Who sent the assassin butler?

Steampunk

I keep running in to this butler at the Battle Chateau who says stuff like "I'm sorry for what I'm about to do" and "I will never reveal my master's identity." Clearly, this is a hitman contracted to murder you. Question is, who sent him and why?

I want to assume it's Malva. If you play the postgame, you'll understand why.

Also, are we completely ignoring the fact that there's also a robot maid that tries to attack you when you talk to her?

Also, are we completely ignoring the fact that there's also a robot maid that tries to attack you when you talk to her?

I thought all maids acted like that.

Now that I think about it, it's probably Shauna: http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/7/73/XY_Shauna.png

Look at those eyes. Those are the eyes of a sociopath who acts like they're okay with losing to you all the time but deep down really wants to rip out your heart and eat it.

Now that I think about it, it's probably Shauna: http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/7/73/XY_Shauna.png

Look at those eyes. Those are the eyes of a sociopath who acts like they're okay with losing to you all the time but deep down really wants to rip out your heart and eat it.

Nah, that's Espurr. Most Pokemon X/Y players have (unanimously) agreed that Shauna wants the D or the V (depending on player character's gender), and technically comes onto the player a few times during the game...and yet the feeling isn't reciprocated.

Oh god, if you're not at least at Earl rank before finishing the main story, then this becomes surprisingly valid in a few ways. O_O

I want to assume that they just made the assassin butler reference some other person from some other game/show/whatever, and that nobody exactly sent him as he's just there to be a reference.

That being said...

I agree with this.

For those that don't know, go defeat the Elite Four again after you beat them the first time. Malva has some pretty choice words to say after you beat her.