Did anyone notice this grammar error in the DLC?

IceBrand

Well it wouldn't be the first time FE goofed up grammar

You got a Boots" anyone?

"You got an herb" annoys in in 1-P every time. Unless the translator pronounced "herb" with a silent h or something, which I guess I've heard once or twice, but it's not really common.

And yeah, there's a few little errors in the DLC. I seem to recall one of them is called by a different name in it's notification description - I think Summer Scramble is called Beach Scramble or something like that.

"You got an herb" annoys in in 1-P every time. Unless the translator pronounced "herb" with a silent h or something, which I guess I've heard once or twice, but it's not really common.

Over here it is. The only time I hear "Herb" without a silent "h" is when it's someone's name.

As a Murican I've heard 'erb and herb both pretty commonly.

Also, grammer ain't the only issue with the DLC, Inigo and Basilio have some glitched battle convos as well as Celica and Cecilia fusing into a single entity. Though, are there any errors in the main game? :0

Edited by L95

There's also the ever popular "they" mistake. They is a pronoun used for multiple people but many games, people, ads newspapers whatever keep using the pronoun "they" when referring to one person.

You mean like every American ever?

:D

Oh, if it's one of the things you Americans can't say properly pronounce differently, I guess that makes sense. I almost never hear it said with a silent h. It always kind of annoys me seeing words spelled incorrectly in the European releases, missing u's, having excess zeds, that kind of thing.

Edited by Tables

There's also the ever popular "they" mistake. They is a pronoun used for multiple people but many games, people, ads newspapers whatever keep using the pronoun "they" when referring to one person.

You know that that's like, a thing, right? Like a legitimate thing. I'm not even kidding.

EDIT: The singular 'they', that is. It's legitimate grammar, if a little controversial.

EDIT2: I even like it, personally speaking.

Edited by Integrity

Oh, if it's one of the things you Americans can't say properly pronounce differently, I guess that makes sense. I almost never hear it said with a silent h. It always kind of annoys me seeing words spelled incorrectly in the European releases, missing u's, having excess zeds, that kind of thing.

If it makes you feel better I don't say it with the silent h

(I for the longest time thought an 'erb' and a 'herb' were two different things...)

Edited by L95

You know that that's like, a thing, right? Like a legitimate thing. I'm not even kidding.EDIT: The singular 'they', that is. It's legitimate grammar, if a little controversial.EDIT2: I even like it, personally speaking.

What the hell? Since when? That makes no sense

As a Murican I've heard 'erb and herb both pretty commonly.

Also, grammer ain't the only issue with the DLC, Inigo and Basilio have some glitched battle convos as well as Celica and Cecilia fusing into a single entity. Though, are there any errors in the main game? :0

In Cordelia support with Avatar she says "recuit" in one of her lines.

What the hell? Since when? That makes no sense

Since it turned out we didn't have a common gender-neutral pronoun to complement 'he' and 'she' (aside from 'it', but that's pretty rude and objectifying.)

This is most important when dealing with statements that could refer to either gender or when it's important to hide gender (for instance, describing Lucina before localization without a spoiler tag would be most honestly done with a casual drop of 'they', as 'he' would be false and 'she' would be spoilers, but this would be more effective in a series like Ace Attorney where using either pronoun to describe a killer would eliminate suspicion from half the cast) or even just because using the same pronoun all the time is unpoetic.

It's an absolutely legitimate usage that's good enough for Shakespeare, so frankly, getting uppity about its usage is thoroughly idiotic. If it keeps people from throwing about the incredibly-unnatural "he or she" everywhere, then it has a valid use in lexicon.