edited by Irysa

Bartre with his massive strength is pretty handy in Bern if you picked his route.

Also I know its a bit of bias because I absolutely love Igrene but I always found her doing solid in both modes even with Klein, Shin, Sue and if you used them Wolt or Dorothy having the chance to get better. Granted I rarely Ltc

Edited by Jedi

Only odd thing I find is her rank is B and Kleins is A. You would think the Defender of the Desert and daughter of Hawkeye would have an A :P

Granted Kleins mother is Louise

Edited by Jedi

Oh right! I thought A. Man its been too long since I played fe7.

Also Dayan and Juno do pretty ok despite their late join times, Juno if you want more flight (plus she is pretty cute :P) Dayan as a solid extra fighter

- foot units' unique strengths (Dieck, Rutger, Klein, Echidna) actually make them a worthwhile alternatives to mediocre mounted units for a change

- late joiners are usually better than the units you had early, so the game is more about strategy and less about training, training, training...

Irysa took the one counter I'd have used to this already (namely, axe users get fucked over by the hit rates, and hero crest competition is fierce - I'd struggle to find a good argument to promote Ward or Lot over any other Hero Crest user).

Only odd thing I find is her rank is B and Kleins is A. You would think the Defender of the Desert and daughter of Hawkeye would have an A :P

Granted Kleins mother is Louise

Hawkeye started with B axes, too, but oh well? XD :P

lol

Oh right! I thought A. Man its been too long since I played fe7.

Also Dayan and Juno do pretty ok despite their late join times, Juno if you want more flight (plus she is pretty cute :P) Dayan as a solid extra fighter

In Dayan's case, it helps that Wyvern Country is right around the corner as well.

With this logic (barring the late joiner thing), FE12 is as balanced as FE6 and they would both be the most balanced. Come on, Espinosa.

With this logic (barring the late joiner thing), FE12 is as balanced as FE6 and they would both be the most balanced. Come on, Espinosa.

the late joiners thing is actually fairly important. in terms of turncount, i actually think that FE6 0% will be most competitive with vanilla FE6, whereas for example, my FE8 0% turncount gets destroyed in vanilla FE8 in large part due to warp users with huge mag.

Suicides, low% crits and ridiculously blessed Sauls (on top of skipping optional units) would also make itself hard for 0% growths to compete with in terms of turn count. But yeah, if I restarted FE6 HM right now there'd be very little, if anything, I could add to 0% growths v3.

And that logic doesn't apply to New Mystery at all. Indeed, you have the foot classes with unique utility (SMs, Snipers, Zerkers) but it's the same characters each time who get to try themselves out in said roles.

edit: Also, the FE6 hit rate issue applies to more than just axe users.

Edited by Espinosa

Hey Levant. Levin, Ayra, Aideen, Jamka, Dew, Briggid, Raquesis, Ardan, Tiltyu, Claude, Sylivia, Azel and their children can do plenty. Just ask the various players of FE4. You do realize mount rushmore isnt the only way people play the game right? Ever heard of Shins Dew soloing the Cross knights? My various fun times with Briggid soloing entire legions of 2 range foes? The various hilarious and amazing pairings auch as a forseti Patty who becomes blinding fast, those various sword twin videos showing their power? The stavers doing their thing? An Ardan raised Ced with capped Def? Julia soloing a whole batallion of wyverns?

This is very little of things me and other fe4 players have done. Why dont you actually try to have fun with your games?

Come on, Jedi. You know why I have zero interest in playing FE4, so I'll spare you the details. Regardless, I'd say there's a difference between needing to wait for foot units to catch up in a game where the average mount has 3 more move than your average foot class (when promoted, at least) as well as having no rescue command and catching foot soldiers up in, say, most post-FE4 FEs, where, if I really wanted a foot unit to see combat that badly, I can just use rescue chains to get them to the forefront of the battle.

Edited by Levant Fortner

edit: Also, the FE6 hit rate issue applies to more than just axe users.

It does but its most pronounced on axe users because they tend to have crappy skill as well. The first half of the game your accuracy isn't bad with swords (aside from the fucking nomads and cavs), and by the time you get to the desert and beyond, lance users have acceptable hit rates on most things that aren't valkyries or a boss (assuming you use irons and killers mostly. If you go for handaxes/javelins you know what you're going for unless it's Dieck). Axes still obviously have their uses but you really need the skill buffer to make them decent imo.

Edited by Irysa

My Sophia somehow outdid my Lilina. Anyways, I agree my favorite FE has some unbalanced characters, but I'd say Shadow Dragon is the worst. I can't tell you how many can be dismissed as terrible or unstable. While FE6 has many characters with good starting stats, but bad growths (and vice versa), it still offers a wide array of options.

It does but its most pronounced on axe users because they tend to have crappy skill as well. The first half of the game your accuracy isn't bad with swords (aside from the fucking nomads and cavs), and by the time you get to the desert and beyond, lance users have acceptable hit rates on most things that aren't valkyries or a boss (assuming you use irons and killers mostly. If you go for handaxes/javelins you know what you're going for unless it's Dieck). Axes still obviously have their uses but you really need the skill buffer to make them decent imo.

Some of the axers have comparable chances of ORKOing to lance users thanks to the Zerker crit bonus. Also, it kinda helps that, while inaccurate, axe users actually deal damage, which cannot be said about some other classes, like the early archers, Roy, Thany or sword users with poor weapon rank. Let's not forget that it's not only hit rates that are troublesome in the game, but also having enough atk to ORKO.

That's fair, and you get the Brave Axe really early in FE6 as well. I've used Geese to decent success in FE6 because he has good weapon rank and has an acceptable skill stat + the massiver zerker crit bonus, AND always comes in at level 10. I really never bothered to use Gonzales though since I've never actually done Elphin's route, so I've never had the ability to instapromote him since he desperately needs the +5 skill gain from zerker promo. And Lot and Wade always get benched. :\

Edited by Irysa