Shadowed war

Lance Masayoshi

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anon sat up and walked outside. He had barely drunken a thing, barely spoke to anyone, and despite it being his intention, barely thought on any matters at all. He had been tired and feeling lonely, so he mostly just passed out on the counter. It took not but half an hour for him to decide to return.

Poor thing got barely any sleep. She was too worked up from the night just passed, and annoyed everyone saw what kind of antics she loved doing the most, besides pilfering expensive goods. Splashing her face with some water from a nearby barrel, she stumbled out of the carriage and tried to find the others

Makoto arrives at Ylisstol. The atmosphere of the capital was the most depressing he'd ever felt. The commoners were silent, the taverns were empty, the marketplace was deserted. The Valm guards on the other hand were quite cheerful bullying around the Ylisse folks, robbing them of their food and money. The Valm are vile human beings...they do not deserve to live in this world... Makoto thought. He made his way to the Wealthy district where the Royal archives were located. He decided to take the alley ways to avoid the Valm but he encountered a much larger problem.

Four guards were beating on a young man who resisted in giving them his money. They were laughing at the bruises and cuts they were giving the poor man. Makoto didn't even think the guards knew that they were causing him to bleed, nor would they care anyways. Makoto had enough at the foul way they were treating him. He slowly walked over to them, drawing his sword, and covering his face with his hood. The guards were too late to react. Makoto had cut through two before the other two managed to draw their weapons. One guard swinged his sword from above, which Makoto blocked, punching him in the gut, and preparing for the next advance.

Edited by Mondei

Poor thing got barely any sleep. She was too worked up from the night just passed, and annoyed everyone saw what kind of antics she loved doing the most, besides pilfering expensive goods. Splashing her face with some water from a nearby barrel, she stumbled out of the carriage and tried to find the others

"Aurora?" Iscariot asked as he saw Aurora exiting the carriage nearby. "Milady, you look unwell. Are you feeling all right?"

"Aurora?" Iscariot asked as he saw Aurora exiting the carriage nearby. "Milady, you look unwell. Are you feeling all right?"

She paused. [Was that...] She turned and looked up... And there he was; the knight. The knight had lived! "Oh, you're alive! I thought we lost you in the bandit attack. We never saw you..." She stopped. He had asked her question, and she ignored it purely by accident. "Yeah... Bad night, is all" Faking a smile, she looked up at him. "You feeling alright?"

(Just pointing out Iscariot was asked a question, in case you missed it...)

She paused. [Was that...] She turned and looked up... And there he was; the knight. The knight had lived! "Oh, you're alive! I thought we lost you in the bandit attack. We never saw you..." She stopped. He had asked her question, and she ignored it purely by accident. "Yeah... Bad night, is all" Faking a smile, she looked up at him. "You feeling alright?"

Iscariot nodded. "Yes, I'm fine, aside from a slight bout of fatigue. Nothing that a long sleep can't fix." he said, not wanting to mention that he'd been asleep for two days, for reasons he didn't know.

Iscariot nodded. "Yes, I'm fine, aside from a slight bout of fatigue. Nothing that a long sleep can't fix." he said, not wanting to mention that he'd been asleep for two days, for reasons he didn't know.

"Well, that simply won't do! We need our knight in shining armour fully rested up, in case we get attacked again! Do you have a bed allocated to you? Because if you don't, you can take a quick nap in my one, if it pleases you"

"Well, that simply won't do! We need our knight in shining armour fully rested up, in case we get attacked again! Do you have a bed allocated to you? Because if you don't, you can take a quick nap in my one, if it pleases you"

"Nonsense." Iscariot replied firmly, shaking his head as he did so. "I have no intent on stealing a lady's bed from her, even if said lady is offering it to me."

"Nonsense." Iscariot replied firmly, shaking his head as he did so. "I have no intent on stealing a lady's bed from her, even if said lady is offering it to me."

"How noble of you! Can't say I'm surprised really..." Her face suddenly lit up. Spending time with this man was something she simply must do, and she just thought of an excellent idea. "Say, if you're free, could you possibly spare the time to tell me some stories of your adventures as a knight? I've always been curious, yet none of them would ever tell me anything..."

"How noble of you! Can't say I'm surprised really..." Her face suddenly lit up. Spending time with this man was something she simply must do, and she just thought of an excellent idea. "Say, if you're free, could you possibly spare the time to tell me some stories of your adventures as a knight? I've always been curious, yet none of them would ever tell me anything..."

"My... stories? You're interested in my past as a knight?" Iscariot asked, legitimately surprised that she would ask that. "I would gladly do so, but... I'm afraid all of my stories are a bit too... graphic that I would be comfortable telling them to a gentle lady such as yourself."

The Valm soldier charges at Makoto, in which he side steps to avoid, then stabbing him through the chainmail covering his chest. The second one is about to strike but Makoto could not budge his sword out of the corpses body. He turns behind the corpse and avoids the guards advance. He tries to pull the sword out by pushing the body out with his heel, and with the fleeing moments he recovers it just in time to parry a strike from the man. He uses his opportunity to slice open the guards neck, the now dead man falls to the ground.

Edited by Mondei

"My... stories? You're interested in my past as a knight?" Iscariot asked, legitimately surprised that she would ask that. "I would gladly do so, but... I'm afraid all of my stories are a bit too... graphic that I would be comfortable telling them to a gentle lady such as yourself."

