November 22 Nintendo Titles

Anacybele

So as some of us probably know, tomorrow is a big Nintendo day! We've got three titles being released:

- The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds (3DS)

- Super Mario 3D World (Wii U)

- Mario Party: Island Tour (3DS)

I want them all! And I'm asking for them for Christmas. Also, the first two already got extremely good reviews. In fact, A Link Between Worlds has surpassed FE: Awakening and one other title to become the highest rated 3DS game of all time! It's been rated 9.5/10 to 10/10!

Super Mario 3D World has also been given similar ratings. Anyone else excited for these games and/or hope to find them under their Christmas tree this year? ^^

Also feel free to talk about the games tomorrow if you're buying and playing them then. :) Just make sure to place spoilers in spoiler tags for those who won't be getting them until later.

Edited by Anacybele

Don't forget Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, Mario & Luigi: Dream Team, and New Super Luigi U. This was Luigi's year as well, you know. :P

But yes, this was an awesome year for Nintendo, for sure!

Really hyped for 3D World. Sadly it releases on the 29th here in Europe, so one more week of waiting for me.

I actually don't even know when Mario Party is coming out over here, but I'll get that one as well in the future (probably some time before Christmas if it has released by then). Edit: Just looked it up, Amazon says the game will release on the 17th of January. So I probably won't get it (be)for(e) Christmas. :P

Zelda... eh. Not really a big fan of the franchise, but knowing me I'll pick the game up sometime in the future anyway. Or put it on my Christmas wishlist, why not.

But yeah, this year was amazing gameswise. My wallet is still crying.

Edited by domflo

why is it that mario games always get crazy high reviews???

because they are really great games. The last three main console 3D Marios (including World) appear to be brimming with possibility.

I just got pokemon, but I'll probably get Zelda sometime in december. I really like hearing about how great it's puzzles are. If you want more information, there are some particular interesting bits about its development in this interview: http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/a-link-between-worlds/0/0

Specifically, it seems that in the early stages this title was in danger of cancellation (or being forgotten), and there is a neat trick to the games overhead view, originally revealed at NY Comic-Con:

photo12.jpg

I am very excited for Zelda a link between worlds I have it pre ordered but cant pick it up till 2 days time though, I have to wait Noo.... and for Super Mario 3D world its not out till the 30th here, I have to wait for that as well & Mario party Isn't out here till next year, So much waiting to do...

This year sure has been packed with heaps of games & it looks like next year will be as well I am quite excited! Also really looking forward to Bravely default next month, I wont know what to play soon with all these games hahaha XD

I'm planning on not only getting A Link Between Worlds tonight, but the Zelda 3DS along with it. I've payed eighty-five dollars and fourteen cents on it already-I just need to pay one-hundred and fifty more, which I SHOULD be getting from my sister, which she owes me anyway.

Edited by Dai

I just finished with the Oracle games so I'm looking forward to more classic-style Zelda. The game looks awesome and the reviews make it sound like it's a lot more challenging than recent titles. I'll have to wait until Christmas though.

Since I'm getting A Link Between Worlds for Christmas, I am completely psyched.

And because I forgot about my spoiler settings for TvTropes... I know more than I should. But I will say this:

I am really, really, REALLY happy.

Loving both the games so far, especially Zelda. Finally, a Zelda game where I solve everything myself with limited, optional advice that isn't on a console that ends with "system." Honestly, Only 2 dungeons in and I haven't really been bored once.

Edited by Knight

Planning to get Zelda, but probably at a later point this year or next year. Wanted to get Bravely Default as well (EU release at 6 December), but after the demo I am not so sure if I should go with the plan.

Being a Zelda fan for quite some time, I'll probably just pick the former (though, the graphics look kinda strange to me)