Bly's topic of stuff

blyegg

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

that bridge and waterfall section is very cool!

thx~

Would be very bad if that room flooded as the throne would be flooded out

...yeah sucks for them (but i added a wall? idk)

lxzGTKJ.png

Edited by Bky

HLl4T2i.png

Should I simplify this or keep it as is?

[spoiler=Also working on...]Quan of Leonster
Sacae tileset, lots of mountains, ger everywhere

I dunno max map restrictions, so I'll be safe and say 40x50

[9:02:55 PM] ash: Make quite a bit of the map separated by lakes

Ll2tB4Z.png

Edited by Bky

i believe the max map size for rom insertion is 36x36 tiles, or any variant of the sum of 36 times 36 which is 1296 tiles, so a 40x50 which is 2000 tiles sized map is exactly 704 tiles above standard if we use the 36x36 criteria. if the map was resized to 30x40 then it would be 96 tiles below the max and therefore would work in the rom (presumably), and if we try to get as close as possible to the limit, well retaining the desired shape then a 30x43 sized map would be the best option as it allows for 1290 tiles.

of course all of this is just based on my own limited knowledge of the limitations, so it would be appreciated if someone with a bit more knowledge about rom hacking either correct or conform this i suppose..

though if were going with fexna/fexp limitations i would assume it would be pretty dang large so eh.

above castle map is nice if a little linear and claustrophobic. then again that's not always a bad thing. . .

Edited by Aquamarinechu

i believe the max map size for rom insertion is 36x36 tiles, or any variant of the sum of 36 times 36 which is 1296 tiles, so a 40x50 which is 2000 tiles sized map is exactly 704 tiles above standard if we use the 36x36 criteria. if the map was resized to 30x40 then it would be 96 tiles below the max and therefore would work in the rom (presumably), and if we try to get as close as possible to the limit, well retaining the desired shape then a 30x43 sized map would be the best option as it allows for 1290 tiles.

of course all of this is just based on my own limited knowledge of the limitations, so it would be appreciated if someone with a bit more knowledge about rom hacking either correct or conform this i suppose..

though if were going with fexna/fexp limitations i would assume it would be pretty dang large so eh.

iprobablyshouldvementionedhowisaidfuckitsince iwontuseitinahackanyway

above castle map is nice if a little linear and claustrophobic. then again that's not always a bad thing. . .

yeah i was wondering whether to make it bigger but i decided to leave it as is

whoa, im excited to see this play uot

thx~ but sadly because its a big map progress is slow cause i always demotivate myself on big maps but it's about halfway done

--

mCx3B4F.png

oYOLFXy.png

EDIT:

AeDgAfS.png

havent fired up advancemap in ages and i need to procrastinate still so...

(how do you export images in advancemap, if possible at all???)

E2-

6Jdmz26.png

E3

1AQAjSw.png

Edited by Bky

Pokemon/FireEmblem game? Yesplz

well there's https://www.reddit.com/r/fireemblem/comments/3drjzl/fire_emblemon_status_update/

---

so because of that i decided to do this...

24.png ---> fnvRW4T.png

(still WIP)

EDIT: Added map sprites and pokeballs and some edits!

wPTtdLP.png

EDIT:

[spoiler=all 3 pkmn maps with trainer sprites and cropping]64urWMb.png

XDbjEMC.png

xu2ZCeN.png

unfortunantly i didnt actually save the last one as a map file so i lose my progress so i wont be editing it (luckily i like it just fine as is)

Edited by Bky

I think there's a height error with the room that has the throne. The height coming from the bottom stairs and the stairs on the right isn't the same I think. Also, do you make those palettes?

5PgbOiJ.png

Yeah I just mess around with the Hue and Saturation till i like something and then sometimes fix a section of something if it got messed up

EDIT: Shading is my enemyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

Edit: pls.

l2yvO4i.png

Edited by Bky

• 1 month later...