She giggled at him. "Tee hee... Oh please. Graphic stories are the best stories, in my opinion. This "lady" isn't as gentle as you think" Pointing to a quiet area near the edge of the cliff she smiled at him. "That area isn't used that much. I think it would be a fine spot to converse, yes?"

(oh my~)

She giggled at him. "Tee hee... Oh please. Graphic stories are the best stories, in my opinion. This "lady" isn't as gentle as you think" Pointing to a quiet area near the edge of the cliff she smiled at him. "That area isn't used that much. I think it would be a fine spot to converse, yes?"

"Well... if you're so eager..." Iscariot sighed. While Aurora's company was pleasurable to him, speaking of his past was not.

"Well... if you're so eager..." Iscariot sighed. While Aurora's company was pleasurable to him, speaking of his past was not.

She noticed how his voice had quietened down. Maybe he didn't want to talk about his past? She didn't care. She was interested in the man, and she wanted to know EVERYTHING about him. "Oh, before we start..." Her cheeks changed into a slight shade of scarlet. "What's your name? I haven't been told"

Edited by DodgeDusk

She noticed how his voice had quietened down. Maybe he didn't want to talk about his past? She didn't care. She was interested in the man, and she wanted to know EVERYTHING about him. "Oh, before we start..." Her cheeks changed into a slight shade of scarlet. "What's your name? I haven't been told"

Iscariot's face turned into an expression of shock. "You mean I haven't given you my name yet?!" he exclaimed, before dropping to one knee and kissing Aurora's hand, as was customary in his homeland. "I am Iscariot. My family's name is of no import here, so... I shan't trouble you with it."

Edited by Polydeuces

Iscariot's face turned into an expression of shock. "You mean I haven't given you my name yet?!" he exclaimed, before dropping to one knee and kissing Aurora's hand, as was customary in his homeland. "I am Iscariot. My family's name is of no import here, so... I shan't trouble you with it."

Oh my~~

Her face turned from a faint red to that comparable of a ladybug, or blood. "You..." Shaking her head, she snapped from her thoughts and just accepted it. "Iscariot..." Iscariot. The name suited the man perfectly. It just sounded so right to her as well. "I see... Well then!" Sitting down on a rock, she turned to him and smiled. "Whenever you're ready!"

Aeran, having been ignored by Iscariot, walked out of the camp, contemplating the seal he held in his hand. He had narrowed his options down to two, but was torn between them. He did not take this decision lightly, knowing it may one day decide whether he lived or died.

He offered a hand to the man, in which the man grabs, using all his energy to stand up.

"T t-hank you so... much stranger!" The man could barely speak. He looked at me and noticed the brand placed under my eye.

"Wait...You look...familiar...Wait! I've seen you on a wanted poster! I just know it! You are with the rebellion, no?"

Makoto did not realize that there were bounties on him and the others, he guessed that the Valm have taken a huge notice of their movements in the north and hired mercenary companies to defeat them. Suddenly, and idea sparked off in his head.

"Yes sir, I have been tasked with uniting a resistance within Ylisstol. My Commander Light has seized Ferox and will soon be on his way to Ylisstol."

Makoto felt bad about abandoning Light and the others, but he needed to know more about this Fire Emblem, he could not leave it for later. But if he helped form a resistance in Ylisstol, then he could give them an advantage for when the time comes to liberate Ylisse.

Edited by Mondei

Oh my~~

Her face turned from a faint red to that comparable of a ladybug, or blood. "You..." Shaking her head, she snapped from her thoughts and just accepted it. "Iscariot..." Iscariot. The name suited the man perfectly. It just sounded so right to her as well. "I see... Well then!" Sitting down on a rock, she turned to him and smiled. "Whenever you're ready!"

"I... would prefer to hear more about you, milady." Iscariot replied as he sat down beside Aurora. "I feel it best that I know more about you before I'm... comfortable... speaking about my knighthood."

"I... would prefer to hear more about you, milady." Iscariot replied as he sat down beside Aurora. "I feel it best that I know more about you before I'm... comfortable... speaking about my knighthood."

"My... My life? Well..." She was stumped. She couldn't say about her live as a petty thief, since that was against the law, and could potentially have her head taken off... Yet, that's all she did. Biting her lower lip, she said the first thing that came into her head. "I'm... I'm a mercenary who travelled the continents... I just started doing the business really, and then this damned war happened, so I haven't done a lot..."

Edited by DodgeDusk

"My... My life? Well..." She was stumped. She couldn't say about her live as a petty thief, since that was against the law, and could potentially have her head taken off... Yet, that's all she did. Biting her lower lip, she said the first thing that came into her head. "I'm... I'm a mercenary who travelled the continents... I just started doing the business really, and then this damned war happened, so I haven't done a lot..."

"..." Iscariot could tell Aurora wasn't telling the truth. Perhaps he'd been wrong about her... about her being a lady he would be honoured to serve under. "Milady, I do not believe you. I wish to hear the truth." he said firmly, before smiling and giving her a reassuring pat on the shoulder. "I will not judge or persecute you for anything you have done in the past. I imagine it's no worse than some of the atrocities I have committed for my country..."