Mafia Headquarters V4

Kaoz

Yeah, Kaoz said it was cool in the Almost OC Mafia thread. Please make me anything but mafia again.

I'd say put up another small game next (which would apparently be FFTA) since this was a small one as well. British Mafia can start once the training game is over.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only just joined so a little confused about the layout right now (This is probably the wrong thread to post this in too, correct me on that someone...), but hello I'm new to here. I'm actually pretty much specifically for the Mafia section right now, but may branch out depending on how things go.

So exact reason I've randomly dropped in. A year or so ago, a person I ran into on FEPlanet called thateclipse linked me to this area since I'd said I liked mafia games, it wasn't long after that though that I sort of rescinded from the internet pretty much entirely. Recently I've been sort of bored with how few things I'm involved in and while I was busy on a forum with mafia games on it, I wanted to branch out. I have too much free time. So I guess I'm here, just to observe since it appears there aren't any recruition threads open.

To make it clear, I am not new to mafia/werewolf games. I've had almost 3 years experience, at one point was considered one of the most deadly players on my home forum and have played ~250 games total. Don't let that scare you though, I've only just recently started playing with over a year off, and I'm shaking the rust off and I seriously am not playing up to the level I want to. Sorta forgot all of the ways to word and what to do when.

Ugh now I feel like I'm bragging. I'm not trying to. And I seriously doubt I'll be anything good as I adapt to the meta/style of play on this forum. So yeah, any help appreciated. :D

And any ways I can start to immerse myself will be gladly accepted.

(I also see an Epicmafia thread open, anyone who has played over there for over a year may remember me, since I used to be a pretty active member of Epicmafia, and was a moderator for a while. Stepped down when I vanished from the net. I also was never impressive on EM, since I stand out more when I have the chance to think and plan, and was never good at straight up instinctual reactions. So yeah, live action mafia I suck at. XD)

just play one game with me and everything you know and love will be a lie

also I have an idea for Golden Sun Mafia 2 and am in the process of writing it; i just need help trying to get eclipse to check it since she is very confused

Welcome to SF. If you want to join a game, please wait until a new sign-ups thread is posted (the next game will most likely be British Mafia, sign-ups will be opened once Training Filler ends). Alternatively, if you don't want to wait that long, you can sign up as a sub for Final Fantasy Tactics Advance Mafia which started a few hours ago.

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask. Enjoy your stay.

LONG TIME NO SEE BLADESCAPE~! I'm the one that linked you~!

For an idea of what SF meta is like, read the past few games (I'd recommend skipping Training, as that has a lot of people that aren't regulars).

Oh damn the caps came out. XD

Already was doing it as a means to procrastinate on my Presentation due tomorrow. =P

I kinda guessed you were Eclipse over here but didn't want to put my foot in my mouth so I just used the FE username, haha. And yeah, long time. Did the Elysium Campaign thing you were helping with ever really take off? I feel bad for ditching on that when I up'd and left.

EDIT: Is there a terms index somewhere? There are quite a few terms I have seen floating around that I don't understand and I noted the absence of ones I'm used to, so I'll have to be careful with what I use without explanation.

ISO?

ED1? I'm assuming it has to do something with Day one. Early Day One at a guess?

FFM is a player but I'm too tired to work out who.

I'm assuming CFD is not used here, just asking because it's probably the one I use the most.

Also, most games need hammer for a lynch? I get that impression. I'm used to things more like what is in FF TA right now, where hammer ends but lynch will go through without hammer at day end.

Edited by bladescape

Okay, REFERENCE TIME~!

Elysium - not sure, as I kinda left not long after.

TERMS THAT APPEAR IN FFTA

ED1 - Early Day 1

ITP - Independent Third Party

PM - Personal Message (or role PM which should be self-explanatory, but for this game's sake. . .)

RVS - Random Voting Stage, Elieson's favorite time :P:

ATM - at the moment

Almost OC - that's a past game

IRL - in real life--WTF is this doing in a mafia game?!

RNG - random number generator, and this is ALL my fault

OMGUS - this is used elsewhere, so I think you're familiar with it

ISO - check the first post; the links on the player names are the ISOs (click one and see~!)

PLAYER ABBREVIATIONS (all the ones I remember)

FFM - Frosty Fire Mage (currently known as Pascal)

SB - Uh. . .SB (affectionately known as Bananaface by me)

BBM - BBM (or BigBangMeteor, or whatever else he decides to change his name to)

GP - Green Poet

Poly - Polydeuces (or "that dude that changes his avatar like his underwear")

Marth - Bluedoom

The rest should be sort-of apparent. I think.

EDIT: No CFD here, might wanna explain it the first time you use it.

Edited by eclipse

I knew most of them. =P But thanks for the clarifications. RNG and IRL are all over the internet tho. XD

CFD won't really apply much after I've checked, it only really matters when you can lynch without a hammer.

It means Chinese Fire Drill, and it's basically used in my home forum as 'the CFD target' being the person who is an alternate lynch if the leading lynch target calls a power role near the end of the day, so everyone knows who to change to to get the PR claimant out of lynch. Wolves have used this to their advantage but when there's so little time to Counterclaim them anyways it's not really a big difference to normal.
So I guess, clarified, CFD is the sudden change from a PR claim to a secondary target.

@bladescape

most games use hammer required for lynch, I know Prims and Elieson typically use those rules, but it's usually up to host discretion whether to choose hammer is mandatory or hammer just lynches early

@bladescape

most games use hammer required for lynch, I know Prims and Elieson typically use those rules, but it's usually up to host discretion whether to choose hammer is mandatory or hammer just lynches early

To elaborate on this;

My games typically require a hammer, but on occasion (like in FFTA Mafia) only offer a hammer as an option. I also have rule variants that include changes such as being allowed to post Mod-communication directly from your RolePM (such as results, or your actual Role), and other things.

@bladescape; your ideas are intriguing and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

LONG TIME NO SEE BLADESCAPE~! I'm the one that linked you~!

For an idea of what SF meta is like, read the past few games (I'd recommend skipping Training, as that has a lot of people that aren't regulars).

IMO it's worth reading if you want to find out about the site meta.

@bladescape; your ideas are intriguing and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

IMO it's worth reading if you want to find out about the site meta.

What newsletter? XD

Yeah, have been doing. I'm sad Persona 3 got cancelled, I love persona. >>

For the record if I do anything in the way I talk/approach the game or w/e that makes other players uncomfortable, feel free to throw a wrench at me and point it out.

Remember that time when I need a sub? It happened again. It's happening again.

I need another sub.