Your Favorite Rival?

Mighty Kamina

Your Favorite Rival?  

49 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite rival in the Pokemon series?

• Blue (R/B/Y/FR/LG)
    • Silver (G/S/C/HG/SS)
    • Brendan/May (R/S/E)
    • Barry (D/P/Pt)
    • Cheren (B/W)
    • Bianca (B/W)
    • Hugh (B2/W2)
    • Serena/Calem (X/Y)

I'd say Blue and Silver left the most impact. Before anyone screams NOSTALGIA!!111, it's more that they follow a different trend than the other rivals who are more on the friendly side rather than being a flat-out asshat (Blue) or a douche (Silver). Plus, Silver actually learns to be a kinder person as time goes on. He's still super serious, but he's no longer insulting you.

Otherwise, I like Hugh because music. The other rivals are laaaaaame.

Shauna and the others aren't rivals, they are friends

Voted Blue because you actually end up chasing after him and try to catch up to him, and he's also the last boss of his games. He also gets sympathy points for losing his Champion status so quickly

Silver has best character among them, but Blue is better as a rival you're trying to catch up to.

For my least favorite rival, I would have to say Hugh. I find him really annoying, though I don't know why exactly...

My favorite was Blue, which is pretty ironic considering Gen 1 is by far my least favorite gen.

Silver and Cheren are close seconds. Blue was actually talented, and he made you really want to beat him. The fact that he was champion was really cool too. Silver had character development, and Cheren was just generally a cool guy. I also like what they did with Cheren in B2/W2